Tennis Forum banner

Magda Linette

254K views 2K replies 112 participants last post by  norolim 
#1 ·
In my opinion she's the most talented player out of all our girls born in 1992. She's now in semis of a very strong 10k in Turkey and during past 2 weeks she's beaten some very good players including former WTA #83 Beygelzimer :)

#1,977 ·
I'm surprised she's planning to play Tampico, but I guess considering she'll have direct entry in Guadalajara (2 alt at the moment), there won't be that much tennis to play there, 1 or 2 matches at most (sorry Madzia) with enough time to rest before the 125.

#1,979 ·
Anyone supporting Magda has to be brutally realistic, otherwise he wouldn't be able to support her, there would be way too much bad blood.
This way I can actually enjoy watching her play with only minor annoyance instead of repeated meltdowns :LOL:

#1,980 ·
That’s it.I’m following the rule of “Very limited trust “ towards Magda.Like You said,having not much hope is the only way to go.😁
At least she doesn’t have to struggle in Q for Slams.For now that’s a huge achievement.

#1,984 ·
Magda has a chance to be #1 seed in Tampico 125K (Kostyuk and Adreescu drop more points then her), but they have a really strong lineup there with all those who don't want to end the season just yet. At the moment 15 top100 players are in the draw.

• Helpful
Reactions: A Queen M
#1,985 ·
After Magda's win against Marino and reaching Tampico F i decided to take a look at her ranking breakdown, and seriously, if she manages to get some slightly better results in 1000K and slams in the first half of 2023 - I'm talking literally one round better, she could really be looking at a CH. She has nothing substantial to defend, and her worst points all come from majors and 1000.

Also, her consistency is pretty much preventing her from sudden drops, there are only 2 results with 100 and more points in her breakdown right now, so unless her game crumbles dramatically, we can be sure of another year in top100 (although it would be nice to have at least one high point, that would really shoot her up the ranking).

#1,988 · (Edited)
HejtPark is delivering, Magda is so selfaware ( sometimes I wish she wasn't that much but she knows her flaws and what she needs to work on) and hilarious, she just said that after losing to Kerber in Strasbourg, Mark (Gellard) came to her hotel room to tell her that draw for Roland Garros is out and she plays Ons. Magda got mad, cursed out loud, "why my luck is so rotten, please get out and leave me alone for the rest of the day". She let all her frustration and anger out from that match with Angie and cried and next day she was refreshed/ "brand new". She asked Fabrice Santoro for a practice and he helped her a lot to prepare for Ons.

That Nadal anecdote :hysteric: LMAO!

It's really funny and insightful so far.

• Love
Reactions: Jerem and A Queen M
#1,990 ·
She's absolutely adorable, I just wish more people knew about her. Clever, insightful, honest and down-to-earth character, what's not to love about her. It was a great decision overall to make her media presence a thing, only a shame it happens so late.

#1,998 ·
Table Tableware Apron Cooking Food

Automotive design Engineering Cooking Wood Customer

Videographer Camera Video camera Single-lens reflex camera Engineering

Food Watch Staple food Cooking Ingredient

Magda became chef in Italian restaurant in Hobart😍

Attachments

#1,999 ·
Hope Magda enjoyed the Elton John concert tonight in Melbourne.
Looks like she was there. (y)