Tennis Forum banner

Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :)

65K views 722 replies 58 participants last post by  Pharaoh's Curse 
#1 · (Edited)
I hope you don't mind me starting a new thread :scared:.

I thought we could put miscellaneous stuff in here, plus any questions we may have or anything else we want to talk about.

What d'ya think?

I'll start it off by saying "I've got A row seats for Eastbourne on the Wednesday for Centre Court" :bounce::bounce::bounce: and I'm hoping to see Petra there :unsure: ). I can't wait :bounce:

If, by any chance, you don't want this thread in here, let me know and I'll delete it.

#2 ·
Re: Random Posts/Any Old Thing

You figured the original "off topic" thread has now become officially devoted to magic mushroom-induced spy thrillers?

#3 ·

You figured the original "off topic" thread has now become officially devoted to magic mushroom-induced spy thrillers?
Yeah,I'm not at all offended by the premise here but,like you,I'm not sure that I understand it:lol:.How many miscellaneous/off-topic threads do we really need?:p

#4 ·

I didn't interpret it (and OP didn't say it was) for off-topic stuff, but if it is, I think the thread is unnecessary. To make it something people would really use, I'd recommend renaming it something a bit more specific. General Petra discussion or Misc. Petra discussion, or something like that.

#5 ·

Very good idea. I recommend renaming it to RANDOM POSTS/MISCELLANEOUS or just MISCELLANEOUS.

As for the existing off-topic thread, it's what it is - OFF TOPIC - while your post is very ON TOPIC (related directly to Petra)

BTW, I'm planning my own contribution to this new thread which will blow you away ;)

#9 ·
OK, so my contribution. I just received a special gift from a family friend.

Here it is :angel:

Translation: "To Petr, Petra Kvitová". Guess what my first name is :lol:

Back of the picture:

Translation: Petra Kvitová, 2011 Wimbledon Champion, and then a list of her sponsors

How was my friend able to get this picture with a personal dedication and autograph by Petra?
He simply wrote an e-mail to Petra's marketing company (office@tkplus.cz) and said in his e-mail that one of
his friends is a huge Petra fan (he basically said "biggest fan in the world" to make it more convincing :lol:) and
the rest is history.

Maybe you could do the same.

#10 ·
:eek::eek:

You lucky thing. :worship::worship:

I'm going to do it!

Did he ask for an autographed photo?

What else did he say in the e-mail?

Did they send it to you by post?

I want one, I want one :bounce::bounce:

#18 ·
Very nice.

There's an ending attached to your name which must mean "to".
Dative case or something like that.
Petrovi= to Petr, I guess.
Yes, its the dative case (or third case). The Czech language has seven grammatical cases. Thus, "Petrovi" means "To Petr"

And when she signs, it seems she signs something like "Petra Kvit". Or since there's no dot, maysbe "Petra Kvt".
I understand her. As she's being more and more asked for her autograph, she has created a reasonably shorter version of her surname.
As you probably know, Slavic peoples frequently use the "ova" endings for female names - like Sharapova, Navratilova, etc. - which sometimes make them pretty long.

#12 ·
Had no idea that the other thread was THAT annoying to everyone;I'll go delete it now so that some of you can tailor an off-topic thread more to your liking and control the forum according to your preferences:hatoff:

#13 ·
Congrats Petronius (I guess that has something to do with Peter)? Huh? Lol.

I saw the signed pic earlier, but didn't get a chance to comment. Nice!

Bruce, you don't have to delete the other thread. Keep it. That one is not hurting anybody.

That's why Petra #1 came up with this one.

To each his own, and/or choose/create the one you like.

No Biggie.

#16 ·
:yeah:

#24 ·
I'll start it off by saying "I've got A row seats for Eastbourne on the Wednesday for Centre Court" :bounce::bounce::bounce: and I'm hoping to see Petra there :unsure: ). I can't wait :bounce:.
I went to Wimbledon last year (for one day only) so I was lucky to see Petra play there. And it was on one of the side court so got to see her up close which was nice.

I was also one of the lucky ones to managed to get her autograph after the match, speaking of which - Nice card Petronius :yeah:

#26 ·
It's all in Czech, right? What's the handle?

#28 ·
Found it. It's so her. "Travel the world playing tennis, always smiling." She's such an ingenue. Love her.

#29 ·
@vika7 is following her, tweets "welcome partner."

This post has been deleted
#31 ·
Welcome Kikiyang.

Your guess is a good as ours/anybodies. :scratch: :shrug: :scratch: Lol.

Common sense would say (especially after a boot camp in the mountains, providing Petra's healthy) that Petra should have a very good clay and grass season, that will make many of us forget the entire post Ozzie Open hardcourt season/debacle.

We'll see?

#34 ·
So has everyone listened to Caro's infamous "Oxygen" song? ;)

Oxygen

It just occurred to me that maybe Caro recorded this song for Petra's benefit.
Just look at the lyrics!

"O O Oxygen, I'm breathing you out, I'm breathing you in, I'm breathing you out, I'm breathing you in"

Is there any better advice for asthmatic Petra? :lol:

#35 ·
:lol::lol:

#37 ·
I'm in a bitchy mood tonight :devil:

So tell me Petra comrades .... How do you think Mauresmo has improved Fakerenka's game and character? :D

I've noticed from a picture in Stuttgart that she's wearing a leather jacket now. That's the only thing I think I've noticed so far :devil:

What have you noticed? :p

Sorry Vikapower ;)

#39 ·
#40 ·
Adam lost 7-5, 6-3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.