Tennis Forum banner

Maria's Exho-Whore offseason cheering thread.

34K views 526 replies 59 participants last post by  Chrissie-fan 
#1 ·
So first ones today. Anyone know if it'll be streamed?

#37 ·
Don't think it was as bad as Tokyo last year. If it was a competitive match I think she'd call the trainer and tape her ankle and continue. Something like Miami last year. But I don't know. Hope it's not serious. She still has that Samsung event in Moscow tomorrow. If she's still able to go, then it should be ok.

#40 ·
No..
But I think it is like this:
-Dec 1st Milano
-Dec 7th Brasil
And no idea if the exhibition with Caro is confirmed on Dec 28th...

#43 ·
No!!! Why did Maria have to get injured now??? All she wanted to do was have some fun and entertain people in a harmless match. :sobbing::sobbing:

I just hope it's not something that lingers into the offseason, causing her to be unable to work on her game with Thomas, just like last year. :scared:

#47 ·
Puh-lease she probably faked it to get out of all the exhos she's whored for :lol:

#49 ·
Really hope her ankle is fine. I don't want an injury to affect her off season training.

#52 ·
Well I am worried... I hope they update us tomorrow... Petra's PR replied to me on twitter:
Hope not, she iced it immediately and got treatment from a doctor. Fingers crossed

#56 ·
Someone mentioned Petra saying Maria had no friends.. I don't understand Czech but from the few words that I did manage to catch she was saying that Maria doesn't hang out with girls on the tour.. Which is a fact...

A few funny moments were:
- Maria pretending to hit the ball hard when she was hittin puff balls... But sometimes she did play seriously and they had some nice points but Petra made way too many easy errors on balls that Maria was setting for her to hit in. :help: I think Petra was a bit nervous and even Maria became uncomfortable with it. So when Petra finally won her game, Maria went to her chair crossing over the net, not walking by Petra as a sign of "protest"... Then Petra did the same...
-During one break Maria opened a bag of Sugarpova, handed it to Safarova and she gave it to a man behind her... He put it in his pocket... And since he was having some extra kilos Maria looked and said: "what is it?" when they told her she said: "He doesn't need it!!"
-They had one exchange of balls with the racket handle...
-The end - epic!!! There BitchyPova made an appearance... Petra had troubles with her serve and Maria told her to serve anywhere... Petra faulted, Maria gave her a chance to serve again.. And told her: "Come on! Give me an ace! A Wimbledon match point ace!" there she raised a bit her eyebrows and had a certain look on her (and that's the moment when I thought, oh noes, she is not joking)... and continued: "Believe me, I remember it! It gives me nightmares."

#59 · (Edited)
At the very least, I wouldn't be surprised if this injury puts an end to Maria's Exhibition season. I realize people pay good money in advance to see her play in these kinds of matches and a huge star like Maria is counted on to promote the women's game. But she needs to look out for herself first. Better to be cautious and prioritize.

As for the match, I love Maria's sense of humor. It can be a bit biting and direct. I think she was playfully needling Petra, trying to have some fun and pump her up a bit. She probably sensed Petra was a little down with the way she was playing and her health issues. But I can't be sure unless I see some video.

And I like how Maria can joke about that painful loss to Petra at Wimbledon.

#60 ·
She also manages to be funny without the shade when it comes to Petra. Cause her sense of humour is dry and sarcastic, its hard not to shade.

#69 ·
Tell me about it, I already have tickets for that :hysteric: I hope it's nothing serious and she will come to Milan, or at least show up even if she can't play

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.