Tennis Forum banner

The SS Dementieva, New Horizons

101K views 1K replies 32 participants last post by  Mathijs 
#1 ·
Welcome to The new SS Dementieva thread, her new role and her new adventures.
Lena is still very much with us and always will be, playing or otherwise, she needs her fans now as much as ever as she undertakes a new chapter in her life.
One day, we may also be needed in action again too, but until then, heres where Lenas dedicated band of followers can come home to, as does the wonderful Lena herself.

Crew, please take up your positions.
Lenas going to be a busy girl in the comming months, so will we..

Refits will start shortly.

#1,154 ·
Too late.. but i guess it did go well... H

#1,148 ·
Does Elena have any picks for the upcoming baseball season? My memory is a little hazy on this, but I thought that she did a promo spot at one of the stadiums once. Whatever the case, it's nice that the BGO chose her husband from one of the sports where steroids aren't such a fundamental part of the landscape:eek:

#1,152 ·
She's a rather lovely tall blonde, aged 22, with Danish parents. She grew up in the US but maintains dual citizenship, and she insists that she visits Denmark a lot and feels a strong bond there even though she currently plays under the US flag.

She won the big juniors Orange Bowl title at 17 and, like many gals, is using injuries as an excuse for why she hasn't done better as a pro. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and overlook her choice of flags cuz she seems to be fairly pleasant and, as you've seen, has the ideal role model in the BGO

#1,153 · (Edited)
Just checking by.. be back soon again... finally computer problem inside wheelhouse and thus connecting to the bridge has been fixed... Nearly took 7 months.. but found the prob.. Lena had been damaging i think for fun one of the main cables causing troubles.. Better take a watch in here then before it happens again.. ;) Basck on duty it is then.. Where's the navigator when you need him don't have clue what our position currently is..

Well bruce i dunno who she is either but indeed like Capt said she's granted one anyways ;)

Oh and happy easter everyone, enjoy searching for the eastereggs.. but watch for Lena she's in one of that modes again aka the hulk one.. wouldn't want to be near her right now.. Have heard her growling lower decks already.. :scared: :bolt:

#1,155 ·
Nice to have you back, Mat:). I haven't seen her overall form, so I can't say whether she's the scrawny, malnourished variety or a tall SHAPELY blonde like our BGO, but Miss Boserup certainly has a lovely face and she seems to have at least a half-decent head on her shoulders, judging by her choice of Elena:angel: as role model.

I realize that Elena has inflicted pain on many crewhands before...and maybe it's easy for ME to say since I don't have one of those ship-maintenance positions who might draw one of her complaints;)...but isn't she well worth the trouble after all? Would you rather be on the SS Allaster and get assigned to armpit-hair grooming duty:p? Or maybe you'd like to perform masseuse duty on the SS Kuznetsova:p...or be the ship's biographer on the SS Stosur and take hours and hours of notes from Samantha's exciting, charismatic interviews:zzz::zzz::zzz:......Yes, all in all, I'd say that we chose well in deciding to serve Elena:hearts:;)

#1,156 ·
Yes i am back... :) not only the pc problem has been fixed but a period of dark days has been gone by now too... there will be dark and scary periods and i have to live with that although not easy... for further info see ana's thread, won't flood it here...

Now i know why Lena was in such a growly mode... There's build a extra fine on delivery bedroom for Lena and Veronika... This asks for extra duties on board and tighter security matters...

#1,157 ·
a period of dark days has been gone by now too... there will be dark and scary periods and i have to live with that although not easy

This +asks+ for extra duties on board and tighter security +matters+...
:hug:Most of us can empathize, from personal experience, with the dark days you mention, and we hope that you have bright days ahead

You'll note the plus signs that I used to mark your post above; I realize that you've come to expect superior grammar from Brits(as opposed to junk-talking North Americans or, even worse, Aussies:lol:), but you have to remember that our dear Ross has Sea Captain-caliber grammar, so you shouldn't copy EVERYthing you read:p

You should say, "this CALLS for extra duties...", and,"...tighter security MEASURES".....I recall Mikey volunteering for all of the dirty diaper changing duties for Elena:p

#1,158 ·
Dude, I haven't been around for months and you're still talking about me? :lol:

#1,160 ·
It seems so! :lol: but i am heading towards my cabin now.. see ya.. Good night :)

#1,159 ·
Thx for those kind words... my life's been up and down alot but i am now in a more calm period

Haha.. i know Bruce i see it now too.. i guess that's also the ss dementieva talk i'm used to.. the main thing is that you understand me ;) but you also must know that i write these messages when i'm running out of time.. ;) its not really something that i think about but will think about the next time.. haha ;)

#1,162 ·
Mikey made a cameo, but imagine if our hidalguense bartender:hearts: came back,too. It'll be a LONG, long time before Veronika is ready to imbibe alcohol, and Elena must provide her motherly nourishment for a while...but it hasn't quite been the same w/o Ana here(sigh...)

#1,165 ·
Good to be back :)
Seems like I'll stick around this time ;-)

#1,166 ·
Indeed! Me too... Seems like old times around here :)

#1,168 ·
There will be no Afinogenova, just the SS Dementieva II.

Good to see all the crew around these parts.

Now, the nursery and schoolrooms, I am sure they are here somewhere, lets check the plans.. ahh...deck 11 forward I think, starboard side.

#1,171 ·
There will be no Afinogenova, just the SS Dementieva II
Can recall back in 2010 when some of us first imagined the daughters of Elena and you forbade discussion of there ever being an SSD II, so I'm quite pleased with your newfound resolution:)

The WTA webpage JUST now decided:rolleyes: to congratulate the charming Tsarist Love Couple. I guess they ran out of excuse-making pieces to explain why their mega-hyped Bouchard hasn't won a title yet;). Whatever the case may be, I'm glad that they finally recognized Elena:angel: and the happy family:cool:

#1,169 ·
I have done my time changing diapers. ;)

I might help with the bottles, though.

#1,172 ·
This is the Captain Speaking to all decks....

I would like to have a few minutes silence in memory of Elena Baltacha who died this Sunday.
Such a sad thing to happen to a vibrant and talented young woman at the age of 30.

Elena Baltacha
gone but not forgotten......................

#1,173 ·
Full day of silence, now that's what I call showing respects :)

#1,178 ·
Well, Cap'n, the question of the week(that is, besides, "How many times will Elena smack Mikey until his lip gets split?") is, 'How do we get to RG?' I've been told that flight by the SSD is out of the question, barring alien scientific innovation, so how exactly is Lena gonna watch the French Abierto this year?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.