Tennis Forum banner

Betting on Petra's matches

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  *Jack* 
#1 ·
Hey, guys, just a thought.

Has anyone here been betting on Petra's matches?

Why I'm asking:

Before the Dubai semis, I was almost 100 percent sure that with Wozniacki and Errani/Vinci remaining, Petra was going to win the tournament. She was playing GOAT tennis, had been something like 7-0 versus the three over the previous two years and had had a stellar record in finals to date.

I checked the odds and it seems that if you'd bet on Petra winning both the semi and finals (which she did) you would've gotten about 120 percent on your money in just two days. The current rate offered by banks is about 2 percent per year. :lol:

So I thought that given our expert knowledge of Petra (or other players), it might be sometimes funny/interesting to place a reasonable - and I repeat reasonable - amount on a Petra match from time to time.

Your thoughts or experience?

NOTE: I'm not encouraging anyone to do it, because it's a risky business, as player may get sick/injured, or the opponent may play the match of her life, etc.

See less See more
#2 ·
When betting i have a rule, never ever bet on your fave. i was burned lots of times before:sobbing:

Only match vs Aga was a reasonable time to bet on her during Dubai run, all other matches odds were not worthy enough to bet even as part of some crazy multiple

#3 · (Edited)
When betting i have a rule, never ever bet on your fave. i was burned lots of times before:sobbing:
:rolls: That's exactly what happened to me. Last time I placed a bet on a tennis match was in 1994, but Martina flopped to Martinez and failed to win the 10th Wimbledon title. :lol:

Only match vs Aga was a reasonable time to bet on her during Dubai run, all other matches odds were not worthy enough to bet even as part of some crazy multiple
I was actually surprised that before the Errani match, the odds were 1.55 on Petra's win. Pretty good IMO given the two players' H2H and Petra's record in finals.

#9 ·
:lol:

#11 ·
:haha: :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.