Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 4.

327K views 5K replies 133 participants last post by  Pova 
#1 ·
Go Vika!!:bounce:

#7 ·
I think the mental aspect has such a big impact on this match-up these days. You can see how nervous Vika gets on some big points and makes stupid errors and decision she usually wouldn't make. When she's getting nervous she starts to make tons of DFs and the match's pretty much over. :eek: The first set was great tennis though :cheer:

I'm confident she will win against Na tomorrow. :yeah:

#10 ·
I really thought Vika could've made this closer than 4 and 4. :lol: Groundstrokes were way better than yesterday, but really stupid decisions and lack of concentration and alertness made her lose points she should have never lost.

Oh well onwards to tomorrow's match, hopefully a comfortable win for once. :lol: :)

#11 ·
her mental state has been off in both matches, choking break points both for and against and today doublefaulting like crazy. maybe too hyped up, i don't know.

at least she didn't look too tired unless her serving arm was a bit sore. her ground game looks okay.

gopd luck for tomorrow :)

#13 ·
I didn't see the match but it's long odds Vika didn't give it all. There was nothing at stake apart from some dollars. She sure needs to be fit tomorrow so she couldn't afford some epic battle against Serena today then losing in 2 against Li due to exhaustion. Serena actually hinted at this when she said she'd probably play Victoria in the final.

She'll win tomorrow, maybe in 3. Sometimes Li comes out guns blazing but she rarely keeps it up for 2 let alone 3 sets.

#14 ·
Doublefaulting like there's no tomorrow :sobbing:
That serve is her weak point, she should spend the whole off-season doing something to improve it!

#16 ·
SHe should still make the semi-final If I right ?

#23 ·
On the one hand I want Vika to make the final but on the other hand I don't want her to end the season with another loss to Serena. :hysteric:

As for tomorrow's match. She needs to finally play some clutch tennis on the big points. She had so many chances against Kerber and Serena but couldn't take them. Other than that I think tomorrow her serve will be better than in today's match because against Serena she's under constant pressure but Li isn't exactly the best on ROS. And let's hope the previous two matches won't last for six hours :tape:

#25 ·
@Natural Joe, i don't mind the losses against Serena that much (except for the USO :sobbing:). She'll learn from them and maybe she'll be able to turn it around one day, maybe not. Playing Serena all the time means she's doing well. Also there's the SF against Maria to look forward too :hearts:, now you wouldn't want to miss that would you?

#26 ·
Yeah, it's just that six losses in one season and two in big finals would be a bitter pill to swallow. :sad: But you are right, there's still the SF (hopefully) and who knows what will be possible in the final if she gets there (nobody expected Vika to even win a set before the USO final as well). :)

#30 ·
I am sure she tanked that match yesday. If she has beaten Serena fighting like a mad dog, then what abt the nxt match againt Li? Where'll she find the energy from? She'll have to beat Li also right as Li has a win against Kerby? So my guess is that she jus saved energy for the later rounds:shrug: I am not thinking too much abt that match yesday. Today's match is very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.