Tennis Forum banner

Aleksandra Krunic

343K views 3K replies 177 participants last post by  Youzou 
#1 ·

Date of Birth: 15.3.1993. (Moscow)

Young Aleksandra living and training currently in Moscow (where she is borned) but will represent Serbia where she already compete and won under-12, under-14 and under-16 National Championships titles in past. Right now she is one of TOP10 ranked 1993 juniors in world (TOP150 overall in under-18 ITF junior competition) and together with 1991 Bojana Jovanovski she is right now most promising Serbian young WTA prospect and "player to watch" in global, not only in Serbia. She is also one of most promising young members of famouos Spartak Moscow tennis school and she won Russian Under-16 championship this year.

I know that is too early to talking about her senior-career future but so far juniors career of this girl is very promising and deserve to be mentoned. She is litle "out of radars" in Serbia b/c living in Moscow and maybe "out of radars" in Russia b/c she is Serbian player but she is maybe bigger prospect than other Serbian promising youngsters (Jovanovski, Curovic) or any of several 1993 upcoming players from Russia.

See less See more
Reactions: Shvedbarilescu
#5 · (Edited)
I know that is too early to talking about her senior-career future but so far juniors career of this girl is very promising and deserve to be mentoned.
well, if her first results on itf circuit are anything to go by things look promissing. she reached the final of 10k prokuplje and lost just one set and served a bagel and 2 breadsticks on her way there. it's not a big tournament, but it's her first and she's only 15 so this is looking good.

*puts krunic on watch list*

#8 ·
She won 6:4, 6:1 in final!!! First tournament and the first title. New Serbian sensation. :bounce:

#12 ·
Currently only British sensation Laura Robson, "Frenchy" Kristina Mladenovic and just other 4 girls younger than Aleksandra is better ranked. It's impressive fact because Krunic so far never compete at any big "Grade A" junior tournament (like any of slams or Orange Bowl for example).

Also, just for Serbian fans i want to give one my exclusive prediction. Dont be very surprised if Aleksandra already like teenager overtake Jankovic and Ivanovic (both TOP50, but never TOP40) in career high DOUBLES rankings which will be very important for our FED CUP chances when we finaly since 2010 will play in World Group I. She played so far just 4 grade 2 tournaments and in Doubles she won 3 out of this 4 (and she plays doubles with different partners) so no chances that is fluke or just coincidence. She is probably future real-deal for Doubles and very promising for singles. She will finaly debut very soon at "Grade A" juniors events which will be much better indication about her.

Talking about her Prokuplje success - she won her 1st ITF tournament younger than Ana or Jelena and this start of her professional career with win at 1st 10K tournament which she ever plays litle remind me at Vaidisova, Karantantceva or Paszek sensational careers start. Very good sign for sure.

#35 ·
In terms of expectations and achieved results - Aleksandra Krunic is "SERBIAN PLAYER OF THE SLAM" (AO/09)! She save MP in 1st round but survive and than won 6-2 2nd set against girls competition 2nd seed Ana Bogdan!

Also she is last Serbian player which still compete in Melbourne (if we not count Dokic ;)) thanks to her success in doubles.
Also, just for Serbian fans i want to give one my exclusive prediction. Dont be very surprised if Aleksandra already like teenager overtake Jankovic and Ivanovic (both TOP50, but never TOP40) in career high DOUBLES rankings which will be very important for our FED CUP chances when we finaly since 2010 will play in World Group I.
;):p

#28 ·
As expected Krunic reach Serbian 2008 UNDER-16 Player of the Year from Serbian Tennis Association, but most interesting is fact which officials says on ceremony that Krunic is worlds youngest player which win some ITF title in 2008!!! :worship: