Tennis Forum banner

Who do you want to appear next in Tales from the Locker Room (maximum 4 players)?

• Klara Zakopalova

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Dominika Cibulkova

Votes: 47 48.5%
  • Ekaterina Makarova

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Angelique Kerber

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Julia Goerges

Votes: 44 45.4%
  • Daniela Hantuchova

Votes: 42 43.3%
  • Sabine Lisicki

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Kirsten Flipkens

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Sorana Cirstea

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Nadia Petrova

Votes: 31 32.0%

Tales from the Locker Room - Wimbledon sketchbook, 2nd Monday (Bara, Kveta & Venus)

659K views 3K replies 423 participants last post by  TapeError 
#1 · (Edited)
Tales from the Locker Room - Wimbledon sketchbook, 2nd Monday (Bara, Kveta & Venus)

Episode 112 - Championship Point January 2019

Alexander Zverev & Novak Djokovic

Episode 113 - Drop the racquet! Back away slowly! March 2019

Elina Svitolina

Episode 114 - Equal Pay May 2019

Ion Tiriac

Episode 115 - Equal Pay part 2 May 2019

Ion Tiriac, Ilie Nastase, Anne Keothavong, Mariana Alves

Episode 116 - Equal Pay part 3 May 2019

Ion Tiriac, Simona Halep, Anne Keothavong

Episode 117 (and fin) - Wimbletoons June 2019

Danielle Rose Collins, Kiki Mladenovic, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Nick Kyrgios, Vika Azarenka, Hsieh Su-Wei, Ash Barty, Bara Strycova, Miffed Max, Minimiffed, Stromatolite, CocoHero, Mikulescu, Lilla May & Bobito

Previous seasons' 'toons

See less See more
#3,254 ·
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - 106, Catsuit

bobito, you sketched KYRGIOS (if that is him) and haven't yet sketched SAISAI (or BFCD) :sobbing:
@danieln1

#3,262 ·
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - 105 part 3 feat Gasquet (and Minimiffed)

Simo agrees with Mogley.

Reactions: bobito
#3,280 ·
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - 105 part 6 feat Delpo

Bobito, have you ever thought of using a software like Manga Studio (now Clip Studio) ?
I think it would be very useful to your work. And you don't seem to be using a Wacom tablet for your tracing, is that by choice?

Check this full rez section of a pic I'm working on in Manga Studio https://i.imgur.com/h41UPz4.png
Without a Wacom tablet that's impossible to make.

#3,281 ·
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - 105 part 6 feat Delpo

Bobito, have you ever thought of using a software like Manga Studio (now Clip Studio) ?
I think it would be very useful to your work. And you don't seem to be using a Wacom tablet for your tracing, is that by choice?

Check this full rez section of a pic I'm working on in Manga Studio https://i.imgur.com/h41UPz4.png
Without a Wacom tablet that's impossible to make.
I do use a tablet but only for the colour, not for the line work. I draw the lines with pens and brushes, scan the drawing and then add the colour using a tablet. I've used Wacom in the past but I'm currently using a Ugee. They're cheaper than Wacom and have a larger drawing area.

I may try out Clip Studio since they have a free trial. Thanks for the tip.

#3,291 ·
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - 105 part 6 feat Delpo7 Feat Darth Thiem

^If he wins I'll replace my avatar with this until the next RG. :scared:

Reactions: bobito
#3,292 ·
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - 105 Rafa

A bit late as I've been busy this past weekend but here's the finished 'toon. It was fun doing it bit by bit. Of course , Rafa had the last laugh.

Simone Bolelli, Guido Pella, Richard Gasquet, Maximilian Marterer, Diego Schwartzman, Juan Martin del Potro, Dominic Thiem & Rafael Nadal

@Javi Hope you like it

#3,294 ·

A bit late as I've been busy this past weekend but here's the finished 'toon. It was fun doing it bit by bit. Of course , Rafa had the last laugh.

Simone Bolelli, Guido Pella, Richard Gasquet, Maximilian Marterer, Diego Schwartzman, Juan Martin del Potro, Dominic Thiem & Rafael Nadal

@Javi Hope you like it
I'm frankly disappointed... None of your suggestions worked it seems. :awww:

;)

#3,296 ·

So who wants to see a white catsuit this Wimble'toon?

No Moggley, not you :rolleyes:
:awww: Please, Moggley must go to Wimbledon :sad: He can't miss that opportunity. ;)

#3,299 ·
Re: Tales from the Locker Room - 107 - Wimble'toon feat Serena & 'Penko

Very definitely NOT by Royal appointment.

Serena Williams, Jelena Ostapenko, Naomi Broady, Heather Watson, Andrew Jarrett, Kader Nouni, Shino, John McEnroe, Tracey Austin, Kate Duchess of Cambridge, Meghan Duchess of Sussex, Duke of Kent

Thanks to @miffedmax for his help. This one was a lot of fun to do.

#3,302 ·

Very definitely NOT by Royal appointment.

Serena Williams, Jelena Ostapenko, Naomi Broady, Heather Watson, Andrew Jarrett, Kader Nouni, Shino, John McEnroe, Tracey Austin, Kate Duchess of Cambridge, Meghan Duchess of Sussex, Duke of Kent

Thanks to @miffedmax for his help. This one was a lot of fun to do.
The way you drew Aljona's facial expressions while playing was really good. A confrontation between her and Ginny Hoffa is also great and it delivers.

Reactions: KCatty
#3,301 ·

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Best episode to date!! It has everything. I especially like the Naomi bits and I had been anticipating Ginny squaring off with Ostapenko at some point. Nice one @bobito!!!
Glad you liked it. As I said, I had a lot of fun drawig some of these panels. Ginny giving Kader an eye test is my favourite. Also putting Serena and Shino on the same side of the argument (sorta') was fun.

#3,304 ·

I'll be pitching my tent the next few days with the aim of getting CC a ticket for Wednesday and C1 or 2 for Thursday. Hopefully there'll be some fun things to sketch.

If you're in the queue and see a plump, scruffy guy with a beard, a blue hat and a sketchbook, come and say hello.

#3,305 ·

I'll be pitching my tent the next few days with the aim of getting CC a ticket for Wednesday and C1 or 2 for Thursday. Hopefully there'll be some fun things to sketch.

If you're in the queue and see a plump, scruffy guy with a beard, a blue hat and a sketchbook, come and say hello.
do it! but be warned, you may end up spending the next hours (and likely day if you enter the gates together) laughing at hilarious stories and being totally amazed by the drawing abilities of this one man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.