Tennis Forum banner

Tipping doubles #7: Montreal

7K views 183 replies 22 participants last post by  Sasja 
#1 · (Edited)
ROGERS CUP 2012

TEAMS

You simply sign in for yourself and I'll try to regularly update the entry list so that you can see with whom you can team up. If you already have an agreement with some player for this event, you just both type with whom you're playing as you sign in. You can have a maximum of three different partners during one season.

HOW TO PLAY

Playing Tipping is very easy. I will post the schedule and then you just tip who you think will win. Both members of a team post, each for him/herself.

e.g If the schedule was...
Ivanovic/Li vs. V. Williams/Pironkova
Kvitova/Wozniacki vs. Barthel/Goerges

This is how you would tip...
Ivanovic/Li
Barthel/Goerges

It is only main draw doubles matches.

If there's 1 point played in a match then the match counts (walkover or a pre-match retirement doesn´t count).

Pick for each match should be posted before the start of that match.

For the final match you will also need to guess how many games will be played. This will work as a tiebreaker.

Do NOT edit your post. If you want to change your picks do it in a new post. Edited posts will make all your picks invalid.

Also DO NOT make changes to your picks by quoting your previous post; this will make all of your changes invalid.

HOW TO SOLVE TIES

1. Team where both players guessed the winner.
2. Team closer in games guessed by average.
3. Team with the player who posted quickest in the final.
4. Team with the higher score in the semifinals, quarterfinals...until the tie is resolved.

SCORING AND BONUS POINTS

First Round = 1 point per correct tip.
Every additional round = one point more than for the previous, per correct tip.
Combined points of team members form a team score for the Race; individual points are used for a 52-week ranking.

Bonus points:

Premier

1st: 160
2nd: 120
3rd/4th: 80
(for individuals only; 5th-8th: 60)

SCHEDULE

Previous: Olympic tennis event (managed by longtin23)
Next: Cincinnati (managed by longtin23)

See less See more
#89 ·
Re: Tipping doubles #7: Montreal | Day 3 OOP posts #3 & #79 | Standings after d2 post

I've updated scores and posted Thursday's OOP on page 1.

A T T E N T I O N !

Order of play posted by Ben. in post #79 lists Chan/Chan vs alternate, while that on the tournament website lists Chan/Chan vs Dulko/Pennetta. I always post the one from the tournament website, but you can choose which one to go with, at your own risk. Our starting time reference website (http://xscores.com/tennis/tennis.jsp?dt=09/08&flag=sportData) states the same as Ben., although it seems that no one knows who is in this alternate team.​

#91 ·
Re: Tipping doubles #7: Montreal | Day 3 OOP posts #3 & #79 | Standings after d2 post

DAY 3, THURSDAY, ORDER OF PLAY

(1) Huber/Raymond
Lisicki/Peng
(3) Petrova/Srebotnik
Cibulkova/Hantuchova
(6) Kops-Jones/Spears
(4) Dulko/Pennetta
Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova

#92 ·

(1) Huber/Raymond
Lisicki/Peng
(3) Petrova/Srebotnik
Mattek-Sands/Mirza
Rodionova/Voskoboeva
Chan/Chan
Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova

#95 ·

(1) Huber/Raymond
Grandin/Uhlirova
(3) Petrova/Srebotnik
Mattek-Sands/Mirza
(6) Kops-Jones/Spears
Chan/Chan
Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova

#98 ·

(1) Huber/Raymond
Lisicki/Peng
(3) Petrova/Srebotnik
Cibulkova/Hantuchova
Rodionova/Voskoboeva
Chan/Chan
Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova

#100 ·

DAY 3, THURSDAY

(1) Huber/Raymond
Lisicki/Peng
(3) Petrova/Srebotnik
Cibulkova/Hantuchova
(6) Kops-Jones/Spears
Chan/Chan
Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova

#101 ·

(1) Huber/Raymond
Grandin/Uhlirova
(3) Petrova/Srebotnik
Mattek-Sands/Mirza
(6) Kops-Jones/Spears
(4) Dulko/Pennetta
Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova

#102 ·

@ ma re

The WTA site also has Chan/Chan vs. ALT ;)

#104 ·

@ ma re

The WTA site also has Chan/Chan vs. ALT ;)

I know, that's why I stated that people choose whom to trust at their own risk. Tournament website (at the time of me posting the OOP) stated otherwise, and now I can't seem to be able to access their website for some reason (maybe it's just some bug on my PC or connection...). I even checked Pennetta's and Dulko's respective forums to see if there's some news, but ended up with nothing.

#103 ·
Re: Tipping doubles #7: Montreal | Day 2 OOP posts #3 & #58 | Standings after d1 post

Lisicki/Peng
Cibulkova/Hantuchova
(1) Huber/Raymond
(3) Petrova/Srebotnik
(6) Kops-Jones/Spears
Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova
Chan/Chan

#106 ·

Huber/Raymond
Lisicki/Peng
Petrova/Srebotnik
Mattek-Sands/Mirza
Rodionova/Voskoboeva
Chan/Chan
Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova

#110 ·

Friday Order of Play:

2R:
Grandin/Uhlirova vs Lisicki/Peng
(6) Kops-Jones/Spears vs Rodionova/Voskoboeva
Cibulkova/Hantuchova vs Mattek-Sands/Mirza
(3) Petrova/Srebotnik vs Chuang/Zhang

QF:
(6) Kops-Jones/Spears or Rodionova/Voskoboeva vs Chan/Chan
(1) Raymond/Huber vs Grandin/Uhlirova or Lisicki/Peng
(3) Petrova/Srebotnik or Chuang/Zhang vs Cibulkova/Hantuchova or Mattek-Sands/Mirza
Jans-Ignacik/Mladenovic or Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova vs Makarova/Savchuk

#112 ·

Friday Order of Play:

(3) Petrova/Srebotnik or Chuang/Zhang vs Cibulkova/Hantuchova or Mattek-Sands/Mirza
Thanks for your effort but it seems like our OOP's differ again; tournament website says only 3 out of 4 QF's will be played today and your OOP shows all four...?

Folks, if you are not changing picks for matches that were supposed to be played yesterday, you don't have to post them again, just post for new matches.

Yesterday Dulko and Pennetta really did pull out, but we didn't know who the alternating team is until the start of the day's program, so I don't think we should even count that match. Opinions?

New scores coming up tomorrow, it's ridiculous to update them for just one (or two) matches.​

#111 ·
Re: Tipping doubles #7: Montreal | Day 4 OOP posts #3 & #110 | Standings after d2 pos

QF Picks:
If (6) Kops-Jones/Spears d. Rodionova/Voskoboeva: (6) Kops-Jones/Spears d. Chan/Chan
or if Rodionova/Voskoboeva d. (6) Kops-Jones/Spears: Rodionova/Voskoboeva d. Chan/Chan
If Grandin/Uhlirova d. Lisicki/Peng: (1) Raymond/Huber d. Grandin/Uhlirova
or if Lisicki/Peng d. Grandin/Uhlirova: (1) Raymond/Huber d. Lisicki/Peng
If (3) Petrova/Srebotnik d. Chuang/Zhang & Cibulkova/Hantuchova d. Mattek-Sands/Mirza: (3) Petrova/Srebotnik d. Cibulkova/Hantuchova
or if (3) Petrova/Srebotnik d. Chuang/Zhang & Mattek-Sands/Mirza d. Cibulkova/Hantuchova: (3) Petrova/Srebotnik d. Mattek-Sands/Mirza
or if Chuang/Zhang d. (3) Petrova/Srebotnik & Cibulkova/Hantuchova d. Mattek-Sands/Mirza: Chuang/Zhang d. Cibulkova/Hantuchova
or if Chuang/Zhang d. (3) Petrova/Srebotnik & Mattek-Sands/Mirza d. Cibulkova/Hantuchova: Mattek-Sands/Mirza d. Chuang/Zhang
If Jans-Ignacik/Mladenovic d. Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova: Makarova/Savchuk d. Jans-Ignacik/Mladenovic
or if Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova d. Jans-Ignacik: Makarova/Savchuk d. Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova

#115 ·
Re: Tipping doubles #7: Montreal | Day 4 OOP posts #3 & #110 | Standings after d2 pos

Lisicki/Peng
(3) Petrova/Srebotnik
Mattek-Sands/Mirza
Rodionova/Voskoboeva
QF
(1) Huber/Raymond
Chan/Chan
Jans-Ignacik/Mladenovic OR Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova

#116 ·

R2
Grandin/Uhlirova
(3) Petrova/Srebotnik
Mattek-Sands/Mirza
(6) Kops-Jones/Spears
QF
(1) Huber/Raymond
(6) Kops-Jones/Spears OR Rodionova/Voskoboeva
Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova def. Makarova/Savchuk
Makarova/Savchuk def. Jans-Ignacik/Mladenovic

(3) Petrova/Srebotnik def. Cibulkova/Hantuchova or Mattek-Sands/Mirza
Cibulkova/Hantuchova or Mattek-Sands/Mirza def. Chuang/Zhang

#118 ·

2R:
Lisicki/Peng
Rodionova/Voskoboeva
Mattek-Sands/Mirza
(3) Petrova/Srebotnik

QF:
Rodionova/Voskoboeva def. Chan/Chan | Chan/Chan def. Kops-Jones/Spears
(1) Raymond/Huber
(3) Petrova/Srebotnik
Pavlyuchenkova/Safarova OR Makarova/Savchuk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.