Tennis Forum banner

Tamira 2012 Cheering Thread

19K views 184 replies 23 participants last post by  Dav. 
#1 ·
Mimi will start in Brisbane, Sydney, and then AO :bounce:

#158 ·
R2: Kerber/Paszek (GER/AUT) d. (10) Benesova/Zahlavova Strycova (CZE/CZE) 6-2 6-3 :eek:

Shocking result. Benesova/Strycova are very good doubles team. Best doubles Grand Slam result for Mimi :hearts:

#160 ·
Lost in 3s in R16 to Chuang/Zhang :(

#162 ·
Tamira into Seoul QF ! :cheer:

Lepchenko next. And in doubles SF with Zakopalova :)

#165 ·
Nice start, Mimi ! :D;)

Azarenka again. So pissed off by her :rolleyes:

#167 ·
Well done, Tamira ! :D;)

But what a scoreline. lol Tamira has such a weak serve, was broken 8 times in this match. Nice choke in 3rd set. Tamira was leading 4-1. Then Govortsova served for the match at 6-5. In 1st set Tamira had a 4-1 lead as well I think. Govortsova won 13 points more than Tamira (108 to 95) and still lost the match. lol

Vesnina next. Head To Head is 1-1. Tamira won their first meeting in Linz 2005. Scoreline was 7-6 1-6 7-5. haha The 2nd meeting was Rome 2011. Vesnina won 6-4 6-4. No idea who will win in Beijing. But I think the match will be close. Tamira must improve her serve if she wants to win.

#169 ·
Reactions: rucolo
#172 ·
#174 ·
The radio man called Tamira and said he is from the tournament office from Generali Ladies Linz. In 2 hours Tamira`s doubles match with Sorana Cirstea starts, but there would be a change. A rich Russian man payed for a "paycard". He payed a lot so his wife can play the tournament and Tamira gets her ("Olga Tenisova") as the new doubles partner. Obviously Tamira was very shocked. And also not amused when the radio man told her that her new doubles partner plays tennis only 2 or 3 times a year. lol

#171 ·
Tamira out in Linz R1 against Mattek :help:

And she had a perfect draw until SF because Cibulkova withdrew :rolleyes:

#176 ·
^ Hi, yeah the coach seemed like Mattek`s husband. Only saw him from the side and behind though. But it was a big guy, so I guess it must be him. Tamira needs a real coach. Mattek`s husband knows nothing about tennis. He didn`t help Tamira at all.

The 3-6 6-7 loss to Hradecka was another disappointment. Head To Head now 0-2. Tamira`s 3rd loss in a row - and all in straight sets. Lost to Vesnina in Beijing R2, to Mattek in Linz R1 and now to Hradecka in Luxembourg R1. Seems like Tamira can only play on grass.

#177 ·
I've always wondered about Tamira...she's very talented, but why is she so damn inconsistent? It's not like she just hits the ball really hard and hopes it will go into court, like Aravane Rezai or Mirjana Lucic...is it mental strength that affects her in matches?

#178 ·
Sad to end the year losing three matches in a row, but on the bright side she can just look ahead to next year where she barely has anything to defend until Eastbourne :bounce:

#184 ·
Happy belated birthday! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.