Tennis Forum banner

Marina Erakovic Cheering Thread

149K views 3K replies 112 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 · (Edited)
Kiwi Cheering Thread :)

#445 ·
Re: Birmingham this week - come on Marina!

It is crazy that the WTA threatened to fine her for pulling out,no wonder there are so many players injured or retiring at 25 or earlier!

I just hope marina stays healthy, doesnt jeopardize her chances of a good showing at wimbledon :scared: :unsure:

#446 ·

It is crazy that the WTA threatened to fine her for pulling out,no wonder there are so many players injured or retiring at 25 or earlier!

I just hope marina stays healthy, doesnt jeopardize her chances of a good showing at wimbledon :scared: :unsure:
I haven't checked where Marina is playing after Wimbledon, I hope she takes a few weeks off though :scared:

#449 ·

As a number of you already know, Marina won her first round match against an American with a big heart (two you may say) 6-1 6-1 :rocker2: Looking at the stats it doesn't appear that her serving was all that great, 3 aces compared to 3 double faults.

A big step up tonight, she versus Alona Bondarenko. Last week Marina was heavy underdog but beat her, hope its the same result tonight!!! Big incentive for Marina to win today, if she wins then shes into the top 50!!!!! :aparty:

#458 ·

Both girls were holding serve with incredible ease, was looking like the 2nd set was heading for a tiebreak. Alona held to make it 5-4, Marina lost it to love to lose 2nd set 6-4 :bolt:

Game on :armed:

#463 ·
Re: Come on Marina! Wimbledon next, then holiday time!

I agree with both solon and kittyking, im not too sad about this loss. It means she will have more rest for wimbledon, hell she doesnt need anymore match practise :lol:

#464 ·

It's ashame she lost after being up a set and a break, but hopefully she can now get some practice and rest in before Wimbledon ...

Imagine the thrill for her to walk on to Centre Court and play one of the likes of Sharapova, Ivanovic or the Williams sisters :eek:
Hopefully that's not in the first round, either :p

I would love her and Casey to be seeded for the Aussie

#465 ·

It's ashame she lost after being up a set and a break, but hopefully she can now get some practice and rest in before Wimbledon ...

Imagine the thrill for her to walk on to Centre Court and play one of the likes of Sharapova, Ivanovic or the Williams sisters :eek:
Hopefully that's not in the first round, either :p

I would love her and Casey to be seeded for the Aussie
She's practised enough, she just needs a hot spa with her personal trainer ;)

Seedings come out soon, it would be awesome if Marina was a seed. Shes had the best Grass court record of any player so far this year, and would be considered a favourite going into a match against a number of the seeds.

#467 ·

She won't be seeded ^^^
They only significantly change the men's seeds, they hardly ever tamper with the women's unless it's either one of the Williamses
*you mean probably won't

They've done some very strange seeding in the past few years, pretty accurate seeds too :bolt: (Well compared with other GS's who base it purely off ranking)

#469 ·

Wimbledon draws released

Yet again Marina is given a reasonably tough first round. This time it's against her doubles partner, Misa Krajicek :armed:

If she wins that it would likely be Kata in the second round, Vera in the third round and JJ in the fourth.

One match at a time for Marina :)

#470 ·

Wimbledon draws released

Yet again Marina is given a reasonably tough first round. This time it's against her doubles partner, Misa Krajicek :armed:

If she wins that it would likely be Kata in the second round, Vera in the third round and JJ in the fourth.

One match at a time for Marina :)
tough draw for Marina:sad:
But good luck for that:bounce::bounce::bounce:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.