Tennis Forum banner

Tamira 2012 Cheering Thread

19K views 184 replies 23 participants last post by  Dav. 
#1 ·
Mimi will start in Brisbane, Sydney, and then AO :bounce:

#2 ·
R1 vs. Ivanovic, if she wins R2 probably vs. Clijsters, then QF probably vs. Stosur, then SF probably vs. Serena :help::lol:

#3 ·
Brisbane draw couldn`t be tougher :eek:

Anyway do your best, Mimi, and good luck in 2012! :D

#4 ·

Well, after watching the highlights I can notice that Tamira made a huge improvement ... she came to the net :eek: :speakles:

That is very good and I hope she will keep doing it, despite losing some points because of it. She has such good groundstrokes, which are not worth anything when she stays back at the baseline! So I think I can be happy with Tamira's off-season-training with Stefan Koubek ;)

#5 ·
wow, a really nice highlight video :yeah:

#6 ·
Mimi lost 0-6 6-7 to Bojana. Really tough draws in Brisbane and Sydney :(

Have seen the whole Tamira - Ivanovic match in Brisbane and have to say her game has not improved. Her serve is still a huge weakness, Ivanovic always stepped in and attacked the weak Tamira serve. Hit many easy forehand return winners. Also it doesn`t help that Tamira is so short. IMO Tamira really must change her serve, because if she has a bad serve day she could lose to anyone right now.

#7 ·
#8 ·
Nice news.

But kinda expected as it is possible that she probably can't play the olympics because of not participating in Fed Cup.

Reactions: rucolo
#9 ·
Mimi in bad form :sad:
Pick it up in Melbourne! Nothing to defend so just one win would be great! :bounce:

Hopefully she draws someone like Bremond, Foretz-Gacon, Cadantu, etc. :oh:

#10 ·
Aus Open

[7] ZVONAREVA, Vera RUS v DULGHERU, Alexandra ROU
RODINA, Evgeniya RUS v HRADECKA, Lucie CZE
MAKAROVA, Ekaterina RUS v TANASUGARN, Tamarine THA
LARSSON, Johanna SWE v [25] KANEPI, Kaia EST

[17] CIBULKOVA, Dominika SVK v RYBARIKOVA, Magdalena SVK
MARINO, Rebecca CAN v ARN, Greta HUN
BREMOND, Iryna FRA v ZAHLAVOVA STRYCOVA, Barbora CZE
PASZEK, Tamira AUT v [12] WILLIAMS, Serena USA
Tamira vs Serena in R1 :( And so many easy opponents in Main Draw :(

#12 ·
Bad draw but GL :)
Also doubles with Woehr :eek:

#13 ·
Serena beat Tamira 6-3 6-2 :hug:

It was a tough draw. At least we could watch Mimi on Rod Laver Arena ;)

#14 ·
Paszek/Woehr (AUT/GER) d. Peng/Schiavone (CHN/ITA) 3-6 5-2 ret. (Schiavone: right shoulder injury)

Lucky Tamira in doubles, R2 vs Hantuchova/A.Radwanska :p

#15 ·
At least she got luck in doubles :shrug:
But then they got killed by Hantuchova and Radwanska :lol:

#16 ·
Tamira lost both her Fed Cup singles matches (against Kontaveit and Pironkova) :help:

Still Austria beat Estonia and Bulgaria 2-1, and by winning this group into Promotional Play-Off :eek:

#17 ·
Mimi :eek:
But Austria :yeah:
Mimi was able to recover from her shocking loss to Kontaveit by winning the doubles :D

#18 ·
Lost in straights to Baltacha in the promotion playoff :sad:

#19 ·
Bad loss :facepalm: Austria stuck in Europe / Africa Zone :tears:

#20 ·
Tamira "walking bye" Paszek lost 6-7 6-7 to Shitvong in Doha R1 :banghead:

Pathetic. Tamira beat her 6-4 6-2 in 2010. What a disaster 2012 so far. No win in singles :rolleyes:

#21 ·
Tamira :eek:

Sometimes it's really hard to be her fan. :sobbing:

#23 ·
4-6 4-6 in Dubai QR1 against Anastasia Rodionova :eek:

#34 · (Edited)
Well hopefully it will work out for the French Open then. Or the Washington tournament--I remember you went there last year too? Or maybe even the US Open!
Yep I was at Washington tournament only for the final weekend. It was not planned it's just that when Mimi won the Thursday, I decided to book my flight and take the risk. But Mimi doesn't plan to play those small tournaments this year. Plan my change, we never know.
US Open open for sure, I'm there every year. And the Canadian Open is in Montreal this year so.. home sweet home! But there is too many months before those tournaments :(

#36 ·
Unbelievable but true. Tamira won a match ! :eek::hearts:

Beat Yakimova 6-4 2-6 6-1 in Indian Wells R1. Safarova next ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.