Tennis Forum banner

Congrats to all the hardcore Petra Kvitova fans

7K views 56 replies 16 participants last post by  steni 
#1 ·
Yeah I'm a fan but this is a shout-out to the hardcore fans. Those who never, ever wavered in their support. Congrats to all of you. :yeah:

#3 ·
Indeed! :) I cannot consider my self as a hardcore fan on TF because I haven't been there since 2011 or earlier but at least as a hardcore fan in my heart (altghough it can sound a bit pathetic :rolleyes:). :cool:

Congrats to "all" that remained with Petra to this day and hat off for them. :worship: :hatoff:

#6 ·
Indeed, I have been a fan since her 2010 match against Serena at the beginning of her rise and she has been in my signature since day one.

I hope my other fave Simona can achieve the same success, but whatever the results for my two faves I love them for their beautiful games and personalities off the court, not for their results and titles, they are just a bonus.

#7 ·
Indeed, I have been a fan since her 2010 match against Serena at the beginning of her rise and she has been in my signature since day one.

I hope my other fave Simona can achieve the same success, but whatever the results for my two faves I love them for their beautiful games and personalities off the court, not for their results and titles, they are just a bonus.
Well said. ;) :hatoff:

#8 ·
Petra was way, way too talented to have only one Slam. I was so happy she won - she richly deserved this win. Crossing my fingers for a strong summer and U.S. Open from her.

I am ashamed that I went from hardcore fan in 2011 to merely fan the last couple of years because I was so disappointed she wasn't living up to her potential (when we all know she is bursting with potential and is so capable of being one of the best in the world alongside Serena and Maria and Li). Thankfully Petra proved me and a lot of other people wrong.

#10 ·
Classy post, Pov. Tomorrow you'll post something that will piss me off, but this was well said.

Reactions: pov
#11 ·
:bigcry: isnt easy to be her fan :bigcry: If I tell you guys how tough was to get up at 4am to watch Shitra play :lol: I think the toughest lost to watch was AO 2012. I hope she wins this tournament one day. and I hope she can snatch cheaterpova's wig again :lol:

#16 ·
Yeah guys, I'm guilty too.

I stopped getting up at weird and early hours most times (especially the Asian Swing), while Shitra was in full effect for much of 2013 and most of 2014. The hell with that! :lol:

However, that performance she put on yesterday; with her utter domination, ferocity and incredible shot making, is why we still watch and remain fans (whether close, distant or with a wandering eye), and hope Petra comes close to even realizing half of her potential as a player.

What an amazing display of serving, returning; forehand/back hand ground strokes, and offense to defense on the run shot making!!!? :hearts: :worship: :hearts:

All the experts (even the usual ignorer's, haters and nitwits), are calling it, both one of the most dominant performances, and best displays of tennis they've ever seen, especially in a grand slam final.

PS: They're collectively saying: 'Kvitova put on a display as good as anything we've seen from BJK, Martina, Serena or Steffi Graf today'. Such is the talent of one Miss Petra Kvitova. Good Luck Petra!!!!!!!

#17 ·
PS: They're collectively saying: 'Kvitova put on a display as good as anything we've seen from BJK, Martina, Serena or Steffi Graf today'. Such is the talent of one Miss Petra Kvitova. Good Luck Petra!!!!!!!
Yeah. I re-watched already. It's so good I could watch it yet again and still enjoy it. For me that's rare.

#21 ·
Well, I hope none of you have unbuckled, because while this Wimbledon was nice, and GOATra visited us for a few matches, we are not about to believe that she has decided to become the normal manifestation of Petra. Establishing a new dominance looks much more like what Halep or Bouchard has been doing than what Petra has been up to for the last seven months.

#22 ·
Well, I don't expect Petra to suddenly change, I think people who believe it are a bit naive. ;) But I think she could bring this new level of confidence and better game overall to her next matches :cheer: and perform well on the slams again (at least like in 2012 and also show her spirit occasionally and win something :oh:). :bounce: But we'll see, I know Petra too much to actually predict something. :rolleyes: :lol:

#23 ·
I'm curious to see how she'll play in Stanford. Her interviews and her attitude are miles better than when she won last time (where she was deer in headlights). Right now, she looks like she's actually looking forward to the expectation and embracing the challenges, which is a huge step in the right direction.

#24 ·
I'm curious to see how she'll play in Stanford. Her interviews and her attitude are miles better than when she won last time (where she was deer in headlights). Right now, she looks like she's actually looking forward to the expectation and embracing the challenges, which is a huge step in the right direction.
I think she has grown up mentally. When you win the freaking Wimbledon twice, you have nothing more to prove, as your career as a tennis player is already at the Hall-of-Fame level and trumps the achievements of 99% of players on the tour :)

She can now play freely, relaxed and enjoy herself on the court.

I think that deep inside Petra knows very well that even if her results are far from stellar throughout the season she can always (or at least very often) save her season at a certain tourney held in London that is, by coincidence, the most prestigious event in this game :lol:

Last, it must be a great feeling, if you know that your peak game on grass beats basically anyone except Serena in top form.

It's a gift.

#25 ·
Certainly she has the knowledge that she can peak at any given time, and the experience of three, soon to be four years of making the YEC based on a few random tournament wins throughout the year. IMO, it is partly this knowledge that has prevented her from taking the steps necessary to dominate week in, week out, and have a Steffi Graf type of career. Winning Wimbledon once was already more than she ever imagined; twice is also just a beautiful dream to her. And she is just very, very happy with that.

You can hear it in the way she talks about Wimbledon: it is always, for her, the best tournament, the most lovely place, with the best memories, that brings out the best in her. And I wish she would instead think, "I am an exceptionally talented ballstriker with decent speed and a great serve. I should also be winning the other slams too."

Then again, perhaps that level of ambition is incompatible with her lovely, humble, sweet personality. I would frankly rather Petra stop at two slams and remain who she is rather than win 18 and become a psychopath or a narcissist like Serena or Sharapova.

#26 ·
Its the first time I ever saw her play on my tv last saturday.

Congrats to her and to her fans. Seriously, no one would have won against her the way she played in her last 2 matches.

For me, Petra seems to be a very kind person but she is also very fit and got amazing talents in her. She is like a feline on the court. She seems quite strong in her head too. She just need to have the same mindset in other slam and with the 'weapons' she has she will win other championships, and not just at Wimbledon.

Clijsters has been one of my favorite player of all time, because she always stay the same gentle person no matter the success she got.

I oddly got the same good vibe from Petra.

#28 ·
Yes, there's something magical about Petra (both in her game, appearance and demeanor).

And when she plays well, it's so majestic and beautiful to watch (everything she does on the court).

And I'm so glad that Petra got to show her speed and versatility. Cause too many people are so used to seeing her dominate rallies or making errors (when she's off), they never usually get to see her anticipate, move, and hit on the run, which we know she's known for, saw plenty of in 2011.

I haven't read many Petra articles lately (though I've seen the recent interviews out of Wimbledon). However, I never thought it was about Petra being nervous or living up to the pressure (let's take her coach, Manager, and conditioning out of the equation for a second). I always, got the feeling, Petra more-so didn't like/want the invasion of privacy and expectations, constant pressure of being a top 3 player/Grand Slam contender at every event. Thus, Petra coasted during most of the year in 2013. And she was just downright awful the first half of 2014. Obviously, she competed well at majors in 2012. However, I think those semi-final loses to Masha did effect her, because it appears Petra thought everything was going to be as easy as 2011 (especially against Masha). And when she realized it wasn't (plus received criticism for it), she appeared to do the wrong thing and take matches, stretches of the season off, till she realized "OK, now time to win some events to keep top 10 ranking". :lol:

Petra lost her swagger by 2013, thus didn't appear to work hard enough, give it her all (until she realized she needed, or wanted to).

Let's hope she's truly engaged for the rest of the season, as Petra knows she's had recent success during the US summer Hardcourt season (probably a response to flopping to Flipkens), along with the Asian Swing in the back of her mind.

She can do this (gulp, we hope; though take a week or two off first)!!?? :eek: :angel: :worship: :angel: :eek:

#41 · (Edited)
Wow, I was just coming here congratulating Petra and her fans, and it starts like another bashing thread about Eugenie.

Calling her Douchard?

The hatred its so fucking pathetic.

I dont even know why I even care coming here now.

Dont worry, I learn my lesson.

Congrats to Petra and best of luck for the rest of the season.

#53 ·
It would be interesting to see another past rivalry restored but on the coaching level: Martina N. vs. Chriss E. / Petra vs. Genie, something like on the ATP tour: Becker vs. Edberg / Nole vs. Fedex. :devil: :bounce:

#56 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.