Tennis Forum banner

Sorana's sandbox tour on the clay - join for 2013!

14K views 255 replies 26 participants last post by  grs 
#1 · (Edited)
Marrakesh
Estoril
Madrid
Rome
French Open

Here is her chance to finally crack the Top 20.

#118 ·
I agree, but it's not everyday you get to play with Soler-Espinosa. Her slow starts and first sets, in general, are not comforting at all, and her saying that she's ready to pack her bags and head for the next tournament or home is not reassuring at all.

Said it before and I'll say it again: I love her, but she's just an underachiever.

#122 ·
I actually like her coach and he was always very supportive as far as I can remember when she was playing well.

She is 10k level at the moment, so he has his right to be upset.

Sorana wants girls to be treated fair, but she also has to show respect to her coach.

#125 ·
She's basically having a Bye to the QF, to be honest, actually even to the SF.
Come on, Torro-Flor can be dangerous on clay, Putintseva too.

I hope she makes it to the quaterfinals, but I have bad experiences with Romanians seeded in tournaments :)
Right, but not proud.

She deserved this loss so much, for not playing any tennis at all & for being a spoiled brat.

#126 ·
Shocking.

Our girls just can't lose gracefully.

Put a little bit of pressure on them and see them fold like a cheap tent.

Did she have a look at the draw? So much fail can't be put in words. Idiotic. :lol:

#129 ·
Sorana doesn't deserve any consolation or hugs after this shit. She is a grown up woman, but even my little brother is acting more mature.

She decided to enter Marrakesh. Well, if she is more interested in driving a Porsche, she should have entered Stuttgart.

The only man that is having my pity is her coach.

#133 ·
I don't really know, I didn't see it, but the scoreline is really bad and everyone is saying that she didn't look like she was trying. I'm not sure if she was just playing so bad it looked like she wasn't trying, or if she really wasn't trying for some reason. Also, apparently something happened with her coach.

#143 ·
My point exactly :)

Bartoli once banned her father from the stands, but he was being very vocal.

Ionita wasn't even that. I don't know, as if she was playing under hormones, annoyed by a few bad calls, annoyed by her coach, annoyed by her own game and her own stupidity in the end.
I must have missed that Bartoli match.

Poor Victor, having to deal with such a spoiled child. I'm pretty sure she'll say that she was ill today, like she often does when she loses. Time to grow up, Sorana! Out of all the Romanians in top 300 she is the most immature one. And I included Mitu and Ema Bogdan :)

#141 ·
Bartoli once banned her father from the stands, but he was being very vocal.

Ionita wasn't even that. I don't know, as if she was playing under hormones, annoyed by a few bad calls, annoyed by her coach, annoyed by her own game and her own stupidity in the end.

#146 ·
I don't like to say ugly words about a Romanian player, no matter what was the result, but now I can't help to not say that this girl is simply stupid. She's been wasting all the chances she's been given with no regrets at all.
The time is the most important resource Sorana and it passes quickly.

As about the incident with her coach, it's something normal if we remember that every time she misses a ball she throws angry words to him. This boy must be very patient and very in love with her, otherwise I don't imagine how he can stand such a treatment.
Sometimes I wonder if Octavian Bellu would be able to train Sorana :)

#147 ·
I don't like to say ugly words about a Romanian player, no matter what was the result, but now I can't help to not say that this girl is simply stupid. She's been wasting all the chances she's been given with no regrets at all.
The time is the most important resource Sorana and it passes quickly.

As about the incident with her coach, it's something normal if we remember that every time she misses a ball she throws angry words to him. This boy must be very patient and very in love with her, otherwise I don't imagine how he can stand such a treatment.
Sometimes I wonder if Octavian Bellu would be able to train Sorana :)

Are they having a romantic relationship? I figured it was just sex & coaching. In this particular order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.