Tennis Forum banner

Why does Vika hate Maria so much?

26K views 275 replies 93 participants last post by  PetraReeMona 
#1 ·
It was very disrespectful that she did not say anything to Maria after the match. Then Maria said good job after the photo and Vika said yeah and walked away. This along with the bump at Stuttgart is really sad on Victoria part.

You all can say all that you want about Maria and how happy she plays so shitty in finals and how great it make you all feel when she loses but she does not disrespect people like that. Maria is a decent person and really supports the tour like a champion.

Just goes to show you that you can be a winner and a loser all at the same time. :help:

#152 ·
These players lives are more like each other's than they could ever be like ours.

Dislike, much less 'hate', could be over a stolen cup of water, a stolen boyfriend (or girlfriend) or the color of the sky.

Pretending we have a clue changes nothing. It wasn't a 'warm and fuzzy' moment. The rest is silence.

#153 ·
The furthest that I can remember any hint of bad blood between the two was Beijing 2009 with the 'Is her last name Jankovic' comment.

Has anyone mentioned the Nike private jet story from last year? Apparently they were on it with Federer and Nadal for the Nike exhibition in Oregon and ignored each other all the way. If I remember correctly Vika was asking for movie suggestions on twitter for the flight.

And I just love the way Maria says Victoria as well. It just doesn't sound 'natural'. You can go through all her press conferences since she started playing and she will rarely say a players name,'My opponent' is what she uses the majority of the time.

#154 ·
Do we really expect women who compete against each other for money, ranking points, trophies etc, and who have trained to do so since kiddies to be friends?

I recall a TV interview with Henin in her hotel which showed many players in the dining room all with their coaches, all ignoring each other. Henin herself said it wasn't normal but the way it was.

And if people think Vika/Maria is shocking, then Gawd knows what you would make of the players when Seles was making her comeback. Read her 1st book - even she admits tennis is a business and any weakness is pounced on.

Vika is no different to all that went before her and Maria is a pro to her core. Part of why I respect Maria a lot.

#166 ·
Whatever it is Vika's really mad about it 'cause it's even when she beats her time and again :lol:.

Whatever, it shouldn't matter to Maria or anyone really :).

#176 ·
I do not think Vika hates Maria.. But Maria clearly hates Vika, Petrova, Dementieva, Hantuchova, Jankovic and Radwanska. And tbh she is a much bigger bitch than Vika. That "This is my home" comment she made at Indian Wells to Hantuchova was one of the most disrespectful/bitchy things I have seen on a tennis court and was completely uncalled for.

#177 ·
I do not think Vika hates Maria.. But Maria clearly hates Vika, Petrova, Dementieva, Hantuchova, Jankovic and Radwanska. And tbh she is a much bigger bitch than Vika. That "This is my home" comment she made at Indian Wells to Hantuchova was one of the most disrespectful/bitchy things I have seen on a tennis court and was completely uncalled for.
Yes but at least Sveta evicted her :oh:

#193 ·
Vika is jealous and rightfully so because she is the much better player then Maria and doesn't get as much recognition, money and respect.
What the fck? Based on what? This is peak Vika right now and far from peak Maria. Like fck right off with that and come back when Vika has 4 slams (let alone the career grand slam).

#196 ·
Wow this is such a sad display for some Maria fans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.