#1 · (Edited)
I saw here is no thread for her :mad: :sad:

This is Edina:

Residence Atlanta, GA, USA
Date of Birth December 10, 1984
Birthplace Timisoara, Romania
Height 5' 5" (1.65 m)
Weight 117 lbs. (53 kg)
Plays Right-handed (two-handed backhand)
Status Pro

Career-High Singles No. 71 (June 18, 2007) , current rank is 71

Personally:

Started playing tennis aged 4 with her parents at a local club ... A baseliner who prefers clay courts .... Full name is Klaudia Edina Gallovits ... Mother, Florica, is a handball coach; father, Gyula Laszlo, is a sports teacher (incl. pentathlon); sister, Alida, is an MBA student in Buffalo, NY (also plays tennis); also has three dogs ... Graduated from high school (in Timisoara, Romania) in June 2003 ... Speaks Romanian, Hungarian, German and English ... Likes all types of music except country; favorite artists include Staind, Linkin Park and Jay-Z ... Likes to watch television, read and listen to music ... Most memorable experience was qualifying for Grand Slam debut at 2003 Roland Garros ... Superstitious about not walking on tennis court lines while playing ... Most admires Martina Hingis for being "a great and really smart player" ... Goal is to reach the Top 10.

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS

SiNGLES
Winner: 2007 - ITF/Pelham, AL-USA, ITF/Charlottesville, VA-USA; 2006 - ITF/Indian Harbour Beach, FL-USA, ITF/Augusta, GA-USA; 2005 - ITF/Tunica Resorts, MS-USA, ITF/Lafayette, LA-USA; 2003 - ITF/Greenville, SC-USA; 2002 - ITF/Hvar-CRO, ITF/Szeged-HUN, ITF/Grado-ITA; 2001 - ITF/Cavtat-CRO; 2000 - ITF/Bucharest 1-ROU.
Finalist (1): 2007 - Barcelona.

DOUBLES
Winner: 2007 - ITF/Palm Desert, CA-USA (w/Ditty); 2006 - ITF/Indian Harbour Beach, FL-USA (w/Kirkland); 2004 - ITF/Cuneo-ITA (w/Gubacsi), ITF/Louisville, KY-USA (w/Ditty); 2003 - ITF/Maglie-ITA (w/Sescioreanu); 2002 - ITF/Galatina-ITA, ITF/Lecce 2-ITA (both w/Ehritt-Vanc); 2000 - ITF/Bucharest 1-ROU (w/Balaci).

ADDITIONAL Romanian Fed Cup Team 2001, 2003.

Edina on the court:

See less See more
#97 ·
Re: Edina Gallovits (ROM)

:yeah: Hope she will win the title now :D

#98 ·

Edina lost the final 3-6,2-6 to Shaughnessy :sobbing: :sad: - but it was still an amazing week for and her fans. I am very proud of her and she improved her ranking a lot. :worship:

My little lady-deluxe will improve more and more and maybe we will see her soon in Top-50 or better :woohoo: :aparty:

Edina :yeah:

#99 ·

Yes that's a very good week :banana:

#100 ·

two Edina pics fron Y! Sports and Edina's happy with the trophy :)

#105 ·

I have just bad news :sobbing: :sobbing: :sobbing:

Edina lost after a nice first set 6-4,2-6,2-6 again to Meilen Tu :sobbing: :sobbing: :bigcry: I really dont understand it, because her form was so well. Probably after losing the second her motivation was away or so and she was probably still on clay with her game, but yeah. At least she won a set ;) :p

Better luck next time sweetie :hug: :kiss: - She plays Cuneo next week, 50k on clay, I think she can win this one :rocker2: :rocker2: The other girls are probably not so strong as her on clay. :D :cool:

#109 ·

Bremond def Gallovits 61 75 :D

Sorry Fab, but I dont like Edina at all anymore, and sorry that I dont post here .. And I'm very happy for Severine's win and I dont feel sorry for Edina :sad: I think she'll never be good on WTA Level, she's good for those 50Ks in USA which rised up her ranking :(

Though I see you dont post here anymore also :(

:wavey:

#110 ·

What's wrong with Edina? She's #80, with a career high of #71 achieved this year. She did play a bunch of lower tournaments, but she reached the final of a Tier IV tournament this year. She's also had a couple of other good wins, against the likes of Camerin and Rezai. I hope she'll play some higher tournaments in the future and do even better.

#112 ·

What's wrong with Edina? She's #80, with a career high of #71 achieved this year. She did play a bunch of lower tournaments, but she reached the final of a Tier IV tournament this year. She's also had a couple of other good wins, against the likes of Camerin and Rezai. I hope she'll play some higher tournaments in the future and do even better.
Edina had some good moments on WTA and people forget: It is her first real year on WTA-Level! It was a big change for her.

She made final Barcelona + also beat Camerin,Rezai or made R2 of RG after beating Bardina 6-0,4-0 ret. - it was pretty good I think.

Now on hardcourt she beat Gajdosova 6-1,6-0 - it is a good way, but for many people Edina is a very weak player what I can't understand! She is working so hard and never gives up. She just should learn to play more effective , that's why she didnt have so much success on faster surfaces yet....

I'm sure she stays on WTA-Level, her ranking is good enough for it, maybe here and there a bigger challenger is okay IMO with ranking 70-80.:)

#111 ·

Edina beat Gajdosova 6-1,6-0 in R1 of Bali :yeah: :woohoo: Finally a great win for her after bad last weeks :) But last time when she trashed her opponents, she lost one round later:sad:

Funny: Gajdosova is her partner in doubles:lol: they will face Dell'Acqua/Tanasugarn!;)

#115 ·

:cool:

#117 ·

In 2007 Edina make a good job
We hope in 2008 , to make a great job :D

#118 ·

HOBART OD :
Edina Gallovits beat Renata Voracova 6-0 6-1
GL EDINA :)

#119 ·

QR2 : Edina b. Sun : 7-6 6-1
OR3 : Edina b. Salerni 6-3 6-2
R32 : Edina def. Brianti 6-3 6-2
R16 : Edina def. Govortsova 6-3 6-2
QF : Harkleroad beat Gallovits 6-4 6-4 :((
Edina make a good job , GooD LucK on AO , EDINA !!!

#120 ·

AUS-OPEN R128 DUBOIS S. (CAN) vs. GALLOVITS E. (ROU)
GL EDINA !!! :D:D:D

#121 ·

AUS-OPEN R128 DUBOIS S. (CAN) vs. GALLOVITS E. (ROU)
GL EDINA !!! :D:D:D
Edina b. Dubois :D:D:D 7-6/7, 6-3
Edina will play in R64 with J. Jankovic .
GL EDINA !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.