Tennis Forum banner

The Tadeja Majeric making her way to the top thread!

51K views 442 replies 33 participants last post by  Silent Bird 
#1 ·
I think that given the awesome results she's got recently, she deserves her own thread. :lol: :)

She's 22 (born Aug 31, 1990), started tennis at 5.

She broke Top 300 in 2009, but then she had 3 dismal years, never managing to get away from the lower part of Top 300.
But she had an amazing end of 2012 and start of 2013, winning 2 25Ks in a row (Pune & Innisbrook), and made it to the final at 25K Port St.Lucie right after her Innisbrook win,losing to Sharon Fichman. :yeah:

This got her a CHR of 213 3 weeks ago, so she's on her way to break Top 200 eventually. :D

with Anja Prislan :)

See less See more
#187 · (Edited)
I can't believe this hasn't been posted about but Tads beat Terezza Martincova 7-6 6-3 :cheer:
I watched from 7-6 5*-3 Duece #1 and Tads had a few troubles closing it out but played some nice points when it mattered :)
If she can get a little faster and hit the ball a little harder she really can break The Top 100 and more :D
She will now go up to a Career High Ranking of #114 and really start to push for the Top 100 :cheer:

As for upcoming tournaments, she is unfortunately not playing the 75K in Donetsk or anything for that matter on the ITF Circuit next week or the week after so she's either having a bit of a rest or going to the States to play WTAs :D

EDIT: I did some rough calculations (no individual points given the time of day/night for me :D) and I think Tads needs around 150 Points or maybe just over before Pune to make the Top 100 presuming she loses tomorrow. If she wins tomorrow, she would be within touching distance and I am pretty sure if she makes the Final she is in :D

#190 ·
Tads lost :(
I watched from 3-1 in the 2nd and she did not play well at all until 4-2 where she came back to 4-4 30-30 :D
She should have won that game as she missed a few easy shots as she had done so much earlier in the match but at 30-30, a shot of Peer's was on the line, called out and then overruled :( Tads never really recovered as she obviously thought it was out and instead of having BP she was down GP and lost :(

Still, a great tournament and it turns out she can play very aggressively and has a big serve just doesn't use them much :lol: I am really excited to see her rise in the rankings :)

#192 ·
And in the SF she would have had Linette :hysteric:
I am still so disappointed she didn't win. What's sadder is that she didn't play well but it was nice to see that she can play really agressively and deal with most players on Hard Court :) Still, if she made the Final then she would have been Top 100 and probably achieved her best career result ever (including the future) :(

Anyway, she is 2nd on Entry List for 50K in Kazan where she has SF Points to defend so this is a good opportunity to get some more points (Top Seed is just Babos) and also adjust to pressure of defending :)

#194 ·
Tads :cheer:
Aside from Peer and Babos and maybe a random like Sasha Sasnovich or Diana Marcinkevica, Tadeja really has a great opportunity to get a 50K title in Kazan :D

It's a shame she isn't playing either 25K Imzmir on Hard beforehand or 25K Moscow (really weak) on Clay but I was hoping she would play the 25K in Westende-Middelkerke (Belgium) on Hard :( I also want her to play the 50K + H in Kazan (so random to have the 2, one with hospitality one without weeks apart :lol:) but I think it will clash with the US Open :(

I am really excited for her hopefully playing either Quebec City or Tashkent as both could be good tournaments for her :D

#197 ·
Should destroy Cohen given her form :D Remember Tads can moonball and take balls off the rise so will destroy the hopeless pusher :dance: How did Cohen make Qualifying Draw given Baku came off before cut-off :oh:

Anyway, a good draw given the surface although Siegemund may be tricky but that's mainly on Clay :) As for Giorgi, she hasn't hit a ball in the court all year so should be a win and Qualification :cheer:

The 65 points would push her so close to the Top 100 and if she could draw Minella or something she could get 160 Points :D Then she'd be inside :angel: Come on Tads :cheer:

#199 ·
Tadeja fought VERY hard but lost 3-6 6-4 3-6 to Cohen.. :sobbing: In the second set, she was 0-4 down but she managed to win 6 games in a row and won the set 6-4. Disappointing loss but Julia moonballed Tadeja to death. Tadeja's ratio is 31W/72UEs, that's awful but quite understandable given Cohen's game. I'm very very sad for her. :sad:
The commentator said that one game took almost 30 minutes, and one rally lasted 2 minutes and 55 seconds. :tape:

#200 ·
1000000$ question. 10 matches on scoreboard, in all of them the two opponents played at least one game, while Majeric-Cohen was stuck at 3-4, 15 all. So, what happened? Was it:

a) Majeric fixing her hairdo
b) Scoreboard stuck
c) 2min55s moon expedition

What can I say, NASA has competition.

Too bad Tadeja couldn't win, better luck next time.

#201 ·
That's a true shame given Tads' and Julia's forms :sobbing:
Those Unforced Errors are ridiculous and normally tads moonballs well and can attack :(
A shame she couldn't get the 40 Points and some prize money. Let's hope better for Quebec City :)

BTW, it seems Tads is friends with Tads so maybe that will come of something :D
She plays Swiss Interclubs (not a bad move in terms of matchplay) with her :)

#203 ·
Tads won her 1st Round 6-2 7-6(4) :) :scared:
Still a very solid win but she should really be destroying Webley-Smith :(

Next is Sam Murray who she is definitely good enough to beat but if she will is another question :(

In Doubles she lost with Friedsam 6-4 Retired against the Top Seeds :( Still, she can focus on Singles now :D

#204 ·
Tads is playing the Lagos Slams again :inlove:
In the 1st Round she beat Blessing Samuel but lost 21 Points :eek:

Anyway, hopefully she can pick up 100 Points which would push her back close to Top 100 again and get the Doubles with Melanie :cheer:

She is really going to have to play well or go points buying (I saw her on 25K Caracas list :eek:h) if she wants to get Top 100 because her points are now starting to come off and she used her time poorly when she had nothing to defend :sobbing: No Kazans :mad:

#205 · (Edited)
Tads is through to the SFs in Lagos quite easily :)
I must admit, I am a little surprised given her recent results but she seems to be back again as she beat Klaffner 1 and 3 who is quite decent :eek:

Anyway, now in the SF she has Broady who she really should beat and then a re-match with Dinu who she lost to last year :D

If she can manage to win both Lagos crowns then she will be back up to 110 and if she can then win Caracas she will be up to around 106 :D

I really think she should just buy points for a few months to get that Australian Open MD and after that she can start playing more WTA :)

Oh and BTW, the week after Caracas, her 1st Priority is 25K Astana :haha: So she will be going Lagos --> Caracas --> Astana :lol: I think that has to be a record :oh: Biggest points-whorer ever :cheer: But I still love her :D Anyway, I don't know why she didn't just come to Australia and play the 2 50s in Bendigo along with the 25s beforehand as aside from Barty, Dellacqua and Anett, no one else can beat her :haha: Could have picked up 100 Points relatively easily plus 25K Points :shrug: Still, it would be pretty spectacular for her to lose many matches at these events although the combination of all the jet-setting and constant match wins could mean that her Astana performance may be a bit average :oh: Maybe relaxing Floridian Tropical Island 50K Captiva Island would be a better choice :inlove: She really needs to take advantage of this weaker Hardcourt end of season... Shame she choked in Guangzhou and underperformed in Tokyo as as she could have easily gotten points in other tournaments :sad: Still, it is important that she tries WTAs :yeah: Surely she doesn't want to be playing 25s for the rest of her life :oh: :lol: :haha: :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.