Tennis Forum banner

Marion in Stuttgart

5K views 47 replies 12 participants last post by  bruce goose 
#1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[1] Dinara Safina (RUS) v Sara Errani (ITA)
Alize Cornet (FRA) v Daniela Hantuchova (SVK)
[Q] Qualifier (TBA) v [Q] Qualifier (TBA)
Aleksandra Wozniak (CAN) v [6] Agnieszka Radwanska (POL)

[3] Jelena Jankovic (SRB) v Dominika Cibulkova (SVK)
[WC] Sabine Lisicki (GER) v Patty Schnyder (SUI)
Flavia Pennetta (ITA) v Anna Chakvetadze (RUS)
Jie Zheng (CHN) v [7] Nadia Petrova (RUS)

[5] Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) v [Q] Qualifier (TBA)
Shuai Peng (CHN) v Na Li (CHN)
Magdalena Rybarikova (SVK) v Gisela Dulko (ARG)
Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP) v [4] Victoria Azarenka (BLR)

[8] Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) v Iveta Benesova (CZE)
Marion Bartoli (FRA) v [Q] Qualifier (TBA)
Agnes Szavay (HUN) v Ai Sugiyama (JPN)
[WC] Anna-Lena Groenefeld (GER) v [2] Elena Dementieva (RUS)

Awful, awful draw :sad:

See less See more
#3 ·
Hope for a bit of luck here I think, Marion's record against Caro is poor, but if Benesova can pull off a win against her, then perhaps Marion can advance there. Only to meet Dementieva:(

#5 ·
Had a look over at the Stuttgart threads in that prediction game, everyone predicting Sprem over Marion. They will get a shock.

#6 ·
YEah, Caro in straight, but on the plus side she wasn't entirely convincing. The field for Stuttgart is really good, I hope Marion can go far and shut people up for a little while.

#8 ·
Wow, her match wasn't on this morning when I was looking at the odds, Marion at Evens would have been a great price! I HOPE anyway, looks like this may go to a third set.

#10 ·
Nice :D

Every win on clay is good to take before Roland-Garros. She won't face players like Wozniacki in the first round so that's very interesting that she is beating such opponents relatively easily. Well, in the perspective of a 3rd round, I mean. I obviously expect and hope for more :drool:.
It's time to see if Caro is due to be a Zvonareva for Marion. It's hard to break her consistency and probably even harder on clay. At least it is indoors so there is no reason for Marion's serve to not work... Allez!

#13 · (Edited)
Well,if Caro IS to be another Zvonareva for our Queen,then that means that Marion must beat her AT LEAST once...as she did in the Auckland 2006 final against Vera.On grass,I'd like Marion's chances okay...on CLAY,well:unsure:...is Verdasco anywhere nearby??Perhaps too much late night carousing with her older bf will take an infatuated Caro's mind off the match.Regardless,Sprem beat Marion at Wimbledon 2006 one year prior to the Dream Grass Season,so there was a smidge of vindication today:)VAMONOS,:hearts:MARION!!:bounce:

#11 ·
Marion:yeah:.

#12 ·
Good good good, she came back convincingly to win. Caro next, I think it's about time for this head-to-head record to swing in Marion's favour!

#16 ·
:woohoo:OH MY GOODNESS!SHE DID IT!!:D:D:D She really WASN'T scared...sure,she got her serve broken four times but that's NOTHING when you consider the thorough ass-whuppings she'd been taking at Caro's hands.I'm SOOOO proud of our Queen for breaking the schneid on her least favorite surface.What heart!!!:worship:...and as an added bonus,I think I'm gonna go over to the weeping Caro:hearts: and sit her on my lap:devil: and console her that there's no shame in losing to a champ like Marion.......Just kidding,of course:angel:....On to the great Dementieva challenge!!!:cool:

#17 ·
That's a truely great win as Wozniacki is number 6 in the Race, it was such a joy to follow that on scoreboard especially when Marion saved that 3 Sps in the tie-break :lol:. Wow, I didn't think she could score that one on red clay which is not really her best surface. On the other hand, she can express some aspects of her game like her angles and her aggressive display. She is not that vulnerable to power players on clay, I still remember well how impressed I was after she defeated Rezai in 2006. She had her running from every side of the court and was in total control of her shots.
Now that she is fit, she can be a real threat!!! :)

:banana: Love ya Marion, thanks for beating the pusher!

#25 ·
Shes playing first AGAIN at 2, that means ill be in school. :sobbing: Damn the Stuttgart organisers.

#26 ·
Marion:eek::yeah:

#28 ·
What a great result, go wee Marion! That US slump seems well in the past now, hope she can carry this on over the clay season, and I fancy her chances against Dementieva tomorrow too... go on Marion!:hearts: :worship:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.