Tennis Forum banner

What posters to you are like "that's exactly what I think"?

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Protoss 
#1 ·
I thought I'd create this thread just to gine a chance to say if there is is/are poster(s) who just seem to you to say what you think. It's definitely not a poll and is not to be a hierarchy of who is identified the most. And definitely not about who is a better Caro fan. And no saying who you disagree with the most either. Just a chance to mention the poster(s) you find yourself thinking the most "that's exactly what I think".

For me - it has to be goldenlox. There must be something I disagree with but I can't actually remember anything goldenlox posted that I disagree with. So many "that's exactly what I think" posts. Used to just post in GM about Caro but glad now a regular poster in Caro's forum as well.

I also have to mention Chrissie Fan. Now (unlike goldenlox) I know we do have just a few things we have different opinions on. But Chrissie Fan is so respectful of all players. And I've read a lot of posts where I think "I just couldn't add to that or say anything that I could possibly improve on it".

#2 ·
Thanks for the nice words, terjw. :)

I think the level of debate here is of a much higher standard than at GM because here nobody is really interested in scoring points at the expense of others. I guess one could say that we have two major factions here - the optimists and the pessimists. Since I'm somewhere in the middle of those two extremes I think I have the most in common with you and goldenlox. Having said that, I think that everyone here has often interesting things to say. Even when I don't agree I can usually understand why they feel how they feel. And since 90% of the stuff we discuss here is a matter of opinion rather than fact nobody is necessarily wrong either. If you put it all together this forum probably represents the ultimate in Woz expertise. :)

#3 ·
I don't believe any one else here shares my views to the same degree and that is a good thing. This forum could not possibly survive two of me.:lol:

I guess I identify with the other "pessimists" (protoss and Jimmie48). I feel kind of sad for Jimmie48. I can clearly remember he used to be much more optimistic than me and we got into some disagreements late last year about me being too much of a downer. My bad attitude must have worn him down as he now seems to agree with me more often than not. I hope for his sake that it is just a temporary condition.:)

#12 ·
DownInAHole is kind of my evil twin. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.