Tennis Forum banner

Aussie Season of FUN 2013

17K views 204 replies 29 participants last post by  fANAtic 
#1 ·
Chat away..

Hopman Cup
AO

#10 ·
Didn't see the match but 0 and 4 against Francesca sounds pretty decent. Some reports suggest otherwise, which could only mean that Francesca was quite bad... Anyway, not sure at this stage, but it was a win nonetheless.

Happy New Year everyone! Off to sleep I go, for the first time in 2013...

#11 ·
It's a nice start. Even amazing if we have in mind that she started with a 6-0 set won. :) Look how Stosur, Wozniacki, Kuznetsova and Cibulkova started badly, Venus and Kerber were struggling. Ana did a nice job and I believe this is her first step to new amazing season, 2013. Will be the best since 2008. :)

#14 ·
Look, I normally don't like to be negative, but I can't see things changing this year. The first top player she meets, maybe even Venus this week, will eat those serves and weak ground strokes. She does seem relaxed and in a positive frame of mind, so maybe she build some better form into the season. For that to happen, a lot of things need to go right so that she can carry her confidence through.

I can't see her breaking back into the top 10 for now though. I hope to death that I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

#15 ·
I agree.. also, top players will make sure she hits 100% more BHs.. and Ana's BH is abysmal.. she cant stand any ground with it whatsoever.

Ana would need to raise her level incredibly to have any shot against a top player. Considering she will be seeded 13 at AO, cant expect much..

#18 ·
Not yet. If Australia beats Italy and Serbia loses to Germany, I believe Australia would get in because they would have won more matches. Right now, Both Serbia and Australia have won four matches overall. Serbia controls their own destiny, though. Beat Germany, which they should do, and they're in.

#21 ·
Some people are already rumoring what's going to happen when Ana and Verdasco serve to each other in doubles... :) I say just win Ana, just win and take the title! :)

#27 ·
It's good Ana's won all her matches in singles so far. That will give her lots of confidence hopefully even if none of her opponents are exactly worldbeaters at the moment.

#29 ·
Well done Ana!

Tomorrow against AMG should be a better test... hopefully Ana is focused and ready!

#30 ·
Or maybe she's so comfortable at this level she'll get a shock when she faces a really form opponent and gets nervous and loses :tears:.

Nope...that won't happen :p.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.