Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donna Vekic

464K views 5K replies 122 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
I know it's very early for a thread, but time will tell. Judging by this article:

http://www.glas-slavonije.hr/vijest.asp?rub=6&ID_VIJESTI=119156

she could be really something. 13 y.o. and already in an IMG London Academy, made it to slam junior qualies in just a few months on the circuit etc. Hope she's a future star.

#5 ·
really nice to hear that there are some good prospects in Cro.
I'm especially pleased to hear for that boy Coric, because just few days ago I was thinking how we suck and that after Cilic there will be no one solid on atp from croatia. How old is he?
As to the girls, it seems thst Ajla, Petra (and Silvija) will be good and competitve on top 50 level in future.
Few years ago i read something really positive about some girl Vorih, who lives in Germany? Anyod knows what s happening with her?

#10 ·
:eek: :bounce:

#13 ·
Got a wild-card for doubles too. She's teamed up with some girl from Slovakia who's also 14 y.o. and they play against some "big girls", who are both 17:eek: :lol: Neither of these four currently has a doubles ranking. Will be interesting to follow this tournament.

#16 ·
^^ Definately. I sure hope she makes a sensation here (cause beating just about anyone would be a small miracle for her), but we all know the chances are slim - based on her pro debut. But looking forward to this tournament anyway...:)

#17 ·
She can play without any expectations and no pressure and maybe surprise someone but whatever happen this will be great experience for her. :yeah:

#23 ·
made the finals of a g3 and then the finals of a g2 the week after :)
up to 178 in the junior rankings, not including the points that she won at the g2
kind of wish she was play AO instead...still, very nice for someone who is only 14

#24 ·
There's more than enough time for her to develop properly. It's great to see her doing so well (she's 172 in juniors actually), not to mention that there's just one girl younger than her and ranked higher (by some 30 spots). Donna is second best Croat in the junior rankings right now, behind Njiric who's ranked #50, but three years older.

But honestly, I'm scared to base my expectations on junior results when it comes to our girls - experience has taught me better...:lol:

#28 ·
In the final Donna plays Kulichkova. She beat Donna in last week's final but it was very close: 75 67(4) 57. Here's hoping for a different result this week!

Either way, Donna will reach a new CH ranking and break into the top 100 next week. She'll be ~85 if she wins and ~90 if she loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.