Tennis Forum banner

Jaqueline Adina Cristian

133K views 2K replies 48 participants last post by  Papasoni 
#1 · (Edited)
I decided to create a cheering thread for one of the most promising Romanian juniors, Jaqueline Adina Cristian.

She's only 14 and as of April, 29 she's no. 274 in the Junior Rankings.

Some might say this thread is premature, but I have a great feeling about this girl. I know it's gonna take some time and a lot of hard work, but I hope we'll see her in WTA and Grand Slam events in a couple of years.

Go Jachetico!

#400 ·
Well in that case, I might as well post this interview with Jaqueline from last year, so that others can learn about her as well. Unfortunately it's only in romanian.

M.Kolodziejova / M.Vondrousova (CZE) [1] d. J.Cristian (ROU) / S.Kenin (USA) 6-1 6-0
Those two czechs are basically unbeatable. Already won this year the aussie and french open, and pretty much everything they entered :eek:

#409 · (Edited)
Back to juniors but still no real improvements in Jaq's results :[

European Junior Championships U18 Klosters

R1: Bye
R2: (13)Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU) d. Inajda Karic (BIH) 61 61
R3: Nina Potocnik (SLO) d. (13)Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU) 62 63

About the result of that doubles match in WTA Bucharest, well I guess you guys can see for yourselves:

#414 ·
Jaqueline will be playing in Sharm in the next weeks. She really didn't have such a good year so far and is currently unranked :tape: Let's hope for some good results here :cheer:

10,000$ Sharm El Sheikh F31 (EGY)

(5)Yulia Bryzgalova (RUS) d. Hortencia Birnbaumer (BOL) 26 62 61
Sabrina Bamburac (GBR) v Cristiana Miruna Tudor (ROU)
Dan Ni Wang (CHN) v Jaqueline Adina Cristian (ROU)
(3)Yana Sizikova (RUS) v Valeriya Deminova (RUS)

#418 ·
Yes, she seems really nice and also looks very pretty :awww:

But didn't she win Les Petits As a few years ago? How didn't she develop better after such a feat? :sobbing: I wonder what's holding her back. It could be only a few little things here and there and if she can manage them or can pull a great result that would trigger something new, she could turn all of this around.

#419 ·
She did win Les Petits As, beating Tornado Black in the final and btw also bageling current #1 junior Vondrousova. Other than that, there's nothing really impressive about her results, which is somewhat disappointing given that it looks like she always had everything she needed.... she trains for like half a year at Bollettieri's, she affords to travel to tournaments in South America and seemingly everywhere accompanied by her coach and physio, she has a contract with Nike and all those things. But we'll see, I still think things will start clicking for little Jaq and the results will come ;)

#420 ·
:eek: I wasn't really following juniors closely till 2-3 years ago, but that run at Les Petits As looked pretty impressive! Too bad really she couldn't follow up better, especially given she's not struggling with material conditions as you said. But each player have their own rhythm, maybe Jaq's evolution curve is a bit more "curvy" precisely (not like a straight line going all up) :p. We'll see. :awww: