Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anett Kontaveit

431K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  chingching 
#1 ·
Anett Kontaveit is 14 years old tennis player. She won Estonian national championships in 2009. Could she be new star for Estonia in future? Atleast there is hope for that. This thread is for her. So let`s share Anett`s tennis results and talk about her tennis.

#3,106 ·
OMG :sobbing: I knew she could win, I just knew :inlove: Hopefully this gives her a massive confidence boost :) Top 150 and hopefully a WTA QF :cheer: Anett vs Kaia Final :oh: Good day for Estonians and either Kenneth or Whitt :D If she played off the ground like she did then consistently, for sure would be Top 70 :) Her Groundstrokes are easily Top 50 :) I just wasn't too worried by her Qualifying :lol: Glad she played here :) Earn the average Estonian wage in a week like you did at Wimbledon :lol:

#3,111 ·
The repercussions of this are insane :lol: I don't want to get ahead of myself but of course I will :oh: but Anett now plays Cepelova, then the winner of Pfizenmaier and Putintseva, and then the winner of Beck, Arruabarrena, Siegemund and Scheepers for a spot in the Final :lol: At least she gets Top 150 and potential Vancouver seeding :D

#3,122 ·
She speaks in a rather unusual way for an Estonian. She sounds kinda like Vekic :lol: Whenever she's in America she also sounds American :lol: I just remember her Fed Cup interviews in 2011 and I just knew instantly that she was Estonian :haha:

Estonians actually went 3-0 Yesterday in Båstad :eek: :lol:

:D :D A photo of Anett has put as a cover photo for the Facebook page of the Bastad tournament... :lol: :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/swedishopen
Who wouldn't want her ;)

I knew she would :inlove:
Dumped on Court 1 though :oh: :lol:

When Anett is Number 1 I officially when WTA Fan Favourite award :oh:

#3,127 ·
Seeing Anett on the WTA website just reminds me of how long I have been a fan :inlove: I still remember like it was yesterday when she beat Dana Ihsanova 6-0 6-2 and I knew she'd be something. Then she won Tallinn 10K. Then Fed Cup, Asian Juniors, that random 10K Sweden loss :lol: doing well vs Vuvurenka at Fed Cup, Roland Garros Juniors, Almere 10K, Wimby R3, playing those Finnish tournaments with Dinah Pfizenmaier, winning Savitaipale, US Open Junior loss to Vickery after losing to AK Schmiedlova, average results including a win against Becca in 10K Sweden, qualifying for that 25K where Chris gave the 1st report on her ever... Helsinki and then Eddie Herr + Orange Bowl :cheer: What a year that was and what this now is :cheer: :sobbing: Such happy thoughts, she deserves it :) Hopefully Kaia will cheer for her :oh:

Oh and of course I remember when she qualified for 10K Savitaipale in her 1st ever Pro Event, and lost to Syna Kayser :D

Kəv.;46134393 said:
Wow Anett!! Proved me wrong there :D
Wow this is great for her, and now she gets to play another Serena beater :oh: great draw now, please take advantage :)

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Does Lefande have anything to say :haha: I will of course be watching tonight's match :oh:

#3,132 ·
Well she lost 4 & 3. :sad: :hug: It's a shame because she was up a break in set 1 (*3-1 up) and a double break in set 2 (*3-0 up), only to lose the match 4 & 3. :sobbing: In set 2 she basically lost 6 games in a row. :help:

She seems like a truely nice girl and is fun to watch, but from I've seen of her it seems to me that all she can do is bash the ball whatever the circunstances are, with no plan B whatsoever. And there are lots of girls out there who can bash the ball about as well, if better. :shrug: She needs to work on developping a more versatile game. She's been totally outsmarted by Cepelova. :help:

#3,135 ·
She was too fatigued to play Cepelova's pushing style. In addition her aggressive play was working for most of the match, it's just she went into slumps. Her game plan isn't the reason she lost, it's because she just completely lost her concentration after being winning.

I think that is the worst I have ever seen her play and it is sad she had to lose to a play she could have destroyed :sobbing: Hopefully she does better in Vancouver :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.