Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allez Mandy Minella!

345K views 5K replies 62 participants last post by  James 
#1 ·
:hearts:

Hope she can keep going on with that confidence from Bad Gastein.

I think It was time that she got her own thread apart from Luxembourg tennis.

#3,109 ·
#3,116 ·
Tennis sometimes is so weird. For months Pironkova didn't win anything and now she's winning a premier title beating three top 10 players. If this once would just happen with Mandy!

If you asked me two weeks ago I would never have had the idea that of all Pironkova would climb away from Mandy in the rankings. But you see in tennis all is a question of confidence and mentality. Mandy could do this either!

Mandy did so well in the late last season. This she gotta continue!!!

#3,120 ·
Unfortunately, Mandy does not have the same potential as Pironkova.

There are indeed very good players in the qualis, that would be favourites against her.

I would have preferred to see Mandy get a top player in the first round, and play on the centre court as she did in other Grand Slams before, than losing against a good qualifier on an outside court.

In the second round - probably against Pavlyuchenkova - it would be a small court as well. In the hypothetical third round she would then play Radwanska.

#3,122 ·
Look at this:

61 60 63 62 61 60 61 61 41(RT) 64 63 60 61 64 60

Lost no set!
4 bagels!
6 breadsticks!
Not even has to go to 7 games!

All within one week!

Who's that?

#3,132 ·
Carina is not an easy draw for Mandy. She has to try to move her then Carina is going to make some errors. Also not happy about this draw coz I like Carina too but we have to accept it either.

Mandy had a bad start into the singles season so she has to focus on what she is able to play. Many people already tend to underestimate her that's her chance!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#3,135 ·
Usually she plays aggressively with solid ground strokes but she gets problems if she has to move! I haven't seen her so often but what I was seeing that she plays very well but not that consistent.

In Melbourne she is yet not playing on her peak though she reached the main draw. For example against Rodionova she benefits from many errors of her opponent that's not her style normally so I think she is not in her best form but you never know. Look at the stats after match:

In Germany she belongs to the hopeful talents anyway.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#3,138 ·
Kinda like that but I wouldn't go so far to compare her with Sharapova. I saw her once live last year there she lost against Ozga in the quali hitting lots of UEs. But this was not her real level. So Mandy should be patient enough but not too passive.

Hope Chandy can pull the upset!! GL ladies!! :cheer:
Hantuchova/Raymond will not be easy.

But I think Chandy will have a good chance. GL CHANDY :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.