Tennis Forum banner

Aleksandra Krunic

343K views 3K replies 177 participants last post by  Youzou 
#1 ·

Date of Birth: 15.3.1993. (Moscow)

Young Aleksandra living and training currently in Moscow (where she is borned) but will represent Serbia where she already compete and won under-12, under-14 and under-16 National Championships titles in past. Right now she is one of TOP10 ranked 1993 juniors in world (TOP150 overall in under-18 ITF junior competition) and together with 1991 Bojana Jovanovski she is right now most promising Serbian young WTA prospect and "player to watch" in global, not only in Serbia. She is also one of most promising young members of famouos Spartak Moscow tennis school and she won Russian Under-16 championship this year.

I know that is too early to talking about her senior-career future but so far juniors career of this girl is very promising and deserve to be mentoned. She is litle "out of radars" in Serbia b/c living in Moscow and maybe "out of radars" in Russia b/c she is Serbian player but she is maybe bigger prospect than other Serbian promising youngsters (Jovanovski, Curovic) or any of several 1993 upcoming players from Russia.

See less See more
Reactions: Shvedbarilescu
#1,768 ·
Next tournament for Aleks in less than a week, and it is a very week WTA event, chance for Aleks to win her first title in this form

Tashkent , 8th September
MD list

1. Jovanovski (im guessing shes withdrawing)
2. Begu
3. Voegele
4. Knapp
5. Vekic
6. Doi
7. Arruabarrena
8. Friedsam
9. Kucova
10. Rogowska
11. Kovinic
12. Peer
13. Siniakova
14. Govortsova
15. Minella
16. Jaksic
17. Sasnovich
18. Panova
19. Kudryavtseva
20. U.Radwanska
21. Buyucackay
22. Pervak
23. Krunic (#136)

#1,773 ·
#1,781 ·
Aleksandra's serve has improved so much. It used to be such a weakness in her game and now it's more than decent, especially for her height. I never believed her serve could improve so much. She has potential, she's not a top 10 material, but she can do so much better than she's been doing. In order for that to happen, she needs to find the way to motivate herself. If Ivanovic can find motivation to play her best during some MM events, there's no excuse for Alex.

#1,782 ·
Well, I'm not sure she'll be able to just go on playing this well right away (in Tashkent). This must have been a huge shock for her, and she's bound to feel a bit rattled and confused until everything has sunk in. Also, now she knows a lot of eyes will be on her and she'll feel more pressure.
But I really hope she'll eventually pull herself together and resume playing at this level because I don't see why she couldn't if she stays injury free. She has the skills, she has fitness and stamina, she just needs the right frame of mind.
Please, Aleksandra, turn out to be the first Serbian sister without mental issues. :sobbing:

#1,783 ·
Well, I'm not sure she'll be able to just go on playing this well right away (in Tashkent). This must have been a huge shock for her, and she's bound to feel a bit rattled and confused until everything has sunk in. Also, now she knows a lot of eyes will be on her and she'll feel more pressure.
I hope she feels the pressure, because she deals with pressure so well. In her career so far she played her best tennis only when she was under a pressure. Those FC matches and now here. She looks like someone who's so brave, so gutsy, she enjoys the situations where she can prove herself. She's not motivated to play ITFs and she admitted that in her latest interview.

#1,790 ·
Oh, no pressure.

I dont even get some cred for loving the Djoker?

#1,800 ·
Guilty as charged.

Although if you were to check, you'll see I have drooled like the old perv I am over said many positive things about Krunic in the past couple of years. This just the first time I've been able to see her play.

#1,805 ·
Brena and Cajka, you can just insult each other in Serbian and I won't know. :oh:

#1,814 ·
Bane nema iskustva na ženskom turu :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I love her interwievs! They all sound so honest, like i hear her chat on the sreet, with a frend or something, not on press confererence .

As for the rest of the year, i hope she makes qf in Tashkent, and at least wins qualies and maybe one or two md match in Linz/Lux, depending of the draw. I think it is doable. Tash has a week main draw, and L&L should have week qualies.

Reactions: SM
#1,815 ·
I can't ban anyone, or I'd have banned Brena ages ago.

Anyway, the best way to get a forum for Aleks is to post here a lot, and request one in the request forum thread.

Politely.

Winning Tashkent would help.