Tennis Forum banner

PETRA TEAM bashing thread

25K views 258 replies 32 participants last post by  Half Volley 
#1 · (Edited)
To keep the other threads more organized and easier to read, if you want to vent out your frustration, please do it here. :angel:

A few previous posts to get this thread started :p

On David Kotyza, Petra's coach

could you please be honest for just once? no pressure? LMAO, tired of every time you say this Mr Useless
On CT4 they showed bits from Petra's practice with Kotyza. oh my gosh, he's so bad. misses service box, Petra hits moonbals and he says to her that she hits great:tape:
Huggybear can hang around as museum guide, bag carrier & cook etc plus phone-a-friend-companion but fresh advising/coaching/guiding/technical talent needs to be brought into the kvitty camp before time runs out
We need a coach that won't tolerate Petra's fuckeries any longer.
Fire Kotyza now.
On Kotyza & Ivanko, the fitness coach:

:fiery: Kotyza & Ivanko far too relaxed for my liking – almost appear to be on vacation – This poor girl is defending a Grand Slam! – For goodness sake these two clowns should get their act together!:mad:
And, of course, on Miroslav Černošek, Petra's likeable manager:

The way I see it, Csernosek is not far from a gangster
What a small minded huckster idiot.
He's the Czech Jerry Jones.
He sounds like a Freakin Mafia Boss
He's such a hypocrite.
What a greedy, spineless, self absorbed slob.
he's a MONEY, CONTROL, CRONYISM expert
the guys is so arrogant
But he's also a paranoid numbnut
He's eminently expendable.
If nothing else, Cernosek is like a Czech Monopoly/Mafia.
He's easily avoidable, ignored or replaceable. He just is.
Originally Posted by Rix643
Kvitova on the other hand... Really, I searched a lot, and all I could find on her was the Czech agency "Česká sportovní".

Which is run by this two-bit huckster:

Mofo has his fingers everywhere.

See less See more
#4 ·
Funny Post.

I understand it's the off season, so all is fair game and will be attempted. :lol:

However, the beauty and/or silliness of our complaints regarding Petra's team were organic and spontaneous, and not contrived, premeditated or meant to be filed.

Maybe a list of Team Petra miscues may work. However, even then, we don't criticize to knock Petra's team for eternity. It's done purely off of events and spontaneity. And a thread like this, would be to contrived and not in the spirit of supporting Team Petra.

I guess this thread may be good, if/when new posters ask "what have they done wrong", and we can point to this (though nothing is listed here--except combustible quotes--when many of us argued facts, events and practical suppositions on top of our bluster)? So we don't want to damn then to eternity either with a "HIT LIST" thread about them. I certainly won't. :lol:

Nonetheless Petronius, you can always be the archiver if you want (procuring our various post into this one thread). I guess you're hoping for a Petra revival, to shame us? :lol: And even if she does, it could be DESPITE Petra's team and not because of them. Of course Petra would have to play lights out for this to happen. We'll see?

#10 ·
If you like this: Then you gotta see Paulmara's/Petra's infamous Old Man Czech Mafia-Cernosek Cabal's, FBI-RICO-like Dossier complete with reconnaissance, surveillance photos and Bio's of the associated Henchmen. :haha: :rolls: :haha:

Not sure Artic Moose saw that either? It's just too much, hilarious (with all due respect to Petronius and all our proud Czech Comrades). :yeah:
I found the old post about Navratilova not being invited to Fed Cup final.

What did Navratilova say?
Some people don´t like her.

:cool: We're having an interesting controversy here. Martina Navratilova and Pavel Složil (former Davis Cup winner and Steffi Graf's coach) were not originally invited to Fed Cup and Davis Cup finals, because of their personal disputes with the CEO of the Czech tennis federation ...
Who does Jiri or Csersonek owe favors to? :tape:

A/ Czech Prime minister Petr Nečas and former Czech Trade Minister Martin Kocourek

B/ CEO of the Czech tennis federation Ivo Kaderka

Note 1 Černošek „Zdeněk(Duplák) is very important for me. At the beginning he gave me invaluable contacts and knowledge“
http://m.ihned.cz/ekonom/c1-52602470-nechci-vsechno-nejsem-magor

Note 2 Martin Kocourek and Czech president Václav Klaus

Note 3 Zdeněk Duplák become an advisor of Czech Trade Minister Martin Kocourek
Q (for Černošek) Does it mean you recommended him to Kocourek ?
„ I won´t deny that we are friends for 16 years (with Kocourek) … since he was the head of advisors for Václav Klaus … and because Zdeněk worked in foreign trade he was the ideal man for Martin.„
http://m.ihned.cz/ekonom/c1-52602470-nechci-vsechno-nejsem-magor

Note 4 Miroslav Pišťák, mayor of Prostějov recieving an award from Černoček and Kocourek for his lifetime support of tennis in Prostějov

Note 5 Černošek and Martin Hašek from opposition party

Note 6 Czech Trade Minister Kocourek resigns over financial scandal
Kocourek dismissed corruption being behind the 16 million crowns in the account of his mother, a pensioner, and said he entrusted the sum, which was originally his, to Key Investments to "deflect" it from problems connected with his divorce.
http://www.ceskenoviny.cz/news/zpra...igns-over-financial-scandal/713057&id_seznam=

Note 7 Martin Kocourek and Ivo Kaderka

Note 8 Former Czech Prime Minister's Aide Dalík Arrested on Corruption Charges with an attempt in 2007 to receive an 18 million euro ($23.5 million)
http://www.nasdaq.com/article/forme...n-charges--report-20121009-00085#.UJPCKMVmJLY

Note 9 Former Czech Prime Minister Topolánek, billionaire Tomáš Chrenek and Černošek

Note 10 Kaderka, Topolánek and Černošek

#11 ·
Petronius,I had forgotten that you created this thread b/c it lay dormant since last November,but I promise to limit the harsher comments to this specific thread from here on out.I wonder how common it is for WTAers to have so many indirect,yet prominent links to the mafia in their respective countries.Does Flavia have any connections to La Cosa Nostra??:lol:

#13 ·
My only advice to you, bruce: get some investors, build a tennis academy, hire a few coaches and try to attract local talents and compete on the global market. :lol:

If the academy where Hingis and Kvitova developed their tennis skills and which produced the reigning Fed Cup and Davis Cup champions is so amateurish, there's no doubt that many other tennis academies are in an even more pathetic condition and you will have no problem to steal their market shares very quickly. :lol:

Can't wait for the results :hearts:

P.S. We get it, you are disappointed by Petra's recent results.
In fairness Petronius: I think what he may be saying, is stemming from the latest article, which doesn't paint the best picture of Petra, Kotyza and the new Fitness guy.

Plus, many different posters have recently said, 'Petra should change her manager, her coach, leave the Czech Republic, ditch her fitness coach, train in a warm weather climate', etc.. So they're disappointed, both with Petra's results as well as her teams.

It's not just been 1, 2 or even 3 people, or me :lol: . It's been many; some we don't even see post here often (both here in the subforum and even on GM).

I don't want to take it any further than that. But I just wanted to point out, it's not only about Petra's losses or results. It's everything thing surrounding her (both what she and her team says and does, and what we don't see or hear from them as well).

Let's say, Petra played poorly in Paris, then got better and hot and won the tournament. After, Petra gained enough confidence to win the French or Wimbledon and have a good year. It wouldn't be anything her team did. It would just be Petra playing up to her level, based off of confidence. However, what Petra and her team have failed at so far is: They have not had her physically, mentally, strategic, tennis wise and goal setting wise, prepared for the daily, month to month grind and challenge of the tour, as well as living up to her ranking. And that's a fact, regardless of any past.

And if Petra's the REAL ISSUE (I can see you saying that); then THEY should come out and say it; import qualified help, and/or leave (like most top coaches do)!? But they won't! Cause neither Koytza or Cernosek, act like there's anything terribly wrong with Petra at the moment. And Kotyza himself, recently declared that he shouldn't be let go, and should be able hang around for a while. :eek: SMH/LOL. You can't make this stuff up. :rolls::oh::rolls:

My polite two cents and observation. :)

#14 ·
I've actually seen you guys talk about her team a lot although I've never actually seen what the real story is. I get the feeling it would be a long post but would anyone be willing to sum up the major issues with her team?
This slump of her's is really annoying me and it definitely is at very concerning levels now, I just want to have a bot more insight on it.

In simple terms:

Petra's Team is not run like your usual top 4-10, young grand slam champion, potential multi-grand slam winner, all court, explosive, talented players team.

I would compare it to, a young player, that's outgrown their coach/parents story, we've witnessed so many times.

However, in this case, it's Petra's Manager/Benefactor and his team (who he picks and provides for her), that's the over matched parent she can't/won't leave.

I hope you get the gist of it? I'm trying to be polite/respectful to some of our more impassioned, prideful Czech Comrades/Brethren. :lol:

If that's not enough, then I'll add a little more.

#15 ·
So basically, in your and others' opinions (to not offend ;) ) basically her manager is just a money hungry dictator and calls all the shots without having a clue?

It might be too much to ask but do you know any articles etc I could look at to look into this more? I don't expect you to have them offhand but if you ever have free time or something.

Thanks for the reply. :)
Whew Boy! :lol:

There are threads on here with loads of debates, quotes, links, stories, Petra team insights and articles over the past year.

Her manager is Czech. And he runs many Czech events (Prague 100k, ExtraLiga, and Czech Fed and Davis Cup). Hes' also runs the famous Prostojev Club (including formative years, Juniors and all levels of tennis, up to professional players and quasi teams). Plus he's Petra, Lucie Safarova, and Tomas Berdych's manager, as well as involved or in cahoots, with local and national politics and politicians.

So because of all this he has a big ego, with many conflicts of interest, and always wants Petra to participate in his various events, regardless of Petra's schedule, recent success and even (end of last season), her health.

There's just too much. Trust me. :lol:

As far as her team. Her Manger, strongly alluded in a article (that was posted her in her subforum), that he's the one that selects Petra's team members, and blatantly stated he could convince her to play in events, that Petra hadn't committed to yet (which he benefits from of course). Recently (in a article that was posted her as well), Petra's coach, when asked about his job security, basically blew it off, and said he should stay longer, before he mentioned it was Petra's decision. :lol:

Basically, Petra Manager, only chooses Czech's and Slovak's that are connected to his network, and loyal to him. Here in lies the problem. Her team members have made some terrible and repeated mistakes, many times seeming clueless (about game strategy, managing Petra and her asthma, goal setting, proper practice--with out injuring her, how/where to heal from illnesses during the tennis season, etc.).

Ahhh. IT's just so much.

If you want the gist off it. There was a long post, that I wrote in response to UncleSilas on GM, that would give you a great backgrounder (outside of going through the threads here). I don't remember the title or origin of the post. It may have been around Brisbane, but I don't remember.

If you want articles or links. You can find them here. Just browse through the post or pre-match articles posted (and their links), especially the Czech ones, where Petra's and her team members, are usually more honest. That will give you an idea of her team.

There was a recent CZECH ARTICLE posted here. This one reinforces how both Petra is currently mental and physically fragile; her coach has no answers, and her new fitness coach (which many of us here ridiculed during his announcement), has created problems with Petra's stroke and game (probably as a result of Petra's reduced rest and preparation, coming out of her illness, but nonetheless playing Fed Cup, an Exo and Czech Extraliga), which is what we heard previously, from another article.

But I promise you. Nothing that we discuss as actual Petra/Petra tam member events are made up here. Petra and her team, are usually quite candidate about what's not working, and what they don't do. :lol:

Believe it or not. I just wrote as little as possible. And I don't know, if I said much, due to all that I detailed in that response to UncleSilas.

If/when I get the chance, I'll try to find it (along with any recent articles). You can do the same as well. It's quite long(my response to UncleSilas), so you'll know it when you see it. Cause Uncle Silas (like you), asked me a couple of times...I tried to be polite and respectful; until he asked a few more times, and I finally told him. :lol:

Nonetheless, like I said, you can find many good links (or copy and paste jobs) here, that can give you good information, especially the Czech ones, like I said.

I hope that helps.

#16 ·
Here is the most recent Czech Reprint/Translation AshaPova (hope I spelled it right), courtesy of Google and Czech--Lufa's translation/over sight.

This one deals with the state of Petra and her team, following her loss to Laura Robson.

Google translate is our friend :), did only some necessary corrections

We have to dig out of the mud, says Kvitova coach Kotyza
18th January 2013 12:00
Melbourne (from our correspondent)

- Again. Finish her! Coach David Kotyza shout to tennis player Petra Kvitova in her battle with Robson at the Australian Open. But he saw how troubled she is. "It was clear that she is very unhappy," he said.
When Kvitova flew into the third set to 3:0, the coach believed that everything goes well. "At that moment she looked like renewed. He thought she will destroy Laura, said. "But she hesitated at 3:1, did three DF . Serve had completely gone. From 4-4 she already seemed to be bothering with herself."

What sank her? Worse fitness or poor self-esteem?
Laura looked fresher. But it was more mental freshness. Laura trusted herself, trying to overtake Petra in pressure. She went for the win. Deservedly dragged it to the end.

What was your first thought when Petra suppressed tears on court?
It was visible that she is unhappy. When opponent sees that, gives her confidence. Petya dealt with hers bad tosses, referees statement. Lots of things disturbed her. You could see that her head is not ideally set.

Does affect her disenchantment of the defeats, and the fact that the new method of fitness training does not work?
She went into the match with determination. But when she dumped the service she began to be desperate. This is a picture of how she looks. Experiencing a difficult period and today it did not help.

What will you do next?
We need to look at the program. Petya has played a few matches. We will try to request a free card on the indoor tournament in Paris, which is played around one week before the Fed Cup. We consult with Kristian Bajza (fitness coach) and Michal Safar (psychologist), how to make her again enjoying the game. We need to figure out how to dig out of the mud.

How deep are you in?
Enough. After this match keeps me alive just straw. (Smile)

You take it that your position is in danger?
Every coach goes through some bad times. But this is not yet so long that we have to address staffing issues. Maybe talk about it with Petra, but I think it is soon. Not that I want to cheer myself ...

Do you believe that changes in training show early ?
I believe. I do not know when it will come, but I believe. It is a fact that we have started something, and it would be unwise to make big waves when Petra is down.
Here's the link below:

http://sport.idnes.cz/rozhovor-s-te...ou-fcy-/tenis.aspx?c=A130117_210626_tenis_rou

Note: I think Lufa may have highlighted the bottom part, cause Petra's coach--David Kotyza, took it upon himself to declare that he sees he should stay longer (probably, cause he knows Petra's not the decision maker).

However, most questions or answers aren't bolded in her/his reprint, when you read it.

Just an FYI

#17 ·
OK Asherapova.

I found it. Here's the detailed response I gave to UncleSilas repeated questions. I'm posting it here, instead of private messaging it, in case some one else ask, wants to know. So calm down some of my Czech Comrades. :lol:

This discussion, actually came out of Petra's Czech Extraliga loss/panic (lol), back in late December (the 18th or 19th, 2012). Here it is below, with the original question and link. I didn't realize that, when I copied it, but screw it. :lol:

I am glad you thought the same. I don´t think Petra is fat, but it is obvious that she is a bit overweight (and only for a professional tennis player, I don´t mean it disrespectfully like others) not too much, but still a bit. She was slimmer in 2011 and moved so much better, that´s what I mean. She is a tall strong woman and is never going to be the skinny type, and she is never either going to move like Radwanska or Errani, but she doesn´t need to, she just need to move good enough again to get comfortably into her hitting zone and then she can be unplayable. Sharapova has improved immensely in that field.
I got your response but I am still puzzled. It´s her manager then, but her coach, parents... they all agree? Is her circle so so close ? Why did her previous fitnees coach leave? I think he was a middle aged good looking man who used to sit besides her coach. Maybe she should change all her team, coach included and start anew?
Wow!

Where do I start? :lol:

I tried to be polite, discreet and respectful. :lol:

But yes, it's her management.

They are not set up like the management of top 10, young Wimbledon, future potential multi Grand Slam champion. They're set up like a top 100-200 player operation. And they possess too many conflicts of interest, all controlled by one person.

I, along with others, have spoken about this Plenty in Petra's subforum. But I've never went into detail here on GM. And I still won't. It's just too many examples. However, I'll try to give a decent overview. :lol:

1) Her Manager/Management seems to only hire Czech's or Slovak's within his network. Now, I don't have a problem with that if they're the best people. However, if they're not and/or presents significant delays to Petra's development, then that's a problem.

Her last Fitness Person was Ivanko. That was the gentlemen you were mentioning. He was very good actually. But he was let go. Her new fitness person (another Management choice), appears to be nothing to write home about, and almost embarrassing for a player of Petra's caliber. Trust me. :lol: That's a problem!

2) Her Manager (who's not a coach or tennis player, but a business man) actually chooses her coaches and even peripheral staff. That choice should be between Petra and her coach (and or independent tennis advisors she consults with). But her manager actually publicly brags that he's the one calling the shots and controls Petra's decision making. Can you believe that? Tacky!

And even her current coach (David Kotyza), who shows promise in some areas, and lack of promise in others; is a stooge of her manager. I think his hearts in the right place. Nonetheless he's a YES MAN for her manager. And I doubt, Petra will receive outside help (specialist--for example--to work on different tennis areas) anytime soon, if ever, at all.

3) Her Management has massive conflicts of interest. He owns/runs the Prostojev club; he's Petra's personal Manager (with massive control over her personell, career and events participation). He's a Czech Tournament promoter (Fed Cup, Prague 100K and Extraliga); and Prostojev is involved with player development as well. He's also manager of Tomas Berdych and Lucie Safarova, who are also members of the Protojev club, just as a FYI. And of course he's active in Politics.

Because of the various conflicts of interest, Petra is frequently asked (and he's actually bragged in Czech publications that he can get Petra to do what he wants) to promote or play in his silly events--even when she should be home resting/preparing for Slams or out the country practicing on outdoor hard courts, as opposed to indoor in cold ass Czech Republic. So you know; Prostojev is mainly an indoor facility.

You know, Petra hadn't had a male hitting Partner all year in 2012? Last year, she periodically used her boyfriend--Adam (also a member of her Managers Prostojev club by the way) to hit with, and look at the results she had? This year, the only time, I can recall she hit with a male hitting partner, was when she hit with the Prostojev Junior boys. Yes, you read right. :lol: And the irony of that?....Petra actually extolled the virtues of hitting with a male hitting partner (albeit junior boys), but she hadn't had one all year. Come to think of it; she hit with a Junior boy (in Adam), periodically last year as well. Amazing! SMH.

How in the world does a player with Petra's stature and presumed expectations, not have a part time, per diem or full time male hitting partners? :shrug:

4) Petra was diagnosed with asthma in 2009 at the US Open. And it appears they had taken three years to find the proper inhaler. Why? They had a host of the world doctors to choose from, and it appeared they only focused on their local Czech doctors to find the solution. Puzzling. And you can say this about practically every decision her team makes. They don't operate like a top team. And to make it worse, Petra trust them and appears to not encourage or insist in her own decision making.

5) This would explain why Martina Navratilova has said more than a few times on Tennis Channel "I don't know what's wrong with that kid, she doesn't contact me", when asked by Lindsay or her other broadcast partners on the air. This year at Fed Cup, Martina wasn't initially invited. :eek: Yes it's true. Apparently, it was a dis by one of the Czech tennis Big wigs that her manager cozies up with. It appears they may encourage her (directly or indirectly), not to speak to outside tennis advisors, due to their established, internal Czech Cliques? :help:

Former Steffi Graf coach, and Czech Pavel Složil , stated in a Czech magazine article that Petra should seek out Djokovic's people regarding her conditioning, diet, asthma and further fitness. And I agree. You see, Pavel is an independent Czech, not affiliated with Petra's manager, so speaks freely like any other normal person would. Unfortunately, I highly doubt she will.

And here in lies the big problem (and why I wrote so long :lol: ). Petra's hasn't taken charge of her career yet. And the people she has (in my opinion) don't appear to be able to take her to the next level. They caught lightening in bottle with Petra in 2011. And it was her talent, youthful optimism and confidence, which carried her through. Don't get me wrong. They did their parts/job. However, Petra needs additional support, advisors, fitness, practice and mental strength, etc., if she's to fulfill her promise. Unfortunately, her management (who appears to make the decisions) seems content, with using the people they have in their network, even if they may not be the most qualified, reputable or convenient choices.

Petra has earned enough money and the reputation (in tennis circles) to hire the best or at least top notch people in assisting her to potential greatness. However, for most of the year she didn't have an actual team. At first it was Petra, her coach and Fitness instructor. When he left, it became only Petra and her coach, until Katie The PR LADY (probably from WTA) traveled with them. And in Montreal it got so bad, that Petra actually hit with Katie before her matches there. Now give Petra credit, she won Montreal (though she could have very well lost in the first round). But how in the world can you hit with your PR Lady, who's not even a tennis player? SMH

Pavel Složil , mentioned in his interview, that he used to have Steffi hit with the top male players (and I mean the VERY top) after an easy match to get her reps. Now, not only did Petra not have any male hitting parter in 2012 in any capacity, but I've never heard of her hitting with Tomas Berdych (despite the management connection) at any slam or combined event. SMH

Until things change, Petra's team from top to bottom is just not anything to write home about. As a matter of fact, it's kind of embarrassing for a player of her caliber and recent, current success and alleged aspirations.

In short: It's like Petra has a Bad Father/Controller/Coach, that can't let go (and neither can she for that matter). Yeah, we've all seen, heard that before. The difference is; it's a greedy businessman out to further his won self interest and ego--many times at Petra's expense and detriment, I feel. She could get rid of him tomorrow if she wanted (or choose her own people to work with, if he insisted on keeping her). We know, Petra doesn't need and can get rid of him. It happens all the time with player, managers. Granted; it's a little more difficult with your mother or father as coach or manager. But that happens to. :lol:

Hopefully (though I'm not counting on it anytime soon), Petra will. We'll see? :scratch:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=472200&page=6

PS: I also came across an asthma article around that time as well. This one was actually posted on GM and not here....Maybe I'll private message it to you (only cause of the older date, and I don't want to confuse readers), if/when I get the chance? Hell, maybe I'll re post it, since her asthma continues anyway. :shrug:

#18 ·
:tape:
Sweet Jesus, no hitting partner? Hitting with the effing PR LADY?
I have never heard the likes of that, and it's even stranger considering only her fans in here seem to know what's going on. I mean I would have thought that when it reached hitting with the PR Lady the Twitter journos etc would have had a field day. I'll never get my head round that one, how does she even practice? By herself?

Thanks for all the insight by the way, some things there are truly shocking. But yeah, a male hitting partner is a basic requirement for a player like Petra.
I almost missed this, cause the page flipped so fast, due to the length of the thread. :lol:

Yeah, it's crazy. Most of GM doesn't know this. And I guess the press does (or maybe they don't), and keeps it quiet. Like I said, so much of this is revealed in the Czech press. And maybe that's the reason why, the English speaking press doesn't know or reports it. :tape:

And yes, we know Petra hit with the PR lady, cause she told us in ONE OF THOSE ARTICLES. LOL

As far as the NO HITTING PARTNER SITUATIONS, I think it's twofold.

1) Both Petra's manager and coach (as I mentioned in that long post), have mentioned in the past, that 'Petra doesn't like redundant activities', so they have to give her 'different methods' to train her. So I think the monotony of a hitting partner, Petra may not like. Her manager, may also be too cheap to hire one, if he's paying for it and not Petra. How else can you explain it? :shrug:

2) Of course, the REAL problem of not having one is: It explains, why Petra, can so many times be horrid in her form to start a tournament, especially when she doesn't carry her brain with her. And if you use last year as an example, this may also explain why she couldn't beat Maria or Serena and made so many errors on the slower clay and Plexicushion vs Sharapova. Yeah, she could get by with out one (hitting partner), against most of the field. But not against Maria, Serena, and some of the other losses she had. It's a different level of pace, consistency and determination she's going to face, compared to previous opponents, leading up to them.

Common sense says: Why doesn't she or handlers get/realize this, I know??? :scratch:

But yes, it's true. And she still doesn't have one. :eek:

#19 ·
Holy shit, that's a lot. Just as a wild idea, why not do one of two things(without really thinking it through):

Bring in a new full-time coach. Larry Stefanki is available. You can tell me better if he'd be a good fit for Petra, but a change is desperately needed. If Kotzya really has no clue what he's doing, Petra is doomed. I suspect she only keeps him on because she's comfortable with him. Or:

Bring in specialists. I despise the guy and will do so until the day he retires, but Novak brought in Todd Martin and one of the Woodies to work on certain parts of his game. He kept Vidja on, but brought in specialists to help out. He knew he needed a change and look at what he's doing. Petra should bring in specialists to help with her game if she really is going to continue to bring on Kotzya.

#20 · (Edited)
I agree whole heartily with you, regarding Petra bringing in specialist and having senior advisors. That's a good idea, even if she wanted to keep Kotyza.

The problem is not ultimately Kotyza. He has some benefits as a tennis teacher, a "friend" and unfortunately a crutch to Petra. Though I'd be a liar, if I didn't tell you he appears out of his pay grade at the moment, he/she needs help.

Until Petra grows some Cajones, the problem is her Manager--Cernosek (and her love of all things Czech), that keeps her locked into her incompetent crew and training over there at Prostojev, indoors and in the cold!! Let's hope something changes.

#23 ·
Have decided to add the extra 'C' to the team name,which will now be 'Cermosek's Czech Clown College',or "CCCC".Just to avoid the ugly misunderstanding we had last year during the USO Series,I'm not casting any negative light on the Czech people or the CR by including 'Czech' in the title;it's merely an indicator of the Czech-only cronyism that Petra's manager seems to be highly guilt of in assembling a subpar team for a true shining star who deserves better

#25 ·
GREAT NEWS:D!! Now there will be an easy way to identify Petra's management team whenever they travel outside the CR:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5ZkdHImCuQ

(During MTO in last year's USO 4th Round,when Petra was totally spent following a full month of tennis w/o rest):

Coach: Feeling tired,Petra:confused:
Petra: Nope! I'm just method acting for a role in which the character is dying of exhaustion.Here's your sign:rolleyes:

#26 ·
:rolls: :haha: :happy: :sobbing:

You're MAD!! :lol:

#27 ·
So . . .is it just that her team does a much better job during Fed Cup? ;)

#31 · (Edited)
He has the same first name,but it's Petr Korda,not Pala...he was a pretty good player in his prime.Like Petra,he rose all the way to the #2 ranking,and he's the last Czech male to win a Slam singles title

Quise platicar contigo por correo pero no supe si usas guion bajo en tu direccion,pues habia un mensaje automatico por una falla

#37 ·
Okay,I mention Petronius first NOT to hurt his feelings again,but because he's the worst offender within the realm below.Can't say whether he just has EXTREMELY poor critical thinking skills...or is just afraid to address the issues...perhaps both:shrug:

#1 Stupid excuse: Cermosek is just a businessman.
Obvious and COMPLETELY irrelevant.The problem is that he's making PERSONAL decisions about clients that most non-micro-managing business entrepreneurs/owners would delegate to competent subordinates,and he lacks the knowledge to act in those other capacities

#2 Stupid excuse: None of the players are complaining about Cermosek.
On an interesting side note,the ones who trot out THAT excuse can't find any contrasting testimonies that PRAISE the guy for making them better players,either:lol:.On a simple,logical level,no normal client would complain about his/her business manager unless he/she were cheated out of money or not provided with basic services.An actress usually wouldn't blame her manager for her not winning an Oscar,but she MIGHT blame him/her if the actress/client discovered that her manager had a bad relationship with several top directors,thus limiting the client's chances at great roles.Herein lies a problem that's been ignored by CCC apologists here.Petra appears to be UNAWARE of what she needs to become a consistent,elite player and,when you see how her team sat silently by when she chose to play 5 STRAIGHT WEEKS without rest going into the USO:help:,some of her team members are pretty ignorant,too.If a client doesn't know what he/she is missing out on(to become an elite player),then he/she wouldn't complain about not receiving it:shrug:

#3 Stupid excuse: Cermosek provides Petra with top-notch facilities and services.
The jet is nice,but what about having NO male hitting partner?...or a coach that few people have even heard of(when legends are likely willing and available)?...or failing to get Petra the right inhaler for THREE YEARS?Case closed

#4 Stupid excuse: As a business manager,Cermosek can't be expected to be an expert on all tennis aspects.

This is the only one that smacks of sound logic,but it doesn't apply HERE b/c,even according to Czech posters here,he constantly brags to the media about how much control he has over Petra's operation and how much credit he supposedly deserves for her victories.Most importantly,HE COULD EASILY ACQUIRE TOP-NOTCH SUBORDINATES TO REPORT TO HIM...and yet he fails to do so,even with a high-priority client.Unless he's merely blowing smoke to show off to the local media,his own words betray the fact that he IS meddling with those smaller,fine,tennis-related details that a business manager typically wouldn't know enough about.

This sub-forum was in danger of turning into a Partisan Bitch forum where certain Czech posters challenged the right of NON-Czechs to disagree with anything that Cermosek or Petra does,so I truly applaud the Czech posters who haven't leaned on that cheap,corny crutch:hatoff:.We surely won't agree on many Petra-related issues...which is just fine:)...but at least we won't have any control from the snippy,bitchy attitude that ONLY Czechs are allowed to be candid about Petra or her team

#38 ·
Fair enough, Bruce. And thank you for keeping it all relegated to this thread.

I find it very hard to believe that Cernosek is to blame for Petra not using a male hitting partner. The blame for that surely lies with Petra herself and with Kotyza.

A shame, too, because I think a male hitting partner could easily simulate Serena and Maria's serves and groundstrokes.

#39 ·
Fair enough, Bruce. And thank you for keeping it all relegated to this thread.

I find it very hard to believe that Cernosek is to blame for Petra not using a male hitting partner. The blame for that surely lies with Petra herself and with Kotyza.

A shame, too, because I think a male hitting partner could easily simulate Serena and Maria's serves and groundstrokes.
Great points (bolded). A male hitting partner, would simulate Sharapova and Serena very well, and/or keep Petra warmed up for early rounds in tournaments.I agree and have said this before many times.

However, with all due respect Mac (on your earlier comments), I'm not sure how much you pay attention to Cersonek. Now, I'm not going to go into grave detail here (cause I have so many times in the past). But in a simple nutshell, Cersonek is involved in way too many aspects of Petra's career. Bruce is right. Let me list some:

*He's Petra's tennis Manager.

*He's Petra's promoter (or lead in for any advertisers, endorsements)

*He picks, and/or strongly recommends her coaching staff; and publicly brags about it.

*All his coaches and tennis specialist appear to be from HIS own network in the Czech Republic or Slovakia. He has no outsiders. Not even independent Czech's, like Navratilova, Pavel Slozil or Ivan Lendl, who don't always see eye to eye with Petra's current coaches, regimen and managers. Why isn't competence, and getting the best personnel for Petra--from anywhere the priority?

Just so you know: Kotyza's not independent. He's a Cersonek stooge. Remember how Cersonek got rid of Ivanko, and brought in the new MMA guy she has now, after his alleged search and announcement? Yeah, just think of that.

*Petra learned at Prostojev during her formative years as a teenager. So he's a facilities owner as well.

*Petra plays at his Czech Sponsored events, in the Czech Republic, at the possible sacrifice of rest or recuperation sometimes. He publicly bragged he could strongly urge her to play Fed Cup this year (this was said last year, by the way), before Petra had even committed to doing so....Tacky!!

*Petra plays on his Prostojev teams at Extraliga. Last year, Petra ended her vacation early, to play Czech Extraliga...Why? :shrug:

*Fed Cup, Prague 100K and/or big Czech Exo's, will usually involve Petra and a commitment (implied, begged or real) to Cersonek. He's got something to lose (or to face up to, with his Czech Crony, politician friends), if Petra doesn't show. Last year, Petra was sick, and they basically dragged her out of bed, to play in that (you guessed it), Cersonek Promoted EXO against Sharapova, mind you the Cersonek affiliated Fed Cup as well. Maybe another coach or manager, not affiliated with organizing Czech Tennis events, would have skipped all those events altogether (if any of us really believe Petra's team, that her new fitness regimen screwed up her early 2013 tennis)? :scratch: Couldn't they had started her new regimen the last month or two of the year in 2012? Oh yeah, sorry! Petra had to play Fed Cup, Extraliga, and her Exo, while and after recovering from her virus. :help: Are you getting the picture?

Most tennis people, are usually involved in only 1, 2 or at most, three aspects of ONE players career (though rarely even that). Cersonek, on the other hand, is a one stop shop Walmart, Home Depot and McDonalds of services for Petra Kvitova. Arrangements like these, always create massive conflicts of interest, and Petra has experienced many with Cersonek already. There's an old saying in sports and entertainment, that "you never give one person so much control over your career".

Someone earlier said, his players don't complain? That's because, Cernosek gets a certain type of loyal Czech player (plus Cersonek is a very powerful and connected man in Czech circles, so you don't really won't to publicly bad mouth him). :lol:

Nonetheless, you notice, Martina Nav, Pavel Slozil, and even Ivan Lendl (to a certain degree), have all strongly criticized or questioned Petra and/or her current team, regimen or training? You notice how some people are not invited or friendly with the Cersonek or current Czech Big wigs (no matter how great their tennis resumes?

It's not a world class, professional operation over there (sorry my Czech brethren). And it's way too Czech, Slovak and Cersonek Centered, instead of PETRA or PROFESSIONAL CENTERED!!

In other words, instead of Petra's Coaches and Advisors (which she has none, outside of him and his cronies), running the show and making the decisions--as you think they should Mac. It's Cersonek! And if it's not Cersonek, and it's Petra just going along with what he says (cause she doesn't care), then what's the difference? :shrug: Managers should be expendable, and have specific roles. On the other hand, this guys has his tentacles and finger prints all over Petra. :eek:

#43 · (Edited)
PS: Mac

Based off what I've read and heard from Petra's team in the past, it's a collective decision (based of the premise, Petra doesn't like Monotonous activities) regarding not have a hitting partner.

However, I will point out, the two times I remember Petra having one, they were both Prostojev affiliated hitting partners (Adam in intermittently in 2011 and the Prostojev Junior boys--late last year for YEC preparation). So if Cernosenk, can provide the Prostojev boys, then why not recommend or hire real hitting partners? You see, once again, we got that One Stop Shop Market for Petra with him.

As I was saying yesterday, I think Petra's team mentality (based off what I've always heard from them), is to manage Petra for their Sports Psychologist perspective. Every thing is to keep her relaxed and calm it appears. However, this method has it's limitations.

Think about it? If a Shrink told Petra "you could be great". Petra would be looking at that Shrink saying, "what do you know about tennis"!? And she would probably add to herself "I don't want to be great". Lol. "I just want to play my tennis, travel the world, and win some tournaments here and there, with out too much pressure and expectations", she'd probably say. Right? Lol.

So at that point, what could a shrink do, but try to manage Petra as they have (unless they try to under handily move/get her to where they want her to be). :shrug: That's probably not going to work either/anyway. :lol: You see a sports psychologist has their limitations if you don't have a 100% cooperative client. :lol: Plus, Petra's beyond a Sports shrink. She needs high level, world class psychological, motivational, instructional coaching and advisement, even more so.

Now, if a Martina Nav, Pavel Slozil or Lendl, tell Petra in her face, "You can be great"; it has a whole different meaning, feeling and context". Petra just can't blow them off (either in her response and/or in her mind). There's a respect, "been there done that" experience/success factor present. This is probably one of the reasons why Martina can't hook up with Petra the way she wants, cause Petra knows Martina brings a whole bunch of respect, self analysis and guilt with anything she says--especially criticism or advice (unless Martina's just plain unreasonable of course). Even a great, lesser known coach or advisor, could get Petra to see things in a different perspective, unlike her current team. Either way; Petra's not having it, and wants no part of this type of arrangement at the moment. :lol:

So here you have a group of people in Cernosenk, Kotyza, the sports psychologist (and who ever) who obviously can't persuade, inspire or motivate Petra (the past two years) to even have a regular male hitting partner. Nonetheless, it appears Cernosenk is willing to place THIS bet, instead of one which has A REAL COACH or INDEPENDENT ADVISOR's that can truly motivate and inspire Petra NOW, before she (hopefully) matures from this moment or 3months-3yrs later!? :shrug:

Now don't get me wrong Mac. Bless their heart. Despite what I've written, I do think Petra's team (overall) tries to do the right thing for her. I do! They're several caveats to this premise though: 1) They don't always know what they're doing (just check the end of 2011 Extraliga Injury Fiasco, first 1/3 of 2012 Cold Weather/Injury Fiasco, and the first third of this year, "New Training Methods" fiasco, plus many unmentioned others). 2) They don't always move fast enough, in various decision making that affects Petra. 3) There's usually a Czech or Slovak from Cernosenk's network involved. 4)If there's a Cernosenk sponsored tennis event, you know there's almost a 100% certainty Petra will perform in it, even if she has time off, and could use/need the practice, rest or recuperation. :fiery:

#44 ·
Okay,Ex,this will be my lone contribution for the day(aside from a PM)---Are you really so sure that Petra has no interest in learning from a great coach or ex-player,or is this simply a case of loyalty to the team who was with her when she rose to the top(even a possible fear of contractual hassles)?

#45 ·
I think it's loyalty. I think it's comfortability (Petra appears like she doesn't want to be stressed out with constant expectations). I think it's Petra's nonchalant attitude about things, and maybe a Czech, camaraderie, pride factor as well. It could be all those things. :lol:

I don't think it's a contractual thing (maybe a Family/Politics/Czech thing more so). I'm sure Petra could buy her way out of any agreement she had with Cernosenk. As a matter of fact/at this point, Petra could argue, that she's brought more value to Cernosenk's activities/ventures, than she would owe him if she left.

Petra just doesn't seem like a rock the boat type anyway. Now, of course, some would argue that her current management team, encourages Petra to stay away from bringing in independent advisors, coaches and/or tennis specialist to assist her (by sheer examples and lack of them). :shrug:

Does Petra agree with this, or she's just too dumb, naive or uncaring to even notice or care? Of course good coaching could make Petra think out the box, inspire/strive her to do more, and things differently, etc.. But who knows if this is what she wants at the moment, and why she keeps her currently motley Crue/team (and she stays away from people like Martina)? :lol: :confused: :lol:

Nonetheless, its' also possible that Petra just doesn't Know better (despite all the example around her on the tour). And feels the team she has is doing a credible job, or she's at where she should be? :shrug: Either way; to your question. Petra's ultimately 'in on it', and bears equal responsibility with her many times clueless, self serving management and coaching team, for it to persist.

Like everything concerning Petra; it's always both simple and complicated, with a dash of the unknown sprinkled in for added measure and ingredients!! :lol:

#46 ·
Yesterday, when I was listening to Petra's radio broadcast at Indian Wells (at least the portions I could stomach), there was this annoying British Broadcaster who kept discussing Petra's 2011 Wimbledon Ad Nauseum. He wouldn't shut up about it (along with his American Partner, who couldn't get anything right about Petra's game or her own incorrect predispositions about it)! If it was annoying to me, I can only imagine how annoying it must be to Petra being asked over and over again.

Nonetheless, this got me to thinking. If Petra wants the media to stop Bringing up Wimbledon 2011....Just win another major (especially in spectacular fashion), and they won't ask you about it that way anymore. :lol:

It's the same for her "Dream Year" in 2011, which Petra alludes she may not have again. She's wrong! If you have another great/"Dream Season" Petra, then people will stop mentioning/referencing 2011 so much! They only got one year to talk about!

And this is where her current coaching and management (with employing and strongly believing in the current Sports Psychologist stragegy) fails her. Think about it? It's like someone with a lone hit movie, record or TV show. When being interviewed, it's the only thing (or you'll be sure) they'll bring up. Now when you have multiple hits, they'll usually talk about what you're currently doing, what you plan to do in the future, while different people may see or have their own highlights of your career, if/when they eventually get to it. It's a totally different type of interview and scenario.

Petra actually feels more pressure being a lone Wimbledon/Grand Slam Champ with a lone great year than if she won another/more major/s or had better years. So this whole approach of , 'more winning brings more pressure' is ultimately kind of backwards and short sighted. Now, if Petra had better coaching and management they would know this to and say to Petra "If you want the press to stop asking you about Wimbledon 2011 like that, just win another Major Petra". And can't we all see Petra responding with, "Really! That's all I have to to do to get these bothersome press people to stop asking me about The Wimbledon and The Dream Season in 2011?... Just win some more of them? Okay (with a smile). No problem. It's done! I win some more Majors then" :lol:

The irony is (to the current approach): I think if Petra won more, the press would bother her less, cause she would at least satisfy some of the expectations and cravings they had for her. Right now, the press is unfulfilled and still waiting. If Petra won another major, and/or had another great year the pressure would actually be reduced. Think about it? If Petra had another great year and major, when the press ask her "What's your approach this year to winning a major" and Petra gives her usual BS Boilerplate answer of, "Oh I just want to improve and focus on my game". After that, they'll take her more seriously or at her word at least (due to previous success), than if she says the same thing when she's obviously struggling or been a non factor.

Unfortunately, these are only things that players, good coaching and advisors would notice and employ. It's not for a shrink, who frankly can't shuttle between the psychology of tennis and it's practical, motivational, inspirational and common sense/real world applications to a players mind, on and off the court. Petra's shrink is managing one portion of it; the symptoms of Petra's personality. I get it! On the other hand, good/Sharp coaching, advisors or management can notice, explain, and manage the psychological, plus bridge the sport in comfortable, relevant words, scenarios and common sense. That's the difference. If Sports shrinks were so great, they would be coaching most major players and teams around the world. But you notice they're not? :scratch: It's cause they're just one tool in the tool box. That's all. Plus, Petra's way beyond some small time Shrink now anyway. She's operating on a totally different level. Like I've said before, she needs top level coaching, advisors or management. But I guess that's all Cernosenk has in his stable and/or can trust at the moment. :shrug:

I know I said it before, but their current 'Scary Scared approach' is wrong and actually hindering/delaying Petra's development. :confused:

PS: Another argument/approach could or would be: With Petra's talent, she will always get criticized for losing and there will always be expectations after winning. So she might as well EMBRACE IT and try to win every tournament she can. Let's face it. She can't run or hide from it!! :shrug:

These are some of the realities and approaches that Petra's team should be strategically trying to communicate to her. And if they can't; find some others that successfully can and/or will! Oh well; enough!! :eek: Onward to the next match in IW!! :lol:

#47 ·
PS: Another argument/approach could or would be: With Petra's talent, she will always get criticized for losing and there will always be expectations after winning. So she might as well EMBRACE IT and try to win every tournament she can. Let's face it. She can't run or hide from it!! :shrug:
:spit: It's what she tries to do steeping on court every time, if she wins enough matches in a row she will get tournament wins. Media will always bother her, if she wins or loses, especially when loses. Wimbledon 2011\Dream Year and other stupid stuff brought only by retarded US media who knows nothing and remembers about Petra only when she makes the buzz, otherwise they can't remember who she is, because Petra smart girl and don't use tour for her own self promotion to attract sponsorship deals, media attentions and be constantly in spotlight.
Petra doesn't need to change or embrace anything just because of stupid media. Petra has right attitude but you probably forgot what it is, so i will kindly remind you;)
What do you like most about life on the Tour?
PK: Winning tennis matches!

#49 ·
Here's a clip of the guy who was ALMOST added to Petra's medical team
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JiyUkDe7PA

The big boss really liked his strategy of using leeches to suck the "asthma germs" out of Petra's blood whenever she felt sick.The fact that he's American and not Czech didn't hurt him that much,either,b/c the team has gotten used to a foreigner like Katie Spellman.No,what ruined his candidacy was that the rest of the team felt that he was "too intellectual"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.