Tennis Forum banner

Anna-Lena Grönefeld - doppelt hält besser - vol2

221K views 2K replies 81 participants last post by  Quebec2014 
#1 · (Edited)
Anna-Lena Grönefeld quit with Junior, and will play the "real" tour now.

her first tounrmanet this year is the 10K event in Hull/England

1st Round: Anna-Lena Grönefeld d. Iveta Gerlova 6-4 6-2
2nd Round: Anna-Lena Grönefeld d. Matea Mezak 6-3 6-4
Quarterfinal: Anna-Lena Grönefeld d. Irina Boulykina 6-3 4-6 6-0

:D

#7 ·
Re: Anna-Lena Grönefeld - Totgesagte leben länger! - vol2

$25,000 Bath

(5)Liana-Gabriela Ungur (ROU) v Eirini Georgatou (GRE)
Katie O'Brien (GBR) v (Q)Claire Feuerstein (FRA)
(Q)Marta Sirotkina (RUS) v (Q)Leticia Costas-Moreira (ESP)
(3)Anne Kremer (LUX) v (Q)Anna-Lena Groenefeld (GER)

#9 ·

7-5 6-2 :sobbing: not nearly as good as I would like :eek: but 2 wins in a row is good I guess :lol: and this is a pretty bad first round draw...I think Kremer showed some form in KL a few weeks back. Hopefully ALG can play well..

#10 ·

At least 2 solid and expected wins :)
Tricky first round though. With Kremer you never know, if she's on it's really no shame to lose to her even if Anna-Lena would be Top 80 again but if Kremer is off she can lose to almost anyone.
We'll see :)

#16 ·

Should've been about 6-0 6-3 after being up 6-0 3-1, shouldve been 7-6 after having *5-1 in the TB, and should've been 6-3 in the third, but a win is a win :lol: And this could give her confidence.

#18 ·

well, positive thing is that she won it, and Kremer was for sure not an easy opponent for a 25k tournament!
ALG was more than one class better as soon as she played well, could have been 60 61 or similar, that really should give her confidence, although it still seems that she just is ballbashing, if it works, she is really tough to beat, but no plan b if it doesnt work! Another problem is that she is totally without confidence it seems, almost unbelieveable that she lost 2nd set and choked again in third set but as I said, I think she is unable to keep just the ball in and when she gets tight she probaby she just makes too many UEs...good that she didnt give up , she was fighting and she won, which should give her confident for the next matches, I expect her to reach the SF now, anything else can´t be satisfying....

#26 ·

[...] I expect her to reach the SF now, anything else can´t be satisfying....
IMO these are expectations without taking into account that Anna had to qualify and won a tough match against former WTA # 18 yesterday, gained too much weight last year and is not fit as she should be. If she is in the mood to make another come back, she has to work on her weaknesses (= weight, fitness) first.

#28 ·

^^ well, I won´t change my opinion!
It was just shameful today and there is no excuse for that pathetic result! That russian girl had some nice results at 10k events,really seems to be in good shape but she has to be beatable! What did AL here? 2 easy wins against more or less sucky opponents in qualifying and then one "good" win against former top player Anne Kremer, then she was obviously already too tired today....just annoying, that girl keeps talking about coming back to top 50 and the she is not even able to win such matches at a 25k tournament, not only that, she even embarrasses herself,looking at the players here who are in 2nd round, only defeats against Vögele or Domachowska would have been acceptable and such a defeat should show ALG once again that she is not on the right way and that there are too many wrong things (lack of fitness,mental weakness, wrong coach etc.) And yeah, she has to live with harsh comments and criticism as long as she continues in singles as such results can´t be satisfying for anyone..but as she isn´t willed at all to change sth , it might be better for ALG to make a cut and only move her lazy ass in doubles in future.....anyone else would change the coach after such horrible results or would retire but it seems like ALG is still totally satisfied with it all..whatever, former RG juniors champion, juniors No.1 and WTA No.14 doesn´t find enough motivation obviously to work harder in training and make some big chances..pretty sad actually!

#29 ·

It's pretty clear now that ALG won't be in the qualifying for the French Open. She still needs at least 70 points and has only 4 weeks left.
Qualifying in Monzon won't be easy and for 3 wins in the qualifying, she would only get 6 points.

Maybe ALG should play some 10k tournaments like Zell am Harmersbach in Germany at the end of April.

#30 ·

Maybe ALG should play some 10k tournaments like Zell am Harmersbach in Germany at the end of April.
And below that only rock bottom waits for her.

She fulfilled the demands in this forum and played at a 25K and utterly failed. What if....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.