Tennis Forum banner

Videos of Petra Kvitova

169K views 2K replies 128 participants last post by  czerwony ptak 
#1 ·
Put all videos of Petra here, matches, interviews etc.

#43 · (Edited)
I'll never forget that winner she hit Against Alexa Glatch in her first game (Hope it's there, didn't watch the video yet).

Petra had ran to the extreme top left corner, and lofted a stretched, spin around defensive back hand high in the air toward the middle of the court. Now Petra faked to the middle on the top baseline (Wozniaki style), than ran back to the corner (as Glatch hit there), and Petra hit a screaming, crouching DTL backhand winner from 15 feet behind the baseline. Pow! Glacth didn't even move! It was incredible! It also showed Petra's improved, underrated defense.

I know she hit a lot of great shots in Wimby, but that one was the most memorable/shocking/fascinating winners to me.

Oh. It's 17-18 seconds on the video (when she/her racquet makes that sound "Ah-hi"). But you don't get to see the build up, or her scrambling, mind you the defensive backhand half volley/pick up lob that preceded it.

She also had a crazy, dominating rally (the announcer even said "dominating the rally") with Wickamayer, that's on another video that was incredible to watch.

She had so many!

#46 · (Edited)
All her winners flying past her Petra-fied opponents:

I wonder what the record is for most winners hit in a tournament, I suppose the old serve-and-volley days would have been even more prolific in that statistic.

#47 ·
:eek: So good! :worship:

I had to post this at GM.
I wonder what the h8ters will say about it ;)

#49 ·
#48 ·
On most of those winners, you can see her starting to rush up to the net, too.

#52 ·
To JamesDurbin

Gucci or Bata ? Gucci

Fabregas or torres ? Fabregas

The Czech Republic Or Belgium ? The Czech Republic (note it was before fed Cup semifinal)

Bus ot Train? Nothing from these

Ski or swimmfins? Swimfins

Up or down? Up

(note the last question is tough one)
On ex Or sex ?
(note This question doesn´t mean anything there was an advertisment campaign for a drink . The right answer is scream like a lion. Drinking on ex is drinking a full glass of anything fast like take a shot )
Iveta answered on sex (she hadn´t seen the spot)

#61 ·
I love the video of her at 4 yo. Pretty nice technique already- she releases the wrist actively through the contact point rather than keeping it laid back for too long and being late. The hair video is cute too, although I don't quite understand it- was it a challenge to do it in a certain time? Or did she just feel like fixing her hair and they were already filming?

#64 ·
I love the video of her at 4 yo. Pretty nice technique already- she releases the wrist actively through the contact point rather than keeping it laid back for too long and being late.
She looked fairly well coordinated, too. And disciplined - big contrast with the video of Safina at a similar age (or slightly older?) that was posted in GM a year or so ago.

#65 · (Edited)
Verrrryy Nice/cute Follow Up Wimbledon Interview With Petra, by Sue Barker at the BBC (with Help from TopTenTennisNetwork) at their fancy off court studio.

It's 4.44 long. Excellent video and sound quality, by the way.

I noticed with only one interviewer (as opposed to a roomful of hungry reporters, fearing she'll never get out), Petra's English appears much more relaxed (with longer and more fluid, reflective sentences) than at other times. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/phpyaTTk138

Sorry for the link. For some reason, it's not embedding. I'll try later (unless someone else embeds it first).

I'm sure you guys know what the problem is?

Sorry/Thx.

#70 ·
Hey Anthony. Since your in the US, do you know, you can see all of Petra's Wimby matches (in much better video quality) at ESPN 3? Just go there, look under tennis, replays, then look it up!

You can even go back to her matches at the Australian Open earlier this year, and the French Open.

Good Luck/Enjoy!

#74 · (Edited)
#88 · (Edited)
Bobby Chintapalli

You know who saw that amazing video of Petra Kvitova hitting all 222 winners at Wimbledon? Petra Kvitova.

@fogmount You're funny. It was a quick question at All Access Hour. I said did you watch that popular YouTube video. She did & liked it. :)

@fogmount I said it was kind of fun to see the reactions of the opponents too, no? And she said, oh no, not like that. :)

http://twitter.com/#!/Bobbychin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.