Tennis Forum banner

Who do you want to appear next in Tales from the Locker Room (maximum 4 players)?

• Klara Zakopalova

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Dominika Cibulkova

Votes: 47 48.5%
  • Ekaterina Makarova

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Angelique Kerber

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Julia Goerges

Votes: 44 45.4%
  • Daniela Hantuchova

Votes: 42 43.3%
  • Sabine Lisicki

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Kirsten Flipkens

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Sorana Cirstea

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Nadia Petrova

Votes: 31 32.0%

Tales from the Locker Room - Wimbledon sketchbook, 2nd Monday (Bara, Kveta & Venus)

659K views 3K replies 423 participants last post by  TapeError 
#1 · (Edited)
Tales from the Locker Room - Wimbledon sketchbook, 2nd Monday (Bara, Kveta & Venus)

Episode 112 - Championship Point January 2019

Alexander Zverev & Novak Djokovic

Episode 113 - Drop the racquet! Back away slowly! March 2019

Elina Svitolina

Episode 114 - Equal Pay May 2019

Ion Tiriac

Episode 115 - Equal Pay part 2 May 2019

Ion Tiriac, Ilie Nastase, Anne Keothavong, Mariana Alves

Episode 116 - Equal Pay part 3 May 2019

Ion Tiriac, Simona Halep, Anne Keothavong

Episode 117 (and fin) - Wimbletoons June 2019

Danielle Rose Collins, Kiki Mladenovic, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Nick Kyrgios, Vika Azarenka, Hsieh Su-Wei, Ash Barty, Bara Strycova, Miffed Max, Minimiffed, Stromatolite, CocoHero, Mikulescu, Lilla May & Bobito

Previous seasons' 'toons

See less See more
#3,436 ·
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - by popular demand - ALIZE

OMG congratulations and this retweet makes me love Alizé even more :hearts:.

One tiny thing though is you missed that Petra Martić puts an extra strand of hair above the rest of her ponytail. A little hard to describe but you'll know what I mean if you see her in the Collins match (and I think she always has it) that I imagine would be a good element of a caricature of her.

EDIT: you can kind of see the hair thing in this picture, but I really noticed it watching her and Collins.

Reactions: Stefberg
#3,444 · (Edited)
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - Wimbledon sketchbook, 2nd Monday (Bara, Kveta & Venu

My eye now better, I headed back to SW19 for some 4th round action.

First up court 12 where Bara Strycova was playing Elise Mertens. When you're small and you like coming to the net, you'd better have a good smash. Fortunately Bara has (if you'll pardon the pun :oh:) a smashing one. I think I've seen her miss one all week and she's hit a ton of 'em.

Bara on completing the Bertens-Mertens double

Then for a Pimms (over which I worked on the above sketch) and some very tasty fish & chips :lick: before going to watch some doubles.

Kveta Peschke has to be the most selfish player on the women's or men's tour. I'm not talking about her tennis, rather the fact that she obviously knows the secret location of the Fountain of Eternal Youth but ain't tellin' noone. Not fair.

She's still an absolute joy to watch on a doubles court though. One point, where she hit a round the net post slice backhand, then glided into the net to put away a perfect forehand volley was exquisite.

There was one outstanding bit of sportsmanship in this match. Kveta hit a cross-court forehand winner which was called out. After the Hawkeye challenge showed it to be good, the umpire said to replay the point. Both Peschke and her partner Nicole Melichar protested that it had been a winner. The umpire looked to Abigail Spears who :shrug: and turned to her partner Nadia Kichenok. Nadia nodded and walked back to receive the next point. Now it's one thing to do that at 1-1 40-0 in the first set. But they were a set down, 3-3 in the second and 30-40 on Peschke's serve. Quality sportsmanship.

From there it was to Mr Henman's Hill where I was probably the only Brit rooting for Petra :)bigcry:). After a while I joined the queue for C18 behind Henman Hill and watched the rest of the match from there. After about 45 minutes I was only 8 from the front of the queue and it seemed I would get to see, and sketch, Venus Williams in her soon to begin mixed doubles match. That was when a very sheepish looking Steward emerged to tell us that the match had been moved to court 1.

This smiley :mad: doesn't even begin to express my feelings at this.

So off I went to find some mixed doubles to watch. On court 17 I found Nadia Kichenok again this time partnering Aisam-ul-haq Qureshi against Katerina Srebotnik and Michael Venus.

:scratch:

So here, damn you Wimbledon, is my sketch of Venus

#3,445 ·
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - Wimbledon sketchbook, 2nd Monday (Bara, Kveta & Venu

Bara on completing the Bertens-Mertens double

This double may soon become a new benchmark of achievement in women's tennis :lol:

Needless to say that today she delivered some great Kontents vs. the home player :cool:

Thanks for the great and long report (with a funny ending) and hopefully the eyesight suffered no harm :)

#3,450 · (Edited)
For those of you who play AO Tennis, Ginny Hoffa is now available to download. Sadly no options for cigars or two handed forehands in the player creator :(

I've listed her as 1.55m (5'0"), which is an inch or two too tall but the game doesn't allow you to go as small as 4'10½". Her best shots are slices, drop shots, drop volleys, lobs and other sneaky shit. She also comes with an all-white outfit for when she gatecrashes the All England Club.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.