Tennis Forum banner

US Open Series 2013 | Trashing continues... Disrespectful from Daniela.

12K views 119 replies 23 participants last post by  medved 
#1 · (Edited)

New Haven 2013​

SINGLES WC
R1: Simona Halep (ROM) 2-6 1-6

DOUBLES [WC] with Martina Hingis (SUI)
R1: Black/King (ZIM/USA) 3-6 1-6

CINCINNATI 2013​

SINGLES
R1: [Q] Andrea Petkovic (GER) 6-2 4-6 1-6

DOUBLES [WC] with Martina Hingis (SUI)
R1: Medina Garrigues/Penneta (ESP/ITA) 4-6 6-4 10-5
R2: [1] Errani/Vinci (ITA) 4-6 4-6

TORONTO 2013​

DOUBLES WC with Martina Hingis (SUI)
R1: [WC] Kerber/Kvitova (GER/CZE) 6-4 6-2
R2: [7] Goerges/Zahlavova-Strycova (GER/CZE) 4-6 2-6

CARLSBAD 2013​

SINGLES
1R: Tamira paszek (AUT) 6-0 6-0
2R: [2] Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 3-6 3-6

DOUBLES WC with Martina Hingis (SUI)
1R: Goerges/Jurak (GER/HUN) 6-1 6-1
QF: [3] Kops-Jones/Spears (USA) 6-3 5-7 3-10 2 MPs lost

STANFORD 2013​

SINGLES
1R: Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) 6-2 4-6 6-0
2R: [7]Urszula Radwanska (POL) 6-7 6-7

DOUBLES with Lisa Reymond (USA) [3]
R2: Burdette/Cirstea (USA/ROM) 2-6 6-3 10-8
QF: Muhammed/Will (USA) 6-3 5-7 14-12
SF: [1] Kops-Jones/Spears (USA) 5-7 2-6

See less See more
#85 ·
Re: US Open Series 2013 | Off to Cincinnati

Doubles is definitely dragging her singles down. Not liking it.
i tend to agree. Matina's made alot of comments about how she's gonna see how she results in the doubles before she'll think about making a comeback in the singles, so that puts alot of pressure on daniela i think, cause obviously everyone wants to see martina back in singles and although yes it would be great for them to be a regular team, i dont want danielas focus to pull from singles

Reactions: DiscoStick
#89 ·
Re: US Open Series 2013 | Facing [Q] Petkovic on R1 of Cincinnati

The worst possible Q and of course it's placed on Daniela! :lol:
No mercy and no luck at all. But definitely a nice match up to head for US Open.
Doubles victory against Medina and Pennetta. People say it was a come back.... I guess Martina's serves are too weak and Daniela isn't that active on net, that's why they lose sets...

#93 ·
Re: US Open Series 2013 | Facing [Q] Petkovic on R1 of Cincinnati

she cant seem to keep it up for more than a set and a half.. come on dani!!! :(((
onto new haven, does she drop out of the 40's now

#94 ·
Re: US Open Series 2013 | Lost R1 to [Q] Petkovic in Cincinnati. Doubles going on.

Bad tactics once more from Daniela.
You can't let the 2nd set to slip away from your hands when you're 1-0 up. Her singles is just a mess. Hantuchova shows up in singles only for 1-2 tournament during a season. It's time to think about retiring.

#95 ·
Re: US Open Series 2013 | Lost R1 to [Q] Petkovic in Cincinnati. Doubles going on.

Another WC in New Haven...she's wasting too much WCs...hoping this will give a even just 2 wins in a row please! :mad:

#102 ·

Get to see Daniela live in New Haven and The US Open. SO excited.
Ive been in new york for 2 years now and couldnt go to the US open last year, but am this year!! so excited too!!

#99 ·

Dani, Dani, Dani..
Winning Birmingham was such an amazing proof of your fighting spirit and your will to still be a force to be reckon with in the circuit, and after that you are just any other player in the top 100 :(
At this point, I would be happy with a win. Any kind of win!

#106 ·

Hi Daniela-is-mine, thanks for your updates. This is very depressing. From the livescores Daniela seemed to start off well but didn't take 3 bps opportunities late on..then once Halep broke Daniela capitulated.

In your opinion watching the match, was Daniela showing frustration at the match? Did she seem to care much? Do you feel Daniela looks as though she will hang her racket up after US Open for singles? I really hope not but it's very sad to see her lose this way. Thanks for your opinion, it's horrible to just sit and watch the livescores..

#108 ·

This is more than pathetic now. On the one side, I feel really sorry for her. Trashing "yourself" here and there and make others laughing on you it's a very hard thing, specially when you do that for couple of $$$ (when you've already some millions on banks). On the other side, I believe she deserves this... Why on hell she doesn't call it to an end and trashing whatever remains from her glory/name or her few fans... It's not right neither for her nor for the 4-5 loyal people left (and all on this forum).

Despite the way Halep played, it's totally unaccepted to lose 2 and 1, specially when she had almost 5 days to recover and reconsider herself for the singles (and doubles), while Halep was still playing in Cinci.

#109 ·
Re: US Open Series 2013 | Trashing herself in New Haven. Disrespectful from Daniela.

I feel like she wanted it. But knew she wasn't getting herself going and the intensity wasn't getting going. So just did the best she could an threw in her first shit match of the summer. Didn't get out played or play the match poorly, just didn't play well. Simona was fantastic though. .

#110 ·
Re: US Open Series 2013 | Trashing herself in New Haven. Disrespectful from Daniela.

No matter how Halep played (and she's in a superb form, that's true), a result like this is unacceptable against her. Anyway, unless she plays against the number 500 in the USOpen, I feel we're gonna have another 1st round exit :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.