Tennis Forum banner

2013 Autumm comeback

23K views 230 replies 32 participants last post by  paulmara 
#1 · (Edited)
#11 ·
Re: Petra Is facing impossible tripleheader in Tokyo

Starting at: 10:30 am
Madison Keys (USA) V [7] Petra Kvitova (CZE)

Not Before 5:00 PM

Svetlana KUZNETSOVA (RUS) orSorana CIRSTEA (ROU) [15]vsMadison KEYS (USA) or Petra KVITOVA (CZE) [7]

Not Before 1:00 PM

TBA - after suitable rest
Alla KUDRYAVTSEVA (RUS)/ Anastasia RODIONOVA (AUS) vs [WC] Kirsten FLIPKENS (BEL)/Petra KVITOVA (CZE)

#14 ·
Re: Petra is facing impossible tripleheader in Tokyo

Ridiculous scheduling from the organizers, even the most fit person would end up exhausted (understatement) at the end of the day with this timetable.
I don't understand why they prioritised the Angie/Ana & Aga/Domi matches over Petra's section of the draw - as Petra is the only one of the singles players also playing doubles.

They could easily have got the Kuzzy & Petra matches finished on CC and left the others for tomorrow. Then Petra would have two matches at most, and everyone else just one.

Now, if Petra wins against Keys, surely she'll be forced to withdraw from doubles to give her a decent chance in the QF.

#20 ·
Re: Petra breezed past Madison and Sveta to face Venus in Tokyo

Shades Of The " Ye Ole Petra".

Like how she kept moving forward; using her spins, angles and net play to win points, like she used to.

Nice. However, this won't [really] impress me, unless she puts the same type of whuppin on Venus for a victory.

We'll see? :eek:

#26 · (Edited)
Re: Petra beat Venus in Tokyo, playing Angelique in the final

Nice victory by Petra.

Even though, I felt she could have moved forward, hit more off speed balls more often (IMO); Petra played well, and it was a nice victory.

I know a lot of people here, love Petra as a Person. I do not (though she seems like a fine young lady). I actually enjoy watching Petra play good tennis, more than anything else. Unfortunately/all too often when Petra loses; Kvitova plays horrible or disappointing/not up to her standards tennis, leaving many lost for words. In this match however: Even if Petra would have lost, I wouldn't have minded as much, cause at least she gave it a good effort against a older, but clearly "GAME" Champion/Intimidating player. It was fun to watch.

Venus, was very aggressive. Sometimes this appeared to throw Petra off. Kvitova appears a little intimated by the Venus Williams mystique (going off last year in Miami, and the first set of this match) as well, by not making her pay--with her variety--with Williams playing inside the baseline so often against her. That could have unnerved Petra a bit.

Nonetheless, Petra figured it out, and persevered. And I really hope she demolishes Kerber in the final. Cause she should. Please, no flashbacks from Cincinnati. Only clear thinking Petra!

You owe Kerber a final, semi-final when you're fit and ready!! Now, handle your business!!

#31 ·
Re: Petra beat Venus in Tokyo, playing Angelique in the final

Petra :bigclap:

What a great win :) I've missed you to play this good :bounce:

Kerber next, it won't be easy this speed HC suits her game style perfectly and she plays great this whole week, but I'm sure Petra is ready to beat her :D

C'mon Petra :cheer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.