Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anett Kontaveit

431K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  chingching 
#1 ·
Anett Kontaveit is 14 years old tennis player. She won Estonian national championships in 2009. Could she be new star for Estonia in future? Atleast there is hope for that. This thread is for her. So let`s share Anett`s tennis results and talk about her tennis.

#1,280 · (Edited)
How exciting :D
Although, it might just be more hype :(
What will happen o her schooling :(
Also, that picture is becoming my new Avatar :D
I was going to make it ages ago but I shall now :yeah:

So Yoshkar-Ola was creepy :lol:
I can't believe her parents let her keep all her money :eek:

Anett could break the Top 400 by just losing 1st Round here as there are 10 people that are on 92 or 93 points :D

If she loses Rnd 2 of qualies, she gets the same as making 2nd Round of a 25K :)tape:) and will go up to around 390.

If she loses in FQR she will get 12 Points (less that QF of a 25K :facepalm: This is a PREMIER tournament!!!! :lol:) and that will put her up to around 380.

If she manages to Qualify, she will gain 20 Points (+ 1 Point from losing Rnd 1 in MD) and will go up to around 365 :)

If Anett somehow manages to win a round, she will gain 90 Points, which will put her ranking up to around 300 :D

Let's hope this extra training will have done some great things for her consitency and confidence and that she can pick up here where she left off in Copenhagen. She seems to be working her way back up now :)

#1,288 ·
Anett :armed:
Do what you did in Copenhagen and bring your best :D
You only lost to Kichenok because it was a shit-hole in the back of no where, bring your best :yeah:
Russia must be trying to reach out to the Baltic States they abused for half a century :oh:
I would love to see Anett vs Sesil :D
I think she has a better shot at qualifying then she did in Copenhagen :)

#1,293 ·
Says she will play Minsk and Helsinki, then stays at home for a couple of weeks and then off to Thailand to prepare for the next season. Also mentioned that before AO she might play a tournament in NZL starting at the very end of Dec or so. Does she mean Auckland WTA?

AO is going to be important for her, because that might be the last junior tournament. She wants to win of course after already having 2 semis and a final, but on the other hand she doesn't want to put too much pressure on herself.

Says she has had to turn down some local sponsorship (advertising) agreements due to lack of time. :eek:

#1,291 ·
She hasn't probably recovered from the intensive trainings, needs to get used to it. Don't really get the logic behind playing here anyway, I mean - losing early in a weak 25k - what to do next? Yes, let's play a 600k :confused:

Oh well, it can be counted as 'experience' I guess.

#1,292 ·
This was actually not that difficult though, which is what's disappointing :(
Hopefully she does better in Minsk and Helsinki :(
2 losses in a row to the lesser Kichenok :sobbing:
The thing that I don't get is that sevdid better in Yoshkar-Ola, even if she is tired from this training :(
Anyway, next tournament :)
I think that they should have started intense training after Moscow :(
I reall thought that he could qualify here after her training block :sad:

#1,298 ·
Yeah. Unfortunately I cannot copy and paste it as this time I read it through a lousy Android app on a tablet. For those free 5 minutes I have also used Print screen in the past to quickly paste and save as images and then read later :lol:

#1,305 · (Edited)
It was very strong a few years ago, so Anett will only be in Qualies I presume :(

BTW, the girl who beat Anett in Beijing, Yuxuan Zhang, just ebat Kai-Chen Chang and is one win away from getting an Australian Open WC. She also made QF at 100K Suzhou beating SaiSai Zheng. Maybe she isn't that bad :oh: She has been so GOAT since beating Anett, like every other player who has ever beaten her :angel:

EDIT: Yuxuan beat Qiang Wang 4 and 2 to make Australian Open MD :D
She is very very good as you will be able to see in the recorded stream . Huge serve and very consistent. I am not surprised she beat Anett :lol:

#1,312 ·
Anett listed as the next Kournikova :lol:
http://wtaangels.blogspot.com.au/search/label/Kontaveit

BTW, Anett would have easily made Minsk Qualies so maybe she is injured :scared:
She has no intent tit seems to withdraw from helsinki :shrug:
I hope she doesn't go to America again. There is no point in her playing any Juniors anymore except Grand Slams but to only focus on Pros and maybe get a higher seeding from her Pro Ranking :shrug:
Anyway, she is obviously still playing as she is searching for that slam and I will be going to Melbourne and will get to see her :D
I still think that she should be doing a Vekic though and solely playing Seniors :shrug: It means she can develop more and puts less pressure on IMO :shrug:

#1,313 ·
Anett in Top 400 for the First Time, at Number 400 :cheer:
She will lose that this week though :lol:
Anyway, she is not on teh EL for Orange Bowl (she would have been 2nd Seed after Siniakova) but is now headed by Siniakova and Uberalova :oh: It is like a Journeygirls fest :lol: I wonder who'll win :D Maybe Tatja, who's on the list :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.