Multi sports thread - Page 68 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 11th, 2014, 08:30 PM   #1006
country flag Yksi

Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold
Re: Multi sports thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Anyway, golf majors are over for about 8 months.
Ryder Cup is coming in about 6 weeks, and although not a major it's one of the most important golf tournaments (and the only one I always watch).
Yksi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 12th, 2014, 12:17 PM   #1007
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yksi View Post
Ryder Cup is coming in about 6 weeks, and although not a major it's one of the most important golf tournaments (and the only one I always watch).
Yep. Me too. And I'll be rooting for all the Europeans and that will include Rory.

I'm not great about Rory now (although ending the relationship was the right thing for him to do). We all have different views on how we feel about him but we are all Caro fans and you just can't have a ban on him being mentioned in the Multi sports thread which is only a side-show thread. He is the #1 golfer with 2 recent majors so you can't really talk about golf at all if you don't mention him.

I'm sure no-one here means it as being disrespectful to Caro and although Caro has moved on and quite right doesn't want to talk about him in public - I'm sure she wouldn't see it as disrespectful to her or be offended by anyone who was a fan but who also really enjoyed watching Rory playing golf.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2014, 03:57 AM   #1008
country flag JonJoShelvey

JonJoShelvey is a glorious beacon of light JonJoShelvey is a glorious beacon of light JonJoShelvey is a glorious beacon of light JonJoShelvey is a glorious beacon of light JonJoShelvey is a glorious beacon of light JonJoShelvey is a glorious beacon of light JonJoShelvey is a glorious beacon of light JonJoShelvey is a glorious beacon of light JonJoShelvey is a glorious beacon of light JonJoShelvey is a glorious beacon of light JonJoShelvey is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
oh as if you care how she feels, you just came here to cheer on Rory, but this is not place to do it, so buy
This was the only place I saw on Tennis Forum discussing the PGA Championship. I like Caroline and wish her the best but I like Rory too. I've made some posts about Wozniacki in "General Messages" and I'll probably make some here too if you'd give me a chance.
JonJoShelvey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2014, 12:55 AM   #1009
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Awful choke by Murray. He's such a mental midget during this comeback.

At least Espn 2 should show Sharapova/Halep now.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2014, 01:04 AM   #1010
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Espn 2 would rather show a Fed interview than the Sharapova/Halep match.

It's so annoying how Espn 2 and Tennis Channel like to show interviews when live tennis is going on.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2014, 10:44 PM   #1011
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
On hard court, no Nadal, no Djokovic, no Murray, not even Berdych in his path and Roger still can't win a masters 1000 title. Sigh. He also had a pigeon in the final (11-4 overall and 10-3 from 2010 on) who only got in 50% of his 1st serves.

Probably the most annoying thing about this match was that Fed couldn't even get one break point on Tsonga's serve despite the low 1st serve %.

He's now 2-5 in finals this year (0-4 in masters 1000 series finals or greater).

It kind of seems to me that his masters 1000 winning days are over along with his grand slam winning days.
Not quite!
(Federer beat Ferrer in 3 sets to win Cincinatti)
Old Aug 17th, 2014, 11:01 PM   #1012
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Not quite!
(Federer beat Ferrer in 3 sets to win Cincinatti)
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2014, 01:15 PM   #1013
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal out of US Open.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote