Tennis Forum banner

2012 Outfits thread (YEC/Australian debuts + NEW IW-Wimby stuff)

533K views 3K replies 364 participants last post by  OneStopTennis 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
In the recent weeks we saw many players wearing outfits designed for 2012 early. For example:

Cake:

Lady Aga:

Ma$ha:

Also, these designs have been released for Ma$ha at smaller tournaments and for her minions to always wear:

Ma$ha will probably wear the gray and blue as it's less boring and black wouldn't be so fun in the Australian heat, so the minions can endure that instead.

Both these designs are quite nice, although we'll have to get used to seeing this Lotto stuff in action all year, with about four color switches.

Does anyone have any other designs/previews?

See less See more
Reactions: Zamboni
#1,810 ·
Re: 2012 Outfits thread (YEC/Australian debuts + NEW IW-RG stuff)

My Best Dressed: Venus (LOVED!!!!), Serena, JJ, Kiri, and Caro. I liked Oudin's outfit, but her body doesn't do it the justice it deserves.

Biggest disappointment? My girl, Maria. The dress fits her body to perfection, but the color is awful. This was a bummer because I always look forward to seeing what Maria wears and as she typically looks stunning.

Caroline has really slimmed down! The bright yellow outfit looks great on her.

#1,811 ·

Maria looks beautiful, and the dress has an amazing fit.

But it doesn't stack up against her RG dresses from the past. They're usually her best of the year.

Serena looks awesome too. Her colors are all the greens on he perimeter of the court. Cool look.

#1,814 ·

Serena dress was very nice. I loved the colours and it looked great on her. A shame we won't get to see it more.

#1,825 ·

I'm surprised so many Sharapova fans love her 2008 dress. It's so basic but not in a way that I feel flatters her, in both design and color. Black doesn't do anything for Maria, but off white/creams, warm blues, reds, and light yellows look amazing on her, make her features stand out, and look great against her skin tone. I love the fit of this year's dress, hate the colors. The only dark outfit that was really amazing on her was the US Open 2006 dress.

These are my favorites from RG: 2007 and 2011...the draping on the first dress was very pretty, the fit/color of last year's looked absolutely gorgeous on her, and both looked good against the clay.

#1,831 ·

Wtf at that poster praising Maria's 2007 dress :lol: it was hideous! Twas like the degenerate older brother to that 2010 AO atrocity.

And Maria's GOAT 2008 dress wasn't black, it was dark blue and stunning.
More than one poster said they liked the 2007 dress, if you've read the past few pages. The 2008 one in photos reads on my screen as black. And, this is all subjective. I can go "wtf" at you all liking that 2008 dress that does nothing for her (shape and color-wise), you can say "wtf" about what I like. The fact that the 2007 dress reflected what was popular in fashion is probably why I liked it...plenty of girls were wearing dresses in that kind of shape/style, and that's what I used to like about Maria's dresses, that they were bringing trends that were popular into tennis. Not always practical or works, but it makes things interesting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.