Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

346K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  Zamboni 
#1 · (Edited)
Now that we can avoid cluttering the main tennis threads,you can all ponder the intellectual capacity of the genius who thought it was a 'bombshell' that Clijsters wanted to have more children: "REALLY?:crazy:I thought Kim HATED kids.Why didn't anyone tell me otherwise?:silly:..."

#3,900 ·
Haha...Fed says he's probably the favorite in his 3rd round match. :p

#3,903 ·
Not really. I suppose Agger isn't too bad .. Eriksen from Ajax is so hyped it rivals Bendtner's and Lindegaard's opinions about themselves - combined. To his defense though, Eriksen seems to be a friendly, down to earth type of guy and suppose it's not really his fault, Danish papers don't have any other players to write about. Even Bendtner isn't arrested every week, so there is a void some weeks :devil:

The last great player - imho - was Martin Laursen ... but unfortunately, he had/has weak knees and retired at an early age.

#3,906 ·
Nieminen breaks Murray right from the start (3-0 now). It suggests it's not going to be a short match.

#3,914 ·
Troicki - Fogini are at 2-2 fifth set. When they're finished it's Kanepi - Begu.

#3,915 ·
Anybody know what the heck this aggressive ratio stat listed in the French Open stats is? Other slams list it as well. I'm confused by how the heck they come up with this stat.

#3,916 ·
I'm not sure if this answers your question but if you drag your cursor over the coloured bar that indicates the aggressive ratio there is a blurb about what it means. Something to do with the ratio between a players winners and their opponents forced errors.

#3,921 · (Edited)
Isner involved in a marathon match...big shocker. :p

Mathieu just held for 8-7 5th set after saving a couple of break points.

#3,925 ·
Triple match point for Mathieu. Isner serving.

#3,929 ·
Argh. Mathieu netted a forehand passing shot hand on match point #4 (2nd of this game). :(

#3,932 ·
Wow. Mathieu breaks for 18-16 5th set at 40-30 (match point #7) from 40-15. :)

#3,935 ·
I was a little surprised that Isner didn't have a look at either or both of those shots. Maybe he had enough and just wanted to get off of the court?

#3,936 ·
Ha!

Jimmie, your new striker, Bendtner, who's in a relationship with a Danish actress, musical star (?), is outed in one of the glossies for having sex in the toilets, with some groupie .. :lol: I am sure Bayern supporters cannot wait for him to join Dortmund and ruin your good club.

On a more serious note though, it's a shame he is not good enough for the Russian buy-me-a-club in blue. He'd fit right in with Cole, Terry and those guys.

#3,937 ·
Ha!

Jimmie, your new striker, Bendtner, who's in a relationship with a Danish actress, musical star (?), is outed in one of the glossies for having sex in the toilets, with some groupie .. :lol: I am sure Bayern supporters cannot wait for him to join Dortmund and ruin your good club.

On a more serious note though, it's a shame he is not good enough for the Russian buy-me-a-club in blue. He'd fit right in with Cole, Terry and those guys.
That goes for every club though, don't it? How many guys that play for liverpool are from Liverpool? And in Spain clubs buy players with money that they don't even have. For example Real is zillions in debt.

#3,944 · (Edited)
I feel like elaborating further.

Yes, I think people like Matt Cronin are scum of the earth and feel the same about most journos. They print / publish a view and hope to stir up sh1t .. That's basically how they work. When their hope for sh1t stirring is directed at Caroline, yes I admit, I do take offense.

As for lapping it up in regards to Bendtner.

It's a very different issue. We are not talking journos posting a view. On the contrary, as you know from Danish media, all the journos are pretty much kissing his arse. He's got his own column in Ekstra Bladet ffs.

I've not based my opinion about Bendtner on anyone's view. Just purely on - undisputed - factual reports.

He did almost kill himself racing his Aston Martin.(on a public road. Luckily no-one else was hurt).
He has been arrest (several times?) for speeding.
He did get Baronessen pregnant and then split up a few weeks later *classy, that one!*
He did try to buy pizza and gave the staff 'Don't you know who I am. I could buy this pizzaria', when he couldn't pay.
He did get involved after Agger and the hotel guest up at Vedbæk had settle their disagreement (noise complaint), and went to the guest's room with the rather provocative: 'Do we have a problem'.
He also karate kicked the guy one or twice, in front of the guy's girlfriend.
He also was seen entering the street in Newcastle w/ Cattermole (?), where police later found several cars with kicked off side mirrors. (Yes I do know, CCTV had only caught Bendtner's friend in the act and CPS gave up on prosecuting Bendtner).

There are probably other incidents. I was just typing, what I could remember.

None of these incidents though have been denied by neither Bendtner nor his PR agent. On the contrary, there's been a couple of apology letters ...

#3,945 ·
TF66

Give it a week and re read... You should see my point.

Yes I mean comercial trading laws and regulations. There is nothing wrong with treating a club as a money pit aka MC and CF. Man U are perenial spenders whith less than secure backing largly based on leverage..

#3,947 ·
Not to dismiss your English futbol interests but...could you comment on whether or not that was a real song from the Jeeves&Wooster video I posted(or one concocted for the show)?Not 'Sunny Boy'(or is it 'Sonny Boy'?),but the one that the older guy was singing: "England!England!England!..."

#3,950 ·
I don't believe that we have heard anything from Jimmie48 since yesterdays loss, I wonder if he did something drastic? He seemed very confident that Caroline was going to win.

#3,951 ·
He hasn't posted here since friday. Maybe he's just been very busy or unable to access the internet.

Goerges also lost as well.

#3,952 ·
Woah. Djokovic down 6-4 4-3 (a break) to Seppi. He was down 4-2 2nd set.

#3,953 ·
Sigh. Seppi broken for 5-5 2nd set at 30-40 from 30-15. :( Seppi was also 2 points away from the 2nd set a couple of times at 5-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.