Dinah Pfizenmaier - Page 194 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 21st, 2014, 11:32 PM   #2896
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dinah Pfizenmaier

Dinah fell to Nastya Rodionova, 36 63 26.

Dinah is too good a player to be flopping in the qualies like this
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 21st, 2014, 11:33 PM   #2897
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute

Damn

Not only Dinah lost, but she lost to an evil, vile witch

Dinah

Spencer. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2014, 04:07 AM   #2898
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

I watched most of the match and Dinah started out strong, giving Rodionova heavy balls and not allowing her to develop a good timing. Dinah has more variety in her game and should have used it more often. At 4-3 in the first Dinah started to lose her match concept a little, had some easy errors and kinda lost focus. Rodionova got into the match better as she stopped complaning for a while (she started at 0-0 15-30) and took the set. Dinah then regrouped and stayed close to the baseline and pressured Rodionova with her good serves which resulted in her winning the set. In the third set Dinah kinda lost her serve, rallies got longer and Rodionova was POUNDING it. I mean I was sitting at the baseline and Anastasia was hitting so accurately it was unbelievable. Constant deep shots all landing within a foot near or on the baseline. Dinah likes to counter shots like that with her backhand, even if she could take it with her forehand, she decides to actually move around the forehand and hit a low backhand. However, she fed ARod exactly the balls that the Russian/Australian likes. Rodionova was getting in her zone, it reminded me of a match years ago where she hit a Vera Zvonareva off the court by painting the lines like that. If a player is belting it like that, it is your job to try to get them out of their striking zone and that is exactly what Dinah failed to do. She could have opened up the court a bit by hitting some loopy angled forehands or some backhand slices, or even some angled backhands. Also, if you see that you are losing points by getting backhand winners off your opponents racquet blasted into your court - YOU GO FOR THE FOREHAND! Dinah's coach was really passive, I feel like I clapped more for her and even yelled "Angle (Winkel!)" at her. Next point, she hits an angled backhand return and wins the point. But it was too late.
It's a shame because I feel like Dinah didn't play a bad match, she was hitting the ball nicely, she just tried to do something better where it was obvious that her opponent is better in doing that. Dinah has an extreme backhand grip, naturally it produces spin and angles, so please use it! And her forehand has all the abilities to create an opening as well, so divert the ball away from your opponents strongest shot, please. The match would've been different if she had remembered that.