PUSHERS donīt WIN slams!!!! - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 11:26 AM   #181
country flag Kiki4Ever

Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of
Re: PUSHERS donīt WIN slams!!!!

Radwanska isn't a pusher per se, but her game does not match well against 'big babe' tennis. Against aggressive, consistent players, she almost has to rely on her guile as well as errors from opponents in key moments in order to win matches, she beat Sharapova in Miami using the same tactic and Vika at AO
Kiki4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 11:33 AM   #182
country flag Kiki4Ever

Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of Kiki4Ever has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga Supreme View Post
It is simple!

The moment a "Pusher" does win a slam, they will not be labelled a "Pusher" anymore
Of course they can win a slam if the draw fell apart and is devoid of all the aggressive consistent players. But it's tough and rough for them to win a slam outright on their own account using their game style, period
Kiki4Ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 06:46 PM   #183
country flag LilMiss Britters

LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute LilMiss Britters has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1yer View Post
Yes Awkward is the word. - very ugly to watch.
I can't even...

Tying your faves in knots since 2005
LilMiss Britters is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 07:21 PM   #184
country flag vixter

vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute vixter has a reputation beyond repute

There are no pushers in Grand Slams whatsoever. Calling players like Radwanska and Wozniacki pushers only reflect poorly on one's understanding of tennis. To push the shot is to not really hit a full swing on it, and use a pushing action to get the ball back in play. No players in top 100 play like this as their general game, but all players will push certain shots now and then as part of their defense.

Tennis-fan since 2001 Serena-fan since 2001
Don't hate the player hate the game. I dislike noone. Not even Sharapova.
vixter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 09:51 PM   #185
country flag Shifty-Eyed Dog
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLEFIST View Post
I don't know why anyone calls ARad a pusher. She's clearly NOT that. Woz' is a pusher. ARad is faaar from a pusher. There are other ways to win a tennis match between Woz's pushing and the Power Game. ARad has variety and and guile. In many ways she has more variety than Hingis did. She makes the most with what she's got and does it a variety of ways.
ARad is a pusher, but a finesse pusher, different breed. Wozniacki is the consummate pusher, but the consummate pusher just doesn't cut it nowadays, too one-dimensional. If ARad were the same she wouldn't be in the top ten, but she makes up for it with plenty of cunning and variety. The perfect player has power AND plenty of variety, but that is rare, and it's, in a nutshell, why Serena is by far the best in the game right now.
Shifty-Eyed Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 10:05 PM   #186
country flag Shifty-Eyed Dog
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future Shifty-Eyed Dog has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Chris Evert was not a Barbie doll and she certainly was not a pusher.
Chris Evert was definitely a pusher, the most successful one in tennis history.
Shifty-Eyed Dog is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23rd, 2014, 10:15 PM   #187
country flag Sund7101

Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future

A pusher is a player that reacts to what his or her opponent is doing. They do not try to play offense and dictate play even when given the opportunity to do so. Radwanska plays too defensively at times, as she did yesterday, but has the ability to play offense by changing direction of the ball, coming to the net, hitting drop shots. However with that being said, she can still be hit off the court by harder hitters. Wozniacki I wouldn't call a pusher; I would call her a "reactor." She cannot play offensive tennis, except at times with her backhand. She cannot generate pace on her own off of her forehand side at all. She can't put away balls at the service line with that shot. She reacts to whatever her opponent is doing.

Chris Evert was not a pusher.

Pierce Seles Hingis Capriati Bartoli Davenport Kournikova Sugiyama Majoli Frazier
Sund7101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 12:25 AM   #188
country flag So Disrespectful

So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute So Disrespectful has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixter View Post
There are no pushers in Grand Slams whatsoever. Calling players like Radwanska and Wozniacki pushers only reflect poorly on one's understanding of tennis. To push the shot is to not really hit a full swing on it, and use a pushing action to get the ball back in play. No players in top 100 play like this as their general game, but all players will push certain shots now and then as part of their defense.
We use comparisons to define pushing. Obviously a WTA pusher isn't going to look like a pusher on a club court against a 12 year old. And in the same way Wozniacki gets called a pusher, that 12 year old who hits harder than everyone at her club is called an aggressive baseliner, despite being much weaker than Errani and Wozniacki.

Defining a professional pusher: It's when we look at the average power of groundstrokes, along with the ratio of winners to unforced errors and general defensive skills, and then compare that with other top caliber players. We can soon see if someone is eligible for this slightly demeaning classification.

Note also, the term can be interchanged with other less insulting alternatives such as 'defensive player', but we all know what someone really means when they use pusher and it's not 'club level player'.

Casey Dellacqua, Jelena Jankovic, Anna-Lena Groenefeld,
Jelena Dokic, Mirjana Lucic, Paula Ormaechea, Sloane Stephens
Jarmila Gajdosova, Melanie Oudin, Kaia Kanepi, Alison Riske
So Disrespectful is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 12:28 AM   #189
country flag malarkist

malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute malarkist has a reputation beyond repute

poor aga. nightmares 2014
malarkist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 12:30 AM   #190
country flag Tennisation

Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute Tennisation has a reputation beyond repute

They do on the men's tour
Tennisation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 12:32 AM   #191
tennnisfannn

tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute tennnisfannn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisation View Post
They do on the men's tour
By our TF definition, both Murray and Nadal are pushers.
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 12:37 AM   #192
country flag H.O.V

H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold H.O.V is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennnisfannn View Post
By our TF definition, both Murray and Nadal are pushers.
Murray is a world class pusher. Nadal's greatness trumps his pushing
H.O.V is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 03:54 AM   #193
country flag kangwoo
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all kangwoo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post
I'm afraid this will always happen to Aga. At the end of a slam, she will always run into an aggressive, better player. Whether it is Serena, Vika, Maria, Sabine, Petra, Na... The list goes on.
trashed by Cibulkova 6-1, 6-2 in 70 minutes

KVITOVA
WIMBLEDON , YEC 2011 CHAMPION

AZARENKA
AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2012 & 2013 CHAMPION
kangwoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote