Tennis Forum banner

* Magdalena Rybarikova Thread *

275K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  Giorgiboy 
#1 ·
She's playing quali in Hasselt. Good luck! :)

(1)Camille Pin v Olga Savchuk
Eva Hrdinova v Neha Uberoi

Stephanie Dubois v Anne Kremer
(7)Galina Voskoboeva v Claudine Schaul

(2)Maret Ani v Ekaterina Dzehalevich
Anastasia Rodionova v Mandy Minella

Tatiana Poutchek v Caroline Maes
(8)Shikha Uberoi v (wc)Davinia Lobbinger

(3)Severine Bremond v Agnes Szavay
Danica Krstajic v (wc)Eveline VanHyfte

Matilde Munoz-Gonzalves v (wc)Leslie Butkiewicz
(6)Meilen Tu v Sandra Kleinova

(4)Martina Muller v Aravane Rezai
Vanessa Henke v Magdalena Rybarikova

Lubomira Kurhajcova v (wc)Debbrich Feys
(5)Kaia Kanepi v Yevgenia Savransky

See less See more
#2,358 ·
Does anyone know if Magda will play at any point during the remainder of the 2019 season? I know her ranking has taken a dip but I was hoping she would play qualifying in either Wuhan or Being, or possibly stay in Europe and try to play Linz or Moscow. Anyone have news if she has injured or if she has called it quits for this season. I don't see many high dollar ITF events remaining for 2019 where she would get direct entry, so any news would be greatly appreciated. Thanks folks!

#2,362 ·
Thank you for the update regarding Magda. I am deeply disappointed but I can understand. The semi-finals of Wimbledon will be her greatest achievement. I hope she will announce it to the WTA, and not ghost us like some other players who have left us hanging........... Thank you vodnar for the update.

#2,363 ·
So does anyone know if Magda has announced her retirement or if the WTA has been notified, or do they even need to be. What about the ITF, I know they often list players who have retired. I am aware some players just disappear and no one bothers, or the players themselves don't bother, to announce they will know longer be playing professional tennis. I just think she has another one or two great grass court seasons on her racquet.

#2,366 ·
I don't speak Slovak but thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I hear she may only play doubles, she was a semifinalist at Wimbledon with Petkovic a number of years back which was great. if I get to see her on the court in singles, doubles or even mixed, I will be a happy camper. Thanks for the update!

#2,370 ·
Magda is nominated for the doubles match, against Great Britain

SLOVENSKO - Veľká Británia
piatok: 16.00 Anna Karolína Schmiedlová - Heather Watson, Viktória Kužmová - Hariett Dart
sobota: 16.00 Kužmová - Watson, Schmiedlová - Dart
Viktória Kužmová, Magdaléna Rybáriková - Naiktha Bains, Emma Raducanu

#2,371 ·
The doubles was not played. Slovakia won 3-1 :D

Reactions: Exiliado
#2,374 ·

I wonder if Magdalena will get to play Fed Cup Finals this year ...
I really hope it can be played (maybe in November?) and Magda can retire there.

#2,375 ·

Reactions: Exiliado
#2,377 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.