Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Is this the beginning of the end for Halep?

53K views 570 replies 167 participants last post by  Pinkiss 
#1 · (Edited)
Rybarkova?? :confused:

#8 ·
Re: Is this the beginning of end for Halep?

Of course not.

#10 ·

OP, in congruence with similarly-themed posts, please change the post title to "The Fall Cometh: Simona Halep"

And to answer your question, it sure is looking likely she's suddenly on the downslope of her career. If Rybarikova has a good tourney the rest of the way and a good USO then we'll know Halep just ran into an in-form opponent. If not, it will likely spell her doom :shrug:

#12 ·

Don't be ridiculous. It's just a bad lose. If she has champion materials, she would be able to shrug it off.

"But I would certainly hope so"

#14 ·

She is done. She'd better try playing only Futures and Challenger.

The 2 heartbreaking loses to Sharapova may have crushed Simona's belief

she was schooled by Masha 3 times in 3 months

Reactions: aknox
#17 ·

There is a major coming up, much more important than this.
But we've seen over & over, its easier to climb than to stay there a long time.

#80 ·

Jelena lost to Bratchikova
Serena lost to Razzano

People have done worse
People need to stop forgetting that Razzano was top 20.

Something Magda has never been actually.

#19 ·

It seems to me that Halepenofans won't show up in GM for a long time now

#24 ·

I think joking aside that if she flops early at US Open her career will go downside. She seems to be mentally fragile and all this buzz about her and Si-si-simona hysteria will only put additional pressure on her.

#31 ·

Way to disrespect Rybarikova tbh. She is not a bad player at all.

and Simona will probably bounce back. You can't win every single match.

#33 ·

If a 2nd round loss means a player is doomed, then every tennis player has no future. Throughout history, EVERY good player loses to someone that's not as good as them on paper. It's just part of the game.

These overreactions are getting annoying.

#34 ·

The beginning of the end? I don't think so. But there is something about Simona's game that seems to be missing against the big players. That edge that will allow her to beat them. I wonder how far she'll get at the Open?

#35 ·

The beginning of the end? I don't think so. But there is something about Simona's game that seems to be missing against the big players. That edge that will allow her to beat them. I wonder how far she'll get at the Open?
She lacks a weapon. Sure, her game is well-rounded but there is nothing that sticks out, and would give her, as you said, an edge against top players. Serena and Petra have their serves and powerful ground strokes; Maria with her screams, delays and toilet breaks; Aga with her variety and God-gifted shot making talent or Vika with her smooth offensive and defensive game etc Simona just doesn't have anything like those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.