Tennis Forum banner

AO SF: Azarenka def. Stephens 6-1, 6-4

20K views 203 replies 123 participants last post by  Sally Todd 
#1 ·
Thank you Vika :hearts:

What a frustrating match :rolleyes:

Good luck in the final.

#66 ·
Why does Azarenka have fans? At least the AO crowd seem to understand she is unlikeable.

Great tournament from Sloane. A final would have been a step to far. But she can be happy with her tournament, and hopefully she will back it up in 2013.

#68 ·
Maybe if Sloane would have practiced her serves during Vika's long ass fake "stressed" Med TO, she'd still be playing in the match now??????????

Come on. We know you're young Sloane. But any one would have saw that coming, and knew what to do. Don't you watch matches on TV (or you too busy tweeting and texting)?

Vika claimed she "couldn't breathe" and basically admitted she was choking, so took a Medical TO for her knee and chest/ribs. WTF?

So that was a fake limp and fake pain, so the doctor just sat their until it was convenient for her to call him.

#75 ·
Vika was within the rules, Sloane needs to be able to capitalize on those cray, cray moments in a match. That'll come with experience. If I was Sloane I would want to play Vika TOMORROW!!!

Personally, I am alright with this loss because Sloane didn't take advantage of her opportunities, but I'm not going to bash her. She had a great tournament. She should be looking to build on these experiences.

In the same measure, I don't think the crowd should have to applaud Vika, as long as they aren't booing or heckling her I'm cool. Besides like Vika gives two fucks what these crowds think about her. She there to win.

#85 ·
Fuck you Azarenka!!!!! I'm now pissed I was rooting for you to win. Go Li!!!!!!!!!

#93 ·
That was maybe the meekest applause I've ever heard for a reigning champion after a win...

#98 ·
I can sense Vika is trolling in that SF, playing just 40%. She could've double bagelled Sloane by playing more aggressive but she chose to make her as practice partner and rally with her (could help against Na). She almost got her ass bit after trolling too much at the end. Anyways, good luck in final against Na, Vika!:cheer:
Sloane is no threat to the top players yet. But great event for her.

#102 ·
The crowd reaction said it all. They knew it was some lame shit!!!

#107 ·
You changed your tune quick.

Vika probably is more likable off the court. She seemed that way the one time I encountered her. But she is a PR mess. Everything potentially unlikeable about tennis rolled up into one player/package.

And to think that this was the better of the two semifinals! Pure WTA -- thrilling one day, dudsville the next.

My sympathies to Meilen Tu. She must have a migraine right about now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.