Tennis Forum banner

Bogdan Elena

83K views 1K replies 55 participants last post by  Andiyan 
#1 · (Edited)
Sixteen year-old Elena is at a career high ranking right now in juniors of #15 but keeps rising.

She won a GA in Brazil in March, beating Chala, Konta, and then Jovanovski in the final and then took some time off (possibly for school?) before returning last week at a G1 in Italy losing easily to Burnette.

Hopefully she is back in form this week at the Italian Open, another GA.

GA Italian Open 1R: [5] Elena Bogdan d. [WC] Claudia Giovine 6-4 6-2

Good start over a wild card, hope she is ready to go now because the real tournament starts. Nadia Lalami awaits her in the second round, haide Elena! :D

#535 ·
Close enough. Elena settled for breadsticks. :rolls: She won 6-1 6-1, probably one of the most random results ever! She must have dealt with the altitude really well. :)
Hopefully this is a sign for better things to come! :) I enjoyed her junior final against Halep back in the day.

#541 ·
:eek:

Okay, either of two things:

1. Tereza's results has been suspect lately. Either she's carrying an injury or...

2. Elena decided to give a damn and play!

I'd like to think the latter! We'll see based on how she plays Toljan.

#543 ·
First consecutive wins since AUGUST 2012. I didn't realize it was that bad. :eek:

Battle of the Bogdans next. Elena has been far superior throughout their career but Ana has been a lot better this year (granted she's played mainly 10Ks). Should be interesting.

#548 ·
First consecutive wins since AUGUST 2012. I didn't realize it was that bad. :eek:
Yeah, she's been a mess. Not quite Chiara Scholl bad, but close. :tape:

[quoute]Battle of the Bogdans next. Elena has been far superior throughout their career but Ana has been a lot better this year (granted she's played mainly 10Ks). Should be interesting.[/quote]I think Ana's been battling injuries throughout her career, sadly. She's for once been consistently healthy, but has had to regain her form. Hope that she stays healthy!

Also interesting that these two have never played each other. I guess I'll give Elena the edge, as she's higher ranked and actually seems to care :eek:

#552 ·
P.S. What do you mean by the darkest night of it as a professional?
It's a metaphor. Obviously, Ema is going through some ugly tennis moment in her career right now. Her 2013 record until Bad Gastein was 2-11 and I think no one trusted her that she can make it in the main draw. I mean you would have expected her to enter WTA events in 2011, when she was beating players like Erakovic, Bertens, Mayr-Achleitner or Torro-Flor, not now.

But it's better late than never and I must say I like the way she encouraged herself from the middle of the second set :)

#563 ·
Losing a set to #725 who got destroyed 3 & 1 by Rosca in Timisoara this year and won a total of 5 games to an unranked 15 year old Italian last week.

She is so done.

And don't even get me started on her 'game'.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.