Tennis Forum banner

OPPA GANGNAM STYLE! - Asian Hardcourt Swing Cheering Thread

25K views 222 replies 25 participants last post by  Wasabi. 
#1 · (Edited)

Laura's schedule:

GRC Bank Guangzhou International Women's Open
Guangzhou, China
(Sep 16-21)

Toray Pancific Open
Tokyo, Japan
(Sep 22-28)

China Open
Beijing, China
(Sep 28- Oct 6)

HP Open
Osaka, Japan
(Oct 07 - Oct 13)

See less See more
#2 ·
hope she do well in Asia~~~

#6 ·
*GIFs added. :p

Agreed. 380pts in total to defend. Without those points she could be around #50-60 :unsure:

She really needs some consistency during this part of the season. Winning one match per tournament isn't going to help. A QF round would be a start. She's the only player in the Top 40 not to have made a QF this year so far. :help:

Her main focus next year should be being seeded in all the GS and pushing for a Top 20 ranking.

It's time to get her game up the next level. We know she has the potential but it's about putting all the pieces together. (and staying injury free)

#9 ·
it seems laura is not in the entry list of tokyo,osaka,linz,moscow.so two tournaments left for this season?

#14 ·
No, she finished season with a QF in Osaka last year. She's really going to have to produce some big results to keep her inside the Top 40 if she's only playing 3 tourneys. Two of which have such a strong field. (Tokyo and Beijing - Top players galore)

I'm still surprised she hasn't entered for Osaka...

Should have entered Linz and Luxembourg too. Just in case.

But I'm sure her and Miles thought it was best not to aggravate the wrist too much.

#15 ·
Draw is out:

[3] Laura Robson vs. [Q]
[WC] Zheng Saisai vs. [Q]
Yaroslava Shvedova vs. Zheng Jie
Timea Babos vs. [7] Varvara Lepchenko

Very nice draw 2 qualifiers or a qualifier and a WC to reach the QFs, would be a very bad tournament if she doesn't get there. Most of the qualifiers are young up and comers though so could be trickier than expected matches I guess. And a good chance of the semi's although Lepchenko could be tricky. Hopefully what Laura needs to start getting on a run and picking up some points with all those to defend.

Qualifiers are:
N Kichenok
Kumkhum
King
Jaksic
Hogenkamp
and a certain J. Konta

#16 ·
The best draw I could have asked for. QF should be on lock. She needs to start beating who she's supposed to beat.

But why do I think Laura will mess this up for herself again? This is a great chance to reach her first QF of the season and to defend a lot of her points.

Lepchenko in the SFs would be tricky though.

Just please don't let the qualifier be Jo Konta... :unsure:

#20 ·
lol,i just saw jaksic play in sanya this week,she is a nice girl.her serve is okay,i think her weapon is her forehand,her backhand is a little bit weak.
overall,i don't think she is going to make trouble for laura,unless laura mess it up herself.

#21 ·
lol,i just saw jaksic play in sanya this week,she is a nice girl.her serve is okay,i think her weapon is her forehand,her backhand is a little bit weak.
overall,i don't think she is going to make trouble for laura,unless laura mess it up herself.
I agree, she's a player Laura should be beating without trouble.

I just said she was pretty good in the smaller tournaments judging from where her best results have come from. :)

#22 ·
I actually like this draw up to the QF !! Please make your first QF Laura :sobbing:

But guys, I can see Zheng Jie sneaking her way into the QF and she may be very difficult in her home country.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.