Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Return Winner: The Laura Robson support thread.

Tags
#sluts gif
465K views 5K replies 158 participants last post by  miffedmax 
#1 · (Edited)
Since the old thread has gone over the 5,000 post limit, I figure that it needs to be replaced by a shiny new one. So here it is.

Achievements Pre-injury:
  • Olympic mixed doubles silver medal (w/ Andy Murray)
  • Singles semi final - Palermo 2012
  • Grand Slam 4th round - US Open 2012, Wimbledon 2013
  • Defeated Kim Clijsters in her final singles match
  • Singles Final - Guangzhou 2012
  • WTA Newcomer of the year 2012

Achievements - Post Comeback:
  • Singles Championship: ITF 25,000 Landisville
  • Doubles Championship: ITF 25,000 Landisville (W/ Freya Christie)
  • Qualifier US Open 2016

#3,903 ·
... because Laura is the heir to ten thousand fertile acres of land in Dumfriesshire...
That's Peeblesshire (not a proper county any longer), and as you can see is quite clearly a different Laura Robson: http://www.discovertheborders.co.uk/ridings-tartan.html. (I've no reason to think she's an heiress, either.)

I wonder what happened to Laura Robson the Lass. She fell out of my Google alerts feed half a decade go.

#3,908 ·
Poor Julia. Will she do better than the double bagel Laura dished out last month in the Landisville final?
I think she will..she will probably get a few games this time. However, unless something goes seriously wrong, I can't see her actually beating Laura.

Laura's not in the doubles this week. :sad: But maybe she only wants to play doubles with Freya, who is not at this event.

#3,912 ·
Gonzalez next round , tough match.

#3,918 ·
R2: Def. [6]Gonzalez 5-7 6-0 6-4

Really should have been 6-0 6-1. Once Laura worked Gonzalez out, she went on a roll and was 5-7 6-0 5-1 up. Got a little tight and let it go to 5-4. She's showing great mental fortitude though, she's actually thinking when things aren't working out. At the beginning of the season, that wasn't the case.

Landisville did wonders for her. She's completely transformed. Good luck in the QF. :cheer:

#3,926 ·
GREAT JOB GOOD COME BACK :hearts:

Oudin is not what she used to be, Laura should win this

#3,931 ·
Whenever Laura tweets she's watching a TV show, she always gets replies from people asking if she's still playing tennis or she needs to be training. Casual tennis fans are so ignorant sometimes.
I know! Some people seem to think that Wimbledon or the Grand Slams are the only tennis events of the year...

I also hate when people think you should be able to just stroll up and win an event like Wimbledon... Even at challenger level the competition is fierce, they have no idea.... :eek:

#3,936 ·
Loses to Oudin 4-6 0-6

First set looked like it had some potential for a comeback from Laura but she just lost it completely in that second set.

Just a bad day at the office, annoying after such a good match against Gonzalez.

#3,937 ·
Lost to Oudin 6-4, 6-0...

Serve seemed a bit of a letdown...10 DFs.. She also managed to get many games to deuce in the second set but lost them all.

On the positive, she can evaluate what happened and better prepare herself for Albuquerque, where she could potentially pick up a lot of points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.