Tennis Forum banner

Nastja Kolar

32K views 207 replies 33 participants last post by  Beta2k 
#1 ·

Birth Date: 15/07/1994
Nationality: Slovenia​

Nastja won 4 singles titles on the ITF Junior Circuit this year :worship: She is currently ranked 6th but has been as high as no. 4 :bowdown: Definitely one to watch for the future.

---

She's playing Anne Keothavong in the qualification of Portoroz tomorrow! Good luck :cool:

See less See more
#56 ·
She should have sealed the match in the 2nd on one of her 500,000 MPs, but if you look solely at her game, there is a lot of promise. If she has someone that she works with that can harness all that negativity... she's got a lot of quality assets that should serve her well as she gets a little bit older.

Also, she had one MP that would have been a winner against most opponents that Pervak pulled out of nowhere to hit a crosscourt winner from basically the back wall. There were a lot of things that could have gone her way with just a pinch of luck... but ya, ultimately the loss has to go down to her mental state. Still... I'm impressed with her raw tools.

#59 ·
Nastja won the European Junior Championships in Switzerland! :) It's a GB1 event so quite a big win. The only match she had any problems with was the semifinal against Schmiedlova. Glad she seems to have gotten over her horrendous meltdown against Pervak last week. :eek:

European Junior Championships, GB1, Klosters, Switzerland, 18&U

1R: BYE
2R: [6]Nastja Kolar (SLO) df. Chloe Paquet (FRA) 6-1 6-3
3R: [6]Nastja Kolar (SLO) df. Tamara Bizhukova (RUS) 6-2 6-2
4R: [6]Nastja Kolar (SLO) df. [11]Ilona Kremen (BLR) 6-2 6-2
QF: [6]Nastja Kolar (SLO) df. [13]Ganna Poznikhirenko (UKR) 6-2 6-4
SF: [6]Nastja Kolar (SLO) df. [9]Anna Karolina Schmiedlova (SVK) 4-6 6-2 7-5
F: [6]Nastja Kolar (SLO) df. [8]Sofiya Kovalets (UKR) 6-1 6-2

This post has been deleted
#61 ·
Another good win :eek: She's really proving to be one to watch :D

I wouldn't be too sure about USO Q. Last year's cut-off was 245. With this SF, Nastja moves up to 237, but there were a lot of withdrawals last year. And who says she even wants to go to New York? :p

#65 ·
I was at the whole match so I have pics that I will post after the USO, I'm too busy now ;)

And I'm not sure if you guys want to read my report from the match. Sorry to offend some of you but it's just the truth from what I saw :shrug:

#66 ·
We know how she behaves on court, nothing new. It also speaks volumes that her behaviour is encouraged by her coaches. Hopefully she realizes how ridiculous she looks and gets herself some proper help - mental and coaching.

#75 ·
http://www.rtvslo.si/sport/citat-za-prebrat/nastja-kolar/268319

V mislih nimam drugega mesta, samo prvo mesto na svetu. Samo enico vidim pred seboj. Nič drugega.

Komaj 17-letna Nastja Kolar je velik up slovenskega tenisa. Trenutno je na WTA lestvici na 251. mestu, njena ambicija pa je postati prva tenisačica sveta. Njen trener Matjaž Pogačnik pravi, da prvo zmago na turnijih WTA načrtujeta v enem letu. Vir Ekipa.

O svoji igri: "Imam zelo dober forehand, ki ga igram z občutkom, udarec pa je dolg na zadnjo črto. Serviram dobro, backhand pa je soliden in z njim lahko presenetim. Poleg tega igram raznovrstno, saj znam dobro krajšati udarce, predvsem pa sem neustrašna v odločilnih trenutkih. Takrat odigram, kot da se ne dogaja nič ali pa še boljše".

O svojem temperamentu: "Včasih bi nasprotnico tudi udarila z loparjem. Jezna sem. Res ne prenesem porazov."

This girl:facepalm: Hopefully she realizes this bollocks will be haunting her in a few years.

#78 ·
If only she wasn't talking out of her ass. Her answer regarding her attitude is cringeworthy and how she believs that in the crucial moments she plays her best tennis is also a flat out lie/delusion. She only needs to watch the Pervak match, or the Chanknashvili match, or even that Orage Bowl SF match against Dabrowski:tape: Girl, you need to back up these fairy tales. No one will ever take you seriously otherwise.

#80 ·
Good week for her. In my opinion Kulikova is one of the best players when she is on fire (but sadly she has many injuries), so not a shame to lose against her. Good luck for 2012, Nastja! :yeah:

#87 ·
QR1 : Could be tough, because of the altitude :shrug: Ximena is used to it, while Nastja is not. :awww:
That's the point. Cali is not as high as Bogotá but it obviously helps to play Cali the week before. Especially for a young player who has never played under these circumstances Bogotá can be hell. Seriously.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.