Tennis Forum banner

God save her from herself

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  mac47 
#1 ·
I know that I would probably be banned from this forum for posting this but I can’t help myself. I am devastated ever since I have heard that Petra is dating that devil Stepanek. What is most painful is that this thought had come to my mind when I saw the two of them together in the video of a function held a couple of years ago. Maybe I should have expressed my apprehension. But I thought that Petra is too smart to fall prey to such an ugly old fellow. Though it remained my worst fear and it has come true. Ever since she won Wimbledon and became so famous, I had this suspicion that that devil would go for her. That has been his character, to go for young and talented girls. Martina and Nicole have been his prey. But still I tried to think positively that as he already had a beautiful wife in Nicole and Petra had a boyfriend, it may not happen. But alas with some trickery that demon managed to pluck Adam out of his way. What has disappointed me is the foolishness that Petra has shown. How can she fall for such an ugly, old, characterless, Casanova kind of fellow who has been a serial womanizer. Generally I never comment on a person’s looks but because this involves Petra, I have to say this that even monkeys look better than him. He is so ugly. Plus he has never made it big in his career, has been an average player throughout his career. But surprisingly finds talented and successful young girls to satisfy his lust. How many more young and talented girls will he need to satisfy his lust. And why do girls fall for that ugly rascal. No pretty and talented young Czech tennis girl is safe. After quenching his lust with Petra I am sure he would go for the Pliskova sisters. I can’t see Petra becoming the object of his lust. I am sorry if I have hurt someone’s sentiments but as I said I can’t help it.

See less See more
#2 ·
What kind of a state she is in!! Let alone her tennis results, the fact that she is dating that ugly and aged devil Stepanek itself shows her mental state. She has become so heavy, one could easily see in yesterday's match that she has become overweight. She always brings up the illness factor whenever she loses. Maybe she was ill, but ask yourself did she really have a great tournament. She had one of the easiest of draws any former champion could ask for. And she almost lost in the first round, got a walkover in the second, and then messed up things in the third round as well. Though it was impressive of her to fight so hard the next day to come back and win. Then again she played a poor first set in the fourth round but somehow managed to win. It really was a golden opportunity for her to win her second Wimbledon but she threw it away.

#5 ·
You took the rumour too seriously, :rolleyes: until she or he doesn't confirm it, it's just another nonsense produced by tabloids. ;) :cool:

#7 ·
To honestly weather she is dating Stepanek or not is not that important. The most concerning thing for her right now is her fitness levels and confidence. :scared: God save her from herself please!!! :scared:

#9 ·
It is important because if you admire or love a celebrity (sports person in this case) so passionately, it becomes impossible just to focus on his/her professional life and completely ignore his/her personal life. What does a fan or an admirer wishes after all that the person whom he admires may get all the success in his/her field. And the decisions (such an important one too) one makes in one’s private life tend to affect his/her professional life too. And Petra would never benefit from such an odd relationship. In fact we know this as a fact, what happened to the careers of the girls who got associated with him. So it is important.

And btw, even if some prophet tells me that it would be beneficial for her, I would still prefer her topsy-turvy (or roller coaster) performances a thousand times over her association with that fellow. I do hope and pray that it turns out to be a rumor after all.

#10 ·
When that young girl Vaidisova was devoured by Stepanek, so many people were shocked and bemused and I thought surely such a displeasing incident cannot happen again and no girl would suffer the same fate. But alas, it’s happening all over again. History is repeating itself in the most brutal way. And it’s the same guy, no one else, the difference is that this time the girl is even more talented.

On the one hand, he continues with his ‘successful’ career, and on the other, the girls are left to suffer. And I was surprised that so many people said that Vaidisova’s needed an escape route, but Kvitova is a different case and this guy would have a stabilizing influence on her game. I am not saying that she was playing great before this happened, she was already struggling, but after having seen what has happened since May, his influence upon her can be called anything but stabilizing. Surely, he has further destabilized her. His association is proving to be nothing but a negative influence on her.

Now she has started losing to wild cards in straight sets. At least this wasn’t the case when this man had not come into her life. Another talent getting sacrificed for the lecherousness of one man. A lovely and talented girl in the grip of a disgusting fellow. What a shame!

#11 ·
Oh, the stupid doomsaying.

She appears to be taking her fitness seriously. She has had serious health problems this year, and she's still barely out of top 10, and will probably make YEC anyway.

She could turn it all around next year, and have a great season. She could win the YEC out of nowhere, just by having a Doha/Dubai streak of good form. And if she is serious enough to change diet and keeps taking fitness seriously, there is every reason to hope.

I am not at all persuaded that Stepanek is bad for her. Sorry, but I don't buy the evil succubus theory, or that Radek is some sort of Svengali preying upon the innocent.

Reactions: Jan_S
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.