Madrid R3: [16] Ana Ivanovic def. Laura Robson 5-7 6-2 7-6 (5) - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 9th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #151
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Madrid R3: [16] Ana Ivanovic def. Laura Robson 5-7 6-2 7-6 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corswandt View Post
VIP outwinnered from the baseline (even without subtracting aces from the totals) as expected.

Match was on Robson's racquet, like I said.

VIP junkballing (some if not most of it unintentional) Robson to death at the crucial stages of the match. Other than that, all VIP can do on clay is crushing weak second serves (much like all she can do on faster surfaces is to serve).
And by a wide margin I might add.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #152
coolfish1103

coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute coolfish1103 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_von05 View Post
At least Robson is living up to her hype... I knew she gonna get nervous when she was serving for the match...it's good learning experience for her. Next week few more wins her ranking will be seeded in Slams.

It seems like she is following the trend of having a few Top 10 wins in some big tournaments to make sure the media stays with her hype thinking she is in contention for the top spots and then play like shit for the following months by losing to random journeywoman.
Old May 9th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #153
country flag cowking

cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future cowking has a brilliant future

Of course Robson outwinnered Ivanovic, she was trying to blast winners from every positions on court, even some terrible ones It was her best strategy because big flat hitting handcuffs Ana and prevents her from playing her game, and also Robson is hella slow on clay and has to compensate. Ana straight up outfought her in the end, and that's that. The fact that Robson was dictating more doesn't mean anything when she lost.
cowking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #154
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowking View Post
Of course Robson outwinnered Ivanovic, she was trying to blast winners from every positions on court, even some terrible ones It was her best strategy because big flat hitting handcuffs Ana and prevents her from playing her game, and also Robson is hella slow on clay and has to compensate. Ana straight up outfought her in the end, and that's that. The fact that Robson was dictating more doesn't mean anything when she lost.
We officially sound like counterpunchers' fans.
Old May 10th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #155
country flag Leon Daniel

Leon Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Leon Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Leon Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Leon Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Leon Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Leon Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Leon Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Leon Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Leon Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Leon Daniel has a reputation beyond repute Leon Daniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
We officially sound like counterpunchers' fans.
Yeah, who would say that few months ago? Still, I like Ana's new style.

Former World No.1 (Current rank: No.12)
2005: Canberra 2006: Montreal 2007: Berlin, Los Angeles, Luxembourg 2008: Indian Wells, Roland Garros, Linz 2010: Linz, Bali 2011: Bali
2014: Auckland, Monterrey
Leon Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote