Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

346K views 5K replies 74 participants last post by  Zamboni 
#1 · (Edited)
Now that we can avoid cluttering the main tennis threads,you can all ponder the intellectual capacity of the genius who thought it was a 'bombshell' that Clijsters wanted to have more children: "REALLY?:crazy:I thought Kim HATED kids.Why didn't anyone tell me otherwise?:silly:..."

#2 ·
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

I don't really have anything to say, I just want to have a peak around the new thread and see how it compares to the others.

Yup, pretty much the same with maybe just a hint more Mexico-ness than most threads.

#3 ·
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Kids are great... alas they reach 15 at some point in their development. I'm glad to see at least two players have their priorities sorted, and I should probably take note.

I couldn't let my first post here go without saying hello to my favourite TF poster VP whom was kind enough to pop in this morning, whom is no doubt looking for explanations about his own confused explanations regarding Caro's tennis abilities. :)

#4 ·

Kids are great... alas they reach 15 at some point in their development. I'm glad to see at least two players have their priorities sorted, and I should probably take note.

I couldn't let my first post here go without saying hello to my favourite TF poster VP whom was kind enough to pop in this morning, whom is no doubt looking for explanations about his own confused explanations regarding Caro's tennis abilities. :)
"WHO" is no doubt,not 'whom'....you're gonna get your British credentials revoked if you keep that up:p

#5 ·

Actually,I don't imagine that I'm any stronger than certain substance addicts are,but I had an early perspective in life while witnessing some addicted males in my own family,so that planted a seed at a very young age....If I were TRULY physically & mentally intoxicated,then I'd be hanging out in the fist pump forum instead of Caro's,wouldn't I??:p
Well As long as one is aware of ones state of mind, and avoids denial, I think all will be ok. The way I see things, Being unchallenged, and not having opportunities and self motivation are far more of a concern.

Boredom is the root of all evil - the despairing refusal to be oneself.–Soren Kierkegaard
Our life always expresses the result of our dominant thoughts. –Soren Kierkegaard
That's why its quite nice to follow a thoroughly sweet and motivated tennis player.

#7 ·

I like cake.
Is that a confession of being a Marion Bartoli fan (not that I condone that reference) or are you leading up to a far deeper reveal of your tennis theories?

#9 ·

Hmmm...what's this thread about then?
I thread to discuss general non tennis Caro or other mildly Caro related issues, and not clog the main Caro tennis thread with non Caro tennis specific issues. :)

#13 ·

I see Sorana Cristea as the biggest treat to Caro. She has everything that everyone loves, but luckily her game sucks for now. Don`t give her any help at all Caro for gods sake. Let Na Li win stuff, Vera, Azaranka....who cares. But not Sorana Cristea and her looks. :D

#21 ·

I see Sorana Cristea as the biggest treat to Caro. She has everything that everyone loves, but luckily her game sucks for now. Don`t give her any help at all Caro for gods sake. Let Na Li win stuff, Vera, Azaranka....who cares. But not Sorana Cristea and her looks. :D
Well,I think you mean 'threat',because a 'treat' is some sort of special gift or,sometimes,a snack or small pleasure.....Honestly,Sorana is gorgeous but Caro:hearts: isn't exactly chopped liver....If I were forced to choose between a Sorana clone with a mediocre personality and a Caro clone with a nice personality,it wouldn't even be a tough decision.An ethical/personal challenge would be: Whom do you select if forced to decide between a Sorana type with a LOUSY personality...and a Kuzy type with a GREAT personality.We're eliminating adolescent boys from the vote,of course:lol:

#17 ·

Ana`s fans think Caro has taken over her personality. Its true. Soon the transformation will be complete. Next is Ana`s forehand Muhahaha.
Now you are making me sad. If Caroline had Ana's forehand she would be nigh unbeatable. I seem to recall in Beijing that Ana was giving Caroline quite a bit of trouble with her forehand.

#15 ·

A doctor, who specializes in skin diseases, will dream he has fallen asleep in front of the television. Later, he will wake up in front of the television, but not remember his dream.
If all the animals along the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Halloween would fall on the same day.
When I was four years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a teacosy. Years later, I realised it was not a spider - it was my Uncle Harold.

#18 ·

A doctor, who specializes in skin diseases, will dream he has fallen asleep in front of the television. Later, he will wake up in front of the television, but not remember his dream.
If all the animals along the equator were capable of flattery, then Thanksgiving and Halloween would fall on the same day.
When I was four years old, I watched my mother kill a spider with a teacosy. Years later, I realised it was not a spider - it was my Uncle Harold.
Poor uncle Harold.:sad:

#27 ·

I think Ana is enjoying what else life has to offer instead of just playing tennis. For example, since she got knocked out early in the AO this year, why didn't she get back in to full fledged training? Instead, she just went to beach and cheered on Novak. If I had been her, I would have been working my butt off!!

If you have that much talent then train! She's riding too much on her good looks.

#28 ·

I think Ana is enjoying what else life has to offer instead of just playing tennis. For example, since she got knocked out early in the AO this year, why didn't she get back in to full fledged training? Instead, she just went to beach and cheered on Novak. If I had been her, I would have been working my butt off!!

If you have that much talent then train! She's riding too much on her good looks.
Didn't she have a stomach/abdominal tear?

#33 ·

Caro's psycho-fan is in Indian Wells! :eek:

:help:

@CaroWozniacki After over=comming the systems onslaughts, I was fine as always regardless, to see carols tennis match!
@CaroWozniacki I was sure waiting for some contact with you carol that your adidas friends [doggies?] were around me out of the blue!
@CaroWozniacki If this is your minimum "honor" to me. I do not want anything to do with you! As these guys seemed very strange to me!
@CaroWozniacki I asked them if they were Adidas and the so called Mats ? Your other smaller adidas guys sad no...! At least !
@CaroWozniacki If I am wrong then they sure did not give me a first savy impression! If I m right! YOU ARE ALL DEPLORABLE PIECES OF SHIT !
@CaroWozniacki As to the behaviour of the police, BNP paribas officials, all the folk, the shit scum bykies, you all are ancient minds!
@CaroWozniacki Particularly you made my holiday a hell, and i hope you all are rubished shitless!
@CaroWozniacki I really thought dexterity and sports came with some intelligence! And it seems that you all are brainwashed to be stupid!
@CaroWozniacki For somebody to not value what is value, makes you of no value!

He seems angry I wonder what happened there...:confused:

http://twitter.com/#!/RulesOfThought

#34 ·

On the concept of irony; Caro lost the GM poll before the Stephens match!

Caro's psycho-fan is in Indian Wells! :eek:

:help:

@CaroWozniacki After over=comming the systems onslaughts, I was fine as always regardless, to see carols tennis match!
@CaroWozniacki I was sure waiting for some contact with you carol that your adidas friends [doggies?] were around me out of the blue!
@CaroWozniacki If this is your minimum "honor" to me. I do not want anything to do with you! As these guys seemed very strange to me!
@CaroWozniacki I asked them if they were Adidas and the so called Mats ? Your other smaller adidas guys sad no...! At least !
@CaroWozniacki If I am wrong then they sure did not give me a first savy impression! If I m right! YOU ARE ALL DEPLORABLE PIECES OF SHIT !
@CaroWozniacki As to the behaviour of the police, BNP paribas officials, all the folk, the shit scum bykies, you all are ancient minds!
@CaroWozniacki Particularly you made my holiday a hell, and i hope you all are rubished shitless!
@CaroWozniacki I really thought dexterity and sports came with some intelligence! And it seems that you all are brainwashed to be stupid!
@CaroWozniacki For somebody to not value what is value, makes you of no value!

He seems angry I wonder what happened there...:confused:

http://twitter.com/#!/RulesOfThought
Sounds like a Günther Parche in the making! :weirdo: Take care of yourself, Caro!

#36 ·

Yeah, the fist pumps and ajde's from Ana do kind of drive me nuts. I could be wrong but it seems like once she went into her slump she started doing them much more often, she has stretches in matches where she does it after nearly every point she wins! Generally, I think that when she does it a lot that means she has very low confidence and will probably lose the match.

Kviotova's "yelps" after she wins a point also are very annoying. They don't appear to be related to her hitting shots, she just gets excited after she wins points and lets out a little yelp/screech.

To be fair I also don't like Caroline's "come on" and fist pump when she gets a point from an unforced error. I did get a tiny bit (very tiny) of grief from some Caroline fans for saying as much but if I think it's wrong when Ana does her fist pumps it would be hypocritical of me not to think the same when Caroline does her "come on." In both cases I wouldn't mind if it was off a great shot or a crucial point to win a game but when it's 15-0 I think it's a little unnecessary to show too much emotion.

#37 ·

That twitter "fan" does seem very overzealous. Anytime someone is writing stuff that seems like gibberish it is cause for concern. I have no idea what the security is like at Indian Wells but one would hope that after what happened to Monica that proper precautions are being taken and Caroline is safe. Hopefully there is someone on Caroline's team that is monitoring the situation and looking out for this individual. From those tweets it seems like there may have been some kind of confrontation so she is probably in no danger.

#49 ·

Well,even before Burisleif pushed me to start one,I thought that this bunch had great potential for an off-topic thread,yet you all have exceeded my expectations:worship:.A few more thoughts before I take off for some Sunday activities:

The BNP website is guilty of offering a false promo in putting up,"Andrea Petkovic will be blogging throughout the tournament." Ummmm...no she won't---this is a JOINT event where young,glamorous,athletic men will be in large numbers...which means that almost every moment of the ULTRA-horny Andrea's freetime will be spent trying to round up guys' private cell numbers for a discreet hook-up.The tourney is just about halfway over and Petko has blogged ONCE,not 'throughout the tournament':haha:.It's only a matter of time before she wakes up in some ATP guy's hotel room(and can't remember which one it is since he'll be gone),looks at her watch and says to herself,"Damn!:eek:I'm late for my match!:bolt:"....Naturally,the WTA will cover for her by concocting some medical excuse for the default...something like 'Mad Rabbit Disease'.I actually don't dislike Petkovic at all;she's got some charming qualities at times but...come on,Andrea,you're 23 now,you should've graduated from puberty a while ago,and STDs are a very legitimate threat....Maybe you could just settle on ONE bf and add a crucial element of emotional stability to your life...Just a suggestion:angel:

#60 ·

Quotes of the day:

The irony:

she's [Maria Sharapova] hitting less winners than wozniacki that's what pisses me off!!! it's been over 2 hours and she's hit less than 10 winners im possitive of that
The low life racist:

(aka Delicate cutter) Jesus! I don't know how I can get through this third set. :sobbing: Why won't Anabel go die in some desert somewhere trying to cross the border? :sad:

#61 ·

Quotes of the day:

The low life racist:
.....And an inbred dumb-ass at that!When you don't know the difference between Spain and Mexico,it's time to go to the clinic and get yourself sterilized so that your inferior DNA can't get passed on to future generations:lol:

Btw,if a majority of you are truly perturbed by the title,then I'll at least consider changing it...no promises,merely a commitment to contemplate:angel:

#63 ·

This is NOT meant as a slap at Sharapova in any way,but I've noticed that the most glamorous players tend to attract the lowest-caliber followers in larger numbers than others do.I'll admit that it's no scientific law,yet my personal experience has shown that to be the case.I can't recall ever having too many big problems with fans of the less-attractive stars like Henin,Mauresmo or Sveta....It might be oversimplifying a bit,but I figure people are Kuzy fans because of her TENNIS,not b/c it's the stylish or trendy thing to do.If you ignore all the beauty queens and cheer for Sveta,Amelie(back when she played) or Justine,it's cuz you appreciate the SPORT...it's not for near-mindless,superficial reasons.On the other hand,Masha and Ana often attract the sort of people who are so inferior that the Borg wouldn't even assimilate them as drones since they'd have nothing useful to offer:lol:

Sorry for the sci-fi geek reference,folks:p...but be warned!!Caro is pretty enough that,if she starts winning slams,we'll gradually get more and more zeroes in the forum........so let's enjoy this fanship in its days of innocence

#64 ·

More Qoutes of the day:

Caro vs JJ

The Vile:

Keep that up, Jejo. Violate her.
The shallow:

if she loses i'll not show my head in the gm thread.. i hate caro and her fans
Maybe I am slightly BMS, I have logged so many lovely quotes...

#66 ·

More Qoutes of the day:

Caro vs JJ

The Vile:

The shallow:

Maybe I am slightly BMS, I have logged so many lovely quotes...
This just shows how ignorant and narcissistic people can be to one another. It really makes me angry that the stupid person that says they hate her and her fans is a ridiculous comment. How can you say that to someone (in this case millions) that you have never even met?

It's just like I can't talk about Serena and Venus because people jump down my throat because I don't like her. I'm not a racist person at all and yet when I say I don't like them at all (on or off court) people make quick judgments about me. I feel the same way about Vania King because I met her at Cincy and she's a b**ch. She's really snarky to other people and she always has an arrogant look on her face :roll:

So please...let's not re-quote posts from other idiots that are too judgmental. I don't go to any other part of this forum besides here because, in all honesty, here are the nicest people I want to speak to and socialize with.

End of story.

#65 ·

^^ I really appreciate your most, bruce goose :D RIght now we are like a real fan group because we have so many laughs and truly love Caroline as tennis player as well as a person. :)

THere is a woman at a tennis center I go to and she hates Maria. So during the times they are showing her on TV I root for her just to bug her :p hehehe :lol:

#68 ·

@Bruce...

I think its a small minority of generally floating fans... some are more sophisticated in their abuse... some are reachable with reason...

If we ever have supporters like these in the Caro forums... I will have no hesitation of telling them where to go...

An before it gets mentioned... no I don't find Kman to be such a poster, He might be less than diplomatic, but I'm yet to see a post thats offensive (prove me wrong) and I will never accept the ethos that Caro fans are the cause of comments like those above. :)

TF needs to clean its self of the people that are unable to discuss tennis in a normal way... the occasional emotional expletive is one thing, but relentless trolling, or general racist abuse is just so 1943.

I don't remember Caro drawing any cartoons....

I'm not a fan of a few players, I 'm not really a fan of players that vocalise after they hit their shots... Any mono strategic power game, But i can't see myself posting in their forum or posting anything other than tennis in any related thread.

#71 ·

:lol: Well it they want to put the fact of being quoted in a Kierkegaard irony thread on their CV... I like the irony... If the UID rings a bell the next time a Caro fan debates in GM...

#73 ·

Speaking of those more positive topics,I have some news that might be a revelation for those of you who aren't overly familiar with latinoamerica: Those Latino Muzzle Kisses(LMK) that you may have seen on our telenovelas(other cultures show mostly minor-league facsimiles in their TV shows and movies)...the ones where the hot mujer latina is going off on a rant...and then blissfully surrenders when her lips are smothered in mid-speech...well,that isn't just absurd artistic license.Latina women,at least our Mexican gals,really DO enjoy such kisses....Though I haven't done a scientific sampling of all our latino neighbors,I'd be shocked if there were any significant difference amongst Argentine,Venezuelan,Costa Rican(etc.)ladies.

Keep in mind that the LMK shouldn't be leaned on as a crutch by every transgressing male,but it CAN be a wonderful way to end an argument:devil:.It's not necessary to wait for a fight,either;there's a variation we use when the woman is babbling distractedly and not paying attention.I spring that one on my gf sometimes when we're walking at the mall,e.g.:

Karina: My sister saw those shoes in the catalog yester---MMMMMPHHH!!!
Yours Truly: :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:
Karina: :drool:mmmmmmmmmm

Anyhow,maybe Caro will get an LMK someday(if she hasn't already;))...just hope it comes from someone less scummy than Verdasco:lol:

#74 ·

I would be more worried about a hater that wrote Caro about how much she ruined womans tennis, its her fault that his favorites don`t win tournaments ect. I would be more worried about someone with the motives of saving the tour, that he would do everyone a favor, save the sport, his favorites would now win all tournaments ect, like the person stabbing Seles motives.

And about saving the tour comment thats been posted over and over in GM for over two years now. Thats not gonna make Ivanovic and Sharapova win matches or bring back Henin, Vaidisova, Golivin and the William sisters. Unless you believe Caro has the power of witchcraft. Then why don`t she just put some frog sweat and lizard breath in their water and beat them?

No. Caro is a masochist who enjoys getting questions why she haven`t won a slam.

#75 ·
#76 ·

Maybe Caro needs to start scratching her butt to become a 'true' #1!?
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=372159
Can only imagine what kind of ridicule Caro would face with such a habit....That link reminded me of a pro wrestler who insulted his opponent by saying that he was so dumb that he brushed his teeth with Preparation H instead of toothpaste and couldn't figure out why his gums were shrinking

#77 ·

As a Sharapova fan I just want to punch that person. Seriously, the ignorance that can be found on the Internet never fails to shock me. Why it doesn't, I don't know. I should be used to it by now.

As for Caro, she does seem to be in an interesting limbo in terms of fandom and image. On the one hand her base seems to be increasing in general if her rapidly increasing number of Twitter followers is an indication.

But on the other hand, she's not getting the kind of hype or praise that usually accompanies a young player like her who's achieved a lot. People would say it's because she hasn't won a Slam yet despite her number one ranking. I disagree, I don't think that's the whole story. I think the reason for the lack of general hype is simple: Tennis fans, the hardcore and the casual, have seen the "Pretty Glamor Tennis Girl" image before. Thanks to Sharapova, Ivanovic, and the prototype that is Anna Kournikova, the idea of a pretty girl who can play decent tennis is no longer a novel concept.

If Caroline wants the popularity, which I think she does, then she's gonna have to do one thing that's not as easy as it seems: Win. Win a lot. Win big titles. Prove to the skeptics that she's not just the cute it girl of the moment. That will be the crutch that increases her fanbase.

Of course us Caro fans who liked her long before those bandwagoners will have every right to be smug, given that we liked her long before then. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.