Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Tags
#sluts gif
465K views 5K replies 158 participants last post by  miffedmax 
#1 · (Edited)
Since the old thread has gone over the 5,000 post limit, I figure that it needs to be replaced by a shiny new one. So here it is.

Achievements Pre-injury:
  • Olympic mixed doubles silver medal (w/ Andy Murray)
  • Singles semi final - Palermo 2012
  • Grand Slam 4th round - US Open 2012, Wimbledon 2013
  • Defeated Kim Clijsters in her final singles match
  • Singles Final - Guangzhou 2012
  • WTA Newcomer of the year 2012

Achievements - Post Comeback:
  • Singles Championship: ITF 25,000 Landisville
  • Doubles Championship: ITF 25,000 Landisville (W/ Freya Christie)
  • Qualifier US Open 2016

#3,987 ·
Bonaventure/Kania is very beatable. Ranking doesn't means alot in these itfs doubles. Krajicek/Sanchez should've been number 1 seed last week.

Laura unlucky ended up in this killer section. If she can get through this quarter , I will be satisfied.

#3,989 ·
That was then, but I still think her game is a bad match up for Laura

Jaksic is so random , can be good.bad and Royg is going to keep alot of balls in play.

Mertens in good form, Solovyeva is focusing on her singles now.

Besides the Minella section of the draw. The other 2 sections, I see Laura going through them much easier.
Van Uytvanck is injured and Townsend is out of shape again on hardcourt.

#3,992 ·
Should be easy win in doubles. Both her opponents sucks at doubles, especially the German.

#3,994 ·
She won 7-5 7-6(7) Tough match, very streaky ups and down, but she would've lost in 3sets 2months ago. Good win and back on track.

I think she can beat Cepede or Jaskic handily. This is just my assumption on their playing styles, who knows what happen on the day of the match :p

Reactions: Mr.Sparkle
#3,999 ·
Excellent win today and seemed to battle really well after losing serve at a couple of crucial stages. Let's hope for a good run to end of season.

A bit of a stretch but it would be good to see Jo & Laura as GB 1 & 2 by the end of the 2017 season but that would probably need a few ITF wins and some progress at WTA level events plus a couple of rounds in the slams. Oz & Wimbledon will surely give Laura entry?

#4,000 ·
She'll get some wildcards at events associated with IMG, they, thankfully, have no shame doing that for their players. Just needs a good draw and a few wins now when she gets these cards. She could soon shoot up the rankings.

Just playing at the level of the last few months will mean she'll comfortably be top 200 soon, unless there's another injury a Wimbledon WC will be definite, but honestly, she should be looking a bit higher than that.

#4,007 ·
Yeah she has a great chance here this week to get back into the Top 200. Maybe the 190s or 180s.

She has a $25K in Redding to gain some additional points too. I think she could be ending her season in Redding, so going deep this week will certainly help.

Although there is a $50K in Macon after Redding, waiting for the entry list though.

#4,010 ·
It all depends on what she thinks is best I guess, she could already have a time limit on her season that we aren't aware of yet. Hopefully she'll want to carry on playing so she can put herself into a good position ranking wise next season.

#4,011 ·
She's on the entry lists for both 50k Saguenay(Canada) and 25k Florence(USA), with Florence being her first choice. However, I think she still might go with Saguenay. She has already made the MD on the entry list, so I think probably the better one to go for, even though it could mean travelling backwards and forwards between Canada and the US.

#4,012 ·
$50K Las Vegas R2: Loses to Jaksic 6-7(5) 6-2 4-6

She had so many opportunities to get this win. Especially in the third set, after being down 2-4, she got the break back for 4-3 and held comfortably for 4-4, had numerous break points for 5-4 which could have given her the match. But failed to take her chances and handed it to Jaksic. She had a horrible BP conversion 5/18.

#4,013 ·
:(

So frustrating. She was really close. Laura had BPs at 4-4* third set, couldn't convert. And then of course Jaksic breaks her in the following game to win.

Laura won more points in the match, broke more times, still lost. :eek: Jovana's aces helped her out. Laura's DFs cost her at crucial times in the first and third sets, contributed to her dropping serve. She didn't DF in the second set.

#4,016 ·
Eugh, there was an upset bug today in Las Vegas.
/8 favourites lost their matches today.

It seems this court favors ball bashers , explains how Maria Sanchez and Jaksic can win maches.

I don't know how Laura lost this. Rather disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.