Tennis Forum banner

Storm Hunter (Sanders) Cheering Thread

59K views 422 replies 46 participants last post by  guichard 
#1 ·
Haven't seen a thread for Storm yet.

She had great results in 2011, and is playing in Hobart qualifying.

Top 250 by end of 2012?

#29 ·
Sanders vs Belygemizer - match report

Saw the end of the first to the end of the 2nd set. Storm is trying to hit harder and looks quite lean and fit out there. Cracking the serve harder and trying to be more aggressive. But she just seems to be ball bashing out there and has seemed to have abandoned the nice little lefty touches and spins from a year back. With this aggression, she makes a few more errors and apart from good play here and there the experienced Ukraine had no troubles with Storms game at all. Yulia played well I thought and deserves credit more than saying Storm handed her the match.

Nicole had the ipad out – uses some tennis match stats functionality, plugs info in on each point. Very encouraging of Storm even during her low patches. I expect she knows that Storm is a few years away from being competitive in a slam quallie.

#35 ·
Two good wins so far this year against some young contemporaries like Bouchard & Savic. Seems to be over her flat patch at the end of the year. Looked very fit at the AO - my bet is that she really worked on her fitness for a strong start to this year. Keep it going :)

#57 ·
Will be 19 soon, and has experience as a junior travelling o/s. Local circuit ok for now but will be limiting in due course. Overseas circuit (US, Europe, Asia) even at 10K - 25K events will be stronger. (Not Kazakstan). And able to play several events in a row in same area for cumulative experience unlike in Oz. Funding should not be an issue- AIS. Need to keep on a roll while the confidence is high. Target should be within top 200-250 by end of year, trying the odd 50K, and looking for quals or WC spots in AO lead-ins 2014. AIS criteria (1994)- WTA top 359 (full), top 568 (partial). Next year- WTA 222, year after WTA 153. Has been on a WC in AIS program to-date so criteria benchmarks is where needs to be.