Not open for further replies.

Donna Vekic - Volume 2

351K views 5K replies 142 participants last post by  Poiree 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
New volume

#1,865 ·
:bounce:

#1,866 ·
If I'm being picky, Donna's body language wasn't very good even though she always seemed in control of this match (I don't think she ever trailed in the score). She kept doing this

and slapped balls into the net after losing points. Pissy Donna :oh:

#1,867 ·
If I'm being picky, Donna's body language wasn't very good even though she always seemed in control of this match (I don't think she ever trailed in the score). She kept doing this...and slapped balls into the net after losing points. Pissy Donna :oh:
Well, that's standard Donna, she says that she always demands a lot of herself, and now that she is getting into some nice form that might be the case. But yes, she'll have to work on her thought patterns and body language during matches if she really wants to make it big. At least she's young and has a lot of time to learn to deal with things ;)

#1,871 · (Edited)
http://deportes.terra.cl/tenis/vide...muguruza-en-abierto-de-monterrey,7383115.html
Some clips of the match vs Muguruza (from a side angle though)
https://twitter.com/aromero98/status/450857207400112129/photo/1

Donna joking around with Stan and her twitter followers
@DonnaVekic 6h

My team and I finally decided to switch to one handed backhand!What do you guys think? pic.twitter.com/SvK1EksQco

@stanwawrinka got any tips for my one hander? #muchappreciated #merci

‏@stanwawrinka 5h yep... Just don't change ��!

Donna Vekic
@stanwawrinka yeah thanks coach

‏@StarWingSM 5h
@stanwawrinka @DonnaVekic carbon copy of Stan's but only difference is his goes over the net....

Donna Vekic ‏@DonnaVekic 4h
excuse me that was a winner down the line!!!!

‏@StarWingSM 5h
of course it was princess...on the court 3 down from you perhaps....

Donna Vekic
Before I left Miami, I had great time at the NBA match with Sorana Cirstea supporting Miami Heat !!! Go Heat!

Prije nego odem iz Miamia, vise nego odlicno sam se provela sa Soranom Cirstea na NBA utakmici, navijajuci za Miami Heat ! Idemo Miami!!!

#1,876 ·
Donna :spit:

Please beat this serve bot.

#1,877 ·
The line judging in Monterrey is atrocious.

#1,880 ·
Oh well, without seeing what happened out there, I can only say that this was overall not a bad week, and that in particular, these were very nice three weeks (or so).

R2 in IW and Monterrey coupled with R3 from qualies in Miami and two top 50 wins is certainly much better than how the season started, but you can't win every time, especially against in-form players with excellent serving skills.

Now a bit of rest for about a week and then Kuala Lumpur, where Donna is currently just a spot shy of being seeded. Karolina Pliskova will also be there, alongside Cibulkova, Venus and Zhang, but apart from them it's pretty much a challenger-level field. With a bit of luck, a chance for some nice points again.

#1,883 ·
Well, you have to accept that when you go to slightly lower tier events or places where there are few tournaments of a high standard. You just play every point as best you can, and the calls go whichever way they go. Donna may have forgotten how poor the calling tends to be at the lower 10k and 15k level, and how much better it is to be umpired for every match as opposed to being unumpired for qualifying matches at the lowest level. At least when you are umpired the opponent cannot cheat you directly.

Having said that, this surface certainly suits Pliskova, but Donna missed an opportunity here, for sure.

I would still like her to improve her cardiovascular fitness, she seems to look tired quite often. However there is no doubt that in the last month or so her form has improved a lot. She is in matches now and winning her share. After having 6 months without a win, that's nothing to sneeze at. She is making her way to her goals.

#1,885 ·
Donna looked so distracted out there, not doing a good job at settling down and focusing. I can't speak about the events though because line judges calling balls in that were literally (I am not joking) more than 1 foot out has to be distracting and concerning. Donna played nice aggressive tennis, but too many errors creeped in at the end.

And I am not one to call Donna some consistent baseliner, because she's still improving, but damn Pliskova is a serve bot if I have ever seen one. If that 1st serve wasn't in, I don't think she really won many points. It was so annoying because without that serve she would not have won. I'm not faulting her for having a big serve because to have such a big serve on the WTA is a huge plus, but I'm just complaining :ras:

GL on clay Donna, I hope she can get some wins on the surface.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#1,889 ·
Well, I take back what I said about Donna's "improved" backhand. :tape: Karo's bread-and-butter play was to attack Donna's backhand side relentlessly, and usually it paid off. I also don't think Donna was aggressive enough in the third set, and it was a mental lapse from her after breaking back (at 3*-4, she literally broke herself with four straight unforced errors). Some credit should go to Pliskova, though. She saved 11 of 14 break points, often with aces or unreturnables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.